We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where do you find wargs?

I'm in the lone-lands atm, and there are like literally only 5 wargs on the entire map. Eminty of the Wargs require you to kill hundreds! I'm kinda scared. Anyone know what to do? Any in North Downs? (If i do kill the wargs in ND, but i dont buy ND quest pack, i can still complete the Racial Deed right)?

Also, since I dont have many TP, I should aim to go for Ereigion after Evendim right? (I like soloing. I dont want to waste any TP on a zone between Evendim and Eregion. I think it shouldnt be too hard to grind there...)

Sorry if I can't spell.

Re: Where do you find wargs?

Wargs are pretty much everywhere - Lone Lands, North Downs, Evendim, Angmar, Forochel, Misty Mountains, Eregion.

The ones in Lone Lands do tend to be pretty spread out, certainly not a great place to grind them. Southeast of Esteldin in the North Downs (but not as far as Dol Dinen, you don't want to be venturing in there for an efficient grind!) is a good place to find them in decent numbers. Probably the best place to grind them is in SE Forochel because they're really packed in, but they're also level 40+ so not really an option early on!

In answer to your other questions:

Racial deeds are not linked to quest packs. ND Wargs will count.
    Evendim to Eregion is a big jump - if you can only buy one quest pack after Evendim I would suggest Angmar, which will take you high enough to start the second epic book and journey to Moria.

There are a gazillion wargs in North Downs- specifically east of Esteldin- and I'd imagine they'd still count for your deed. You'll have to check, I am not completely sure. If they don't, you may want to think about buying the ND quest pack; it'll get you into your mid 30s easily.

As for where you go, Evendim is ~28 to 40; Eregion is ~48 to 53. You'll need another quest pack; Misty Mountains is ~40-49, Angmar ~40-50, Forochel ~44-50.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

The wargs in the Lone-lands are "shared spawns" with other nearby creatures, such as spiders, crebain, and orcs. If players continually kill only the wargs (which is a pretty common scenario), eventually all that will be left is the other creatures.

These shared spawns will reinitialize randomly if they go unobserved for some length of time (I think 5 minutes), but as long as someone runs by them every 5 minutes, they won't.

The same thing is true of crafting resource nodes that spawn on the landscape, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    The wargs in the Lone-lands are "shared spawns" with other nearby creatures, such as spiders, crebain, and orcs. If players continually kill only the wargs (which is a pretty common scenario), eventually all that will be left is the other creatures.
    Partially correct, actually. Wargs in West LL (the ones with the wolves south of Inn and the ones with the goblins at foot of weather top) do not share spawn points with any thing. Kill nothing but wargs and you get more wargs. Wargs in East LL (any thing past Weathertop) do share spawn points.

For northdowns, lowest level wargs you can find are those by the 'something scar' (north of area before bridge to eastern ND) that are around bears and wolves. These would be my best suggestion...
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

actually i think eregion is 45-55. I don't want angmar because i heard it's mostly group quests and im a soloer (and its pretty expensive too)

So maybe trollshaws and then eregion?

I'm going to agree with Laire and suggest the North Downs. There's a spot on the east side of Esteldin and well to the north in Nan Amlug East, near the Aurochs skull, where nothing but wargs spawn. This is where I've gone to complete the deed on all my characters that needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo_F View Post
    actually i think eregion is 45-55. I don't want angmar because i heard it's mostly group quests and im a soloer (and its pretty expensive too)

I'd disagree with whoever suggested that Angmar was mostly group quests - there is no shortage of solo quests in Angmar. Certainly a lot more solo L40+ quests in Angmar than there are in Trollshaws, where you're getting close to the end of the region's quests at that level.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Angmar_Quests
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Trollshaws_Quests
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Misty_Mountains_Quests
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Forochel_Quests

Those might help you decide what the best option is, you can see which are solo/small fellow/full fellow.

I support angmar as well. not only does it have plenty of solo qeusts, but it also has access to many of the mobs you will want for your high level class quests (books, legendary trait quest line, etc.). it has quest from the low 40's all the way up to 50. If you stick to it for grinding out mobs for books and quests, you could easily bump this up to 51 or so, and be ready for moria without needing eregion. Plus, many of the instances in angmar drop class items for the same legendary quests, and if you don't need them they sell very well at the AH (money maker).

However, that being said, I do like eregion quite a bit. and it fills many gaps in angamar. in spite of the numerous quests in ang, there still spots you would be left to grinding a bit in between quests. also, angmar was put in the game before MoM came out, so much of the gear in angmar wasn't necessarily designed with wardens or runekeepers in mind, so the stats aren't optimal for those classes on the angmar gear. the eregion gear is much better suited for the new classes. but it's not a deal breaker...i wore my fem set on my RK for a long time, and you get it on your first big Angmar chain.

so, it has it's up and downs, but overall i think angmar would be too nice of a place to miss. that and it really is your only option for the mid 40's without tons of grinding or heading over to Ferochel, but i think that may be a separate quest pack.

Angmar = 41 - 50
    Ferochel = 43 - 50
    Eregion = 48 - 53 or 55
    Last edited by elyxthaxzus; Jan 14 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Misty Mountains has a good spot.

Caldwell Pool and surrounding area has 8-12 with a decent respawn rate, as well as goblin encampments close if you have that deed as well. There is also a campfire close for any skills that may be relevant. I flew through the Emnity of the Wargs III up there. I'm only going back to Lone Land because I want to finish the last 20 I have for that deed there.

how do you BE a warg? O.o

For Racial and Class Deeds that involve slaying, any target of any level in any region will do (once the Character is minimum level for the Deed itself). But unless you have access to the Region, you get no credit for local Slayer Deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
    I'm in the lone-lands atm, and there are like literally only 5 wargs on the entire map...
    Then you're just looking in the wrong place.

From the Forsaken Inn, go SE and up the ravine leading to the goblin ruins, but take the second(?) left, the one where you can see the campfire.

There's a narrow valley just beyond the campfire full of respawning wargs (and high-Stealth wolves). If you run along the central ruined walkway you get one plus one or two below it, and then go down those stairs, and straight(?) across and up some others and there are a few more up in and along and below that set of ruined platforms. from there east. Repeat as needed. These are all level 20 or so, but the wolves don't tend to come to the aid of the wargs.

(If you push east past the wolves/wargs, there's an archway leading to a valley of spiders, and past that one leading to elite spiders. Have fun!)

If that's not convenient, just south-west of the entrance to Esteldin, level 25-ish wargs prowl among the hoarcoats, and (as mentioned above) slightly higher level up and around to the NE of that town.

Just fyi, the lowest level warg is found in the East Shire within the Bridgefields Wall ruin, located north across the river from Stock. It's only one and is a named Boss, and the local wolves there do tend to come to its aid, but it does respawn and is only level 11 or so - good to trigger the deed (once you're Lvl 13+) and put it on your Deed Log (shift+l), if not finish it.

I just want to confirm that you can advance a racial deed in an area that you don't own. I did exactly this with the wargs in the North Downs, at the same area people mentioned. There is a spot in the Lonelands, near the spiders, that other posters gave directions to - if you want to do the warg deed in the Lonelands, that's where you want to go - and you might want to go do the racial deed there, since it'll advance your Lonelands deed, too, which will give you more TP & increase a virtue.

For questing paths, I like to go Lonelands -> Evendim -> Forochel -> Eregion (sometimes skip this) -> Moria. If it's your first time in Moria, you don't want to go in underleveled (it's *tough* at first!). And I personally prefer Forochel over Angmar, both for the scenery and yes, the lack of fellowship quests. Make sure you keep up with your epic questline, btw - you need to finish part of it to get to the second half of Angmar.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedzebraaz View Post
    how do you BE a warg? O.o
    You can BE a warg in Monster Play. On your character selection screen, click the Monster Play button and you can create a monster character. (You'll have to have a non-monster character of at least level 10 first, though.)
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Reviving because either it wasnt around at the time or no one mentioned it.

Best lower level place Ive found for wargs is Haudh Eglan. Its in ND in the north part of Annundir: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Haudh_Eglan
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520600000000050a/01003/signature.png]Bourne[/charsig]
    Volunteer newbie helper

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ View Post

Lonelands and Trollshaws can get you to Eregion. Lots of dailies in Trollshaws that will help with any missing levels.

As for wargs, ND, Misty Mountains and Angmar. Can't remember seeing any in Trollshaws.