We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: P v MP v NPC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    P v MP v NPC

    Just for the record I'm with NPH on this. I'm personally tired of lvl 65 geared/ungeared traited/untraited noob freeps coming out when there's no-one else around in open field and as soon as they think they're gonna die run like scared little rabbits back to their rabbit hole. If they don't want to fight MP or monster players and do the work, why come out? Use all the skills you have to your advantage, but don't go running back to npcs because you didn't get your skill circle done right. not our fault but we're paying the price. BECAUSE if we don't chase you into your npcs we don't have a chance of ever getting anything unless its 3 minstrels, 4 hunters, 2 wardens, 2 burgs, 1 rk, and 1 cappy, like last night. and who can out dps 3 healing classes and one off healing class? you outnumbered us, so we keep hugged. but we still pushed you on the bridge with your npcs and back into ec with or without our npcs. which unfortunately is more than ya'll ever do. (there are a few exceptions, who weren't out there last night).

    If you all want to P v MP then when its P v MP don't go running and make it P and NPC vs MP
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  2. #2

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    I AM NPH and I approve of this message!
    .

    You got beat by a girl, sorry for reminding you:p

  3. #3

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    If you are worried about dying in PvP perhaps its time to go soak your head...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Some of us rather not die then feed the other side. You play how you like, others will play how they like. Freeps dont really need kills to get better anyway, their out there for s**ts and Giggles seeing as they get nothing but a mount for ranking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    i'd respond but i think just about anything i would have to say would prob get me more warning points against me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  6. #6

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    Some of us rather not die then feed the other side. You play how you like, others will play how they like. Freeps dont really need kills to get better anyway, their out there for s**ts and Giggles seeing as they get nothing but a mount for ranking.
    Well, why not just not PvP then? You're not "playing" really anyhow by hiding out. Unfortunately the mechanics of lotro have fostered a bunch of star hugging, self-preserving play styles (because there is no reward) that do nothing to enhance group play or pvp. Its all about the individual. Have to get your pro-stars. Have to not die. Unfortunately that leads to boring pvp. Because well, it isn't pvp...it's p...

    And sure you can play any way you want...you are free to do so within the envelope of this games rule set.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    75

    Smile Re: P v MP v NPC

    Hi all. I don't post much, but I wanna do a shout out instead of a complaint; something new hehe. Twas fun fighting you all. Some of you guys are fierce! Baggie you are one brave Warg. I know there were a bunch of others but he was one of the ones there from the start and there for hours, tough little bugger! You guys had some impressive heals going on for awhile too! Made it difficult with bad focus fire and lack of coordination till we got our band of misfits all organized. NPH, Chiron and Filth are pure beastmode. ;-)

    When that fighting started last night it was just me and Ossy vs 4 of ya, then like 3 vs 9, and it sort of snowballed after that as backup came. I prefer the small group vs small group more in the open, but as numbers wax and wane we usually see one side or the other reasonably hugging guards till reinforcements come. Then sadly when reinforcements come sometimes it becomes a matter of too much chaos and people not listening. We push off guards, people straggle or get confused somehow and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Both sides have their moments. I tend to hang back with Ossy off and on, keeping a watchful eye for Wargs as he is sometimes the only healer actually healing, and a little beast of a hobbit. At one point I thought it was pretty noticeable some of you realized that too, as he was getting some serious attention then. It was fun though.

    I do agree it is wierd there is not more of a direct-reward for the pvp Freep side, but a few of us just genuinely enjoy the fight. I get bored when it is too much back and forth between guards (sometimes it is necessary given numbers and sometimes it is just plain silly - both sides are guilty of the same thing either way), but every time I'd be about to leave zone we'd get a nice brawl in the open again. Maybe we should fight more in the East or West where it's rocks and trees.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000315ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Modest Mornien the Nocturnal Warden

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by Yelowen View Post
    Well, why not just not PvP then? You're not "playing" really anyhow by hiding out. Unfortunately the mechanics of lotro have fostered a bunch of star hugging, self-preserving play styles (because there is no reward) that do nothing to enhance group play or pvp. Its all about the individual. Have to get your pro-stars. Have to not die. Unfortunately that leads to boring pvp. Because well, it isn't pvp...it's p...

    And sure you can play any way you want...you are free to do so within the envelope of this games rule set.
    Sorry, but after playin on Brandywine for 3 years and raid vs raid action all the time that got boring. So I like solo/small groups and getting as many kills as I can without giving any. And it is playing, my Warg had 125 kills every time he dies, not 0.

    And since Crick has plenty of creeps I'm leveling a freep here, feel free to find me at Gv or Ec in 35 levels, if its me vs 4 people I will hug npc's and make it tough to get a kill.

    No wonder people like people on the other side that spoon feed you infamy or renown, you may find it boring earning a kill or avoiding death, but I dont. If you want to Zerg raid vs raid go to Brandywine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    75

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    You guys got plenty of kills on me - some silly mistakes, some silly play, some overwhelming focus fire, and some impressive jump job Warg assaults. Haha. I take as many of ya down as I can between tactics and tenacity, but I expect to die some and obviously there are moments when you have 5 wargs chasing ya or whatever, you can run back to the healer, but then you see it isn't gonna help and you just turn and take it. Get up and move on. It's all good. No hard feelings. :-P

    I am not the most geared, but I like to learn and practice, and enjoy a challenge. If anyone wants to 1v1, I am happy to. I will do a shout out to Sennari while I'm at it - we had a pickup duel the other day that was super close. Go Sennari.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000315ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Modest Mornien the Nocturnal Warden

  10. #10

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    Sorry, but after playin on Brandywine for 3 years and raid vs raid action all the time that got boring. So I like solo/small groups and getting as many kills as I can without giving any. And it is playing, my Warg had 125 kills every time he dies, not 0.
    Well awesome, you got bored of raid vs raid...eventually all forms get boring after a while. And your last part is well ok, all our plans are generally to acquire as much infamy as possible and provide little. I do like how you take credit for those 125 kills per death...I'm doubtful of a wargs ability to contribute much with that kind of ratio. But I'll stand to judge you when I see you in action to be fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    And since Crick has plenty of creeps I'm leveling a freep here, feel free to find me at Gv or Ec in 35 levels, if its me vs 4 people I will hug npc's and make it tough to get a kill.
    That playstyle will likely stick for you vs. 1/2/3 or 4 lol :-) Teasing btw. I have yet to meet many freeps who won't run and hide...Dylan is the only one so far that comes to mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    No wonder people like people on the other side that spoon feed you infamy or renown, you may find it boring earning a kill or avoiding death, but I dont. If you want to Zerg raid vs raid go to Brandywine.
    I think you are underplaying what you are actually encouraging, the avoidance of death to the DETRIMENT of your team...earning a kill is all fine and dandy...don't know where you go raid vs raid there, seems some sort of assumption you are making, along with all the spoon feeding crapoli & meatsauce. Interested in action, not sitting around for 45 mins doing nothing but waiting for freeples cooldowns to come back up....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    heh thanks Mornien and since you brought that up, you are a super beast yourself. that ambush is a royal pain in and of its-self. can't tell you how many times that i was frothing at the mouth (so to speak) after you popped that on me. i do have to say though, after that i tried to make sure that you stayed in combat as often as possible. yes ossy is a beast, no question there. gratz on 65 btw ossy, i remember you being a much lower level when you first started coming out. i personally prefer open field battles also. just south of crossroads is a good spot as its close to equal distance between gv and tr rez. anywhere in the valley between tr and gv is also another good spot. impromptu 1v1's are the bomb provided one side or the other doesn't try to run away in the end, it tends to take away the joy of finding the random 1v1's that are discovered as one prowls the map. i understand a lowbie taking off, like the lvl 42 champ that started with me while on my reaver, and changed his mind. i ended up chasing half-way to GV before giving up. but yeah last night was awesome, until both sides ended up with so many heals neither side could get a kill in.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Guess We'll wait and see when my Lm is 65 and I bring him into the moors how willing you brave creeps are to fight me.

    At any Rate, this may be your first pvp toon or Server, and at first its fun to get kills and rank up. Been there done that, Ranked Freeps and Creeps up, played 3 years. The thing I find fun now is getting the most possible kills with the fewest deaths. You may not think its fun or that I dont contribute somehow for my kills, then again you dont pay my sub.

    Also my trash coward Warg has 18 solo 1v1 kills, the rest was small group. 35 infamy per kill, hardly relying on a group to get kills for me. Am I brave on this Warg? Not really, but I already have 2 other rank 6 Wargs and a 4, so this one I decided to play different.

    Play how you like, call it brave or feeding the other side I dont care, I enjoy playing my way. Feel free to Hunt my Lm when he gets to the moors one day.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    Guess We'll wait and see when my Lm is 65 and I bring him into the moors how willing you brave creeps are to fight me.

    At any Rate, this may be your first pvp toon or Server, and at first its fun to get kills and rank up. Been there done that, Ranked Freeps and Creeps up, played 3 years. The thing I find fun now is getting the most possible kills with the fewest deaths. You may not think its fun or that I dont contribute somehow for my kills, then again you dont pay my sub.

    Also my trash coward Warg has 18 solo 1v1 kills, the rest was small group. 35 infamy per kill, hardly relying on a group to get kills for me. Am I brave on this Warg? Not really, but I already have 2 other rank 6 Wargs and a 4, so this one I decided to play different.

    Play how you like, call it brave or feeding the other side I dont care, I enjoy playing my way. Feel free to Hunt my Lm when he gets to the moors one day.

    well hopefully I'll be on my burg or minnie joining you giving the fun. Or I just may be the one that doesn't like you cause your one of the few if any LM's that use SI.

    edit. btw this thread wasn't directed at any of the people that have posted thus far on this thread. oh the irony.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    Or I just may be the one that doesn't like you cause your one of the few if any LM's that use SI.
    No kidding eh, I already have that deed almost done to get the 1m SI and I'm not lvl 30 yet hahaha. If Lm's knew how annoying SI is all the time they would spam that to everyone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    No kidding eh, I already have that deed almost done to get the 1m SI and I'm not lvl 30 yet hahaha. If Lm's knew how annoying SI is all the time they would spam that to everyone.
    oh so true. also means i'm hoping you know about the LM wound removal i've run across a couple at higher lvls that didn't have a clue
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    75

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Baggie!!! Haha you did do a good job at keeping me in combat there, smart little devil. It is super tricky for me to keep out of combat to actually use ambush, but I try to do it a lot. Sitting back with the healers and not charging in too fast helps that. It's crazy though...ambush normally has a 5 second cast which is FOREVER when you guys are running amok in pvp. Only reason I can get that off on you so fast as you charge me is because of a legacy that reduces my cast time down to 2 seconds...which is sometimes just as you start biting my toes. Hehe good times good times
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000315ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Modest Mornien the Nocturnal Warden

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    Just for the record I'm with NPH on this. I'm personally tired of lvl 65 geared/ungeared traited/untraited noob freeps coming out when there's no-one else around in open field and as soon as they think they're gonna die run like scared little rabbits back to their rabbit hole. If they don't want to fight MP or monster players and do the work, why come out? Use all the skills you have to your advantage, but don't go running back to npcs because you didn't get your skill circle done right. not our fault but we're paying the price. BECAUSE if we don't chase you into your npcs we don't have a chance of ever getting anything unless its 3 minstrels, 4 hunters, 2 wardens, 2 burgs, 1 rk, and 1 cappy, like last night. and who can out dps 3 healing classes and one off healing class? you outnumbered us, so we keep hugged. but we still pushed you on the bridge with your npcs and back into ec with or without our npcs. which unfortunately is more than ya'll ever do. (there are a few exceptions, who weren't out there last night).

    If you all want to P v MP then when its P v MP don't go running and make it P and NPC vs MP
    Personally, It's funny how both sides are complaining. It happens to BOTH sides. Usually creeps hug Bridge or keep unless outnumbering freeps or have 2 healers and the numerous number of wargs. On the other hand, freeps will hug because most are new or just know there are 5 wargs out and a good squad of creeps. If you guys keep complaining they hugged or not. Then just fight in the open and forget TA/ Bridge.

    -Beorn/ nota (My new 65)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000009b6f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerathom View Post
    Personally, It's funny how both sides are complaining. It happens to BOTH sides. Usually creeps hug Bridge or keep unless outnumbering freeps or have 2 healers and the numerous number of wargs. On the other hand, freeps will hug because most are new or just know there are 5 wargs out and a good squad of creeps. If you guys keep complaining they hugged or not. Then just fight in the open and forget TA/ Bridge.

    -Beorn/ nota (My new 65)
    totally missing the point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  19. #19

    Re: P v MP v NPC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ithalas_Moonleaf View Post
    You guys got plenty of kills on me - some silly mistakes, some silly play, some overwhelming focus fire, and some impressive jump job Warg assaults. Haha. I take as many of ya down as I can between tactics and tenacity, but I expect to die some and obviously there are moments when you have 5 wargs chasing ya or whatever, you can run back to the healer, but then you see it isn't gonna help and you just turn and take it. Get up and move on. It's all good. No hard feelings. :-P

    I am not the most geared, but I like to learn and practice, and enjoy a challenge. If anyone wants to 1v1, I am happy to. I will do a shout out to Sennari while I'm at it - we had a pickup duel the other day that was super close. Go Sennari.
    That was a fun fight. Thought I had you right off the bat then your heals starting ticking pretty good. If I had not of gotten away from melee range I would have been a dead spider. Fun times!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000000d5b/signature.png]Sennari[/charsig]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload