We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    New Freep Hunting Style

    As of the past few days, a new tribe showed up on Dwarrowdelf, The Agency. Anytime a Freep raid even starts to form we get countered by an even bigger Creep group. Which, half the members are spiders from the new tribe. personally, it got kind of annoying dieing 3+ times in 5 mins while getting only 1-2 creep kills.

    Me and a friend both got sick of it so we haven't joined a raid since, instead started roaming the moors. We've been going through the entire Steps of gram zone and just cleaning house. It's been an easy 40+ renown because there's only 2 of us, and not 15 of us getting 12 renown. To me this is such a huge step up from the raids, and i have to thank the new tribe that's running around. Moor's is now WAY more fun to me, and I'm getting renown 4x faster.

    Another reason this is also working so well is that new Creeps have started on this server like crazy. I've noticed this past weekend the Creep activity has at least doubled. So if anybody else was getting dominated like we were, try this tactic out. Works better than you think.

    Kroon - 65 Rune-keeper
    Veraviel - 65 hunter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Another thing that most likely has helped was the farming you were doing a bit earlier on Yoyoall, until Ivod and myself put you down. Don't post a message about doing things different and then get caught behind a tree at spawning circle with a creep feeding you... makes you sound like an idiot.

    Ohh and if you've ever talked to Sno, she uses the same tactic, sans the farming...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    First of all, his name is yoyoball. not yoyoall.
    Second, i was completely trashing him, he wasn't even touching me.
    Third, i think sno's jelous that i've been getting renown faster than him.
    Fourth, hate me as you wish, i win.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    487

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterloch View Post
    First of all, his name is yoyoball. not yoyoall.
    Second, i was completely trashing him, he wasn't even touching me.
    Third, i think sno's jelous that i've been getting renown faster than him.
    Fourth, hate me as you wish, i win.
    Yeah he wasn't touching you because you were rank farming him... as soon as yoyoall would run down from the rez... kroon would start moving and yoyoall would stop. Kroon would kill him and then rinse and repeat. We saw it all happen several times. It's called rank farming, and it's quite pathetic the way you came on here to try and cover up your fast ranking on a "NEW way of hunting"...

    http://img577.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00043.jpg/

    http://img13.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00044e.jpg/

    http://img522.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00045g.jpg/

    http://img146.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00046.jpg/

    http://img228.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00047.jpg/

    http://img291.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00048n.jpg/

    http://img411.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00049.jpg/

    You can see his creep character standing there not moving an inch while we killed Kroon in these images. As soon as we started hitting him. Kroon took off in an attempt to get away, and a minute later yoyoall logged off where he stood...

    Last, I'm not hating... I don't even know you as I am new to this server... I have no reason to hate you. I am just calling it like I see it. Rank farming is pathetic and diminishing to players that actually fight for their rank. I am happy to bring a rank farmer to light. EARN YOUR RANK!
    Last edited by Ivaed; Jan 10 2011 at 08:23 PM.
    The Noldor of Arkenstone

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Oh golly. Rank/ renown farming? Geez.
    Last edited by takimeta; Jan 10 2011 at 08:23 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #6

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    There is something seriously wrong with the mindset of the PvP on this server.

    I mean, hell, I admit, I am a newcomer to Lotro. I started playing maybe two days after this server went online, and had never touched it before. But, I played several MMOs and particularly Aion strictly for PvP, so that's one area I think I know a good deal about.

    It's like nobody knows how to have fun. I don't PvP to rank up for better equipment and bragging rights, if I wanted to deal with grind I'd go back to some Free Korean MMORPG. I'm a mini, better equipment would prevent my frequent deaths, but so what? I have tons of fun in those bigs raids, even if we end up losing and get steamrolled occasionally. Having fun is more important that my damn kill/death ratio.

    Take that RK Gorlock for example, he died severely times, but he got things done and didn't rage. THAT was fun! He knows he's squishy, but he'd charge in anyways to try and kill things. He'd initiate the fights, and keep the constant action going. No one wants to PvP when their dieing a lot, this is true, but why would I quit just because the enemy is more difficult than before? PvP is always about challenging to give your best.

    That being said, the spiders thing is the result of a broken PvP system; there's something about the 20 second stun and stacking 6 poisons that hits me as odd, and how it takes weeks to rank to 65 as a Freep, and less than a day to unlock a 65 creep. If working in a smaller party makes you have more fun, go for it. If you enjoy grinding up Rank for whatever reason, hey, go for it. But quiting a raid because you're losing? I play to win, but everyone dies in PvP, there are no exceptions to that in any game. I've never been angry enough to reach that rage point, but then again, I am new, so who knows.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    18

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    A broken pvp system is one in which RKs can hit for 1200-5200 while on the run. That aside, it doesn't matter what hits you if you are focus fired, you are going to die, that is pvp in large groups.

    It took me 3 weeks to hit 65 as a Freep solo, it took me another week to get full Helegrod, a 2nd age weapon, etc. It is easy to level and gear up if you have done it before. Never did a 6 man til 65, skipped all that stuff, it is all about the cap ;-p. The fact that there are level 50+ Freeps out there and they do okay should say enough.

    Day one you get a green creep that no one wants near them. You live on the edge of society because half the people think you are a spy and the other half think you are worthless. You leech as best you can and hope you get lucky and get DP. Oh, and you can pick up sticks and rocks for the 250 quests you need for all your maps. That is, of course, if the map is red and you aren't getting killed all the time by a burg, LM, RK, Champ, Guard, Hunter, Minnie, Captain and Warden...

    If it is so easy to be a creep, please come try it. It is an old tired arguement. I think next we should compare mounts to maps.

    Ghank Spiderherder
    Last edited by Rufustb; Jan 11 2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: I can't spell...

  8. #8

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterloch View Post
    First of all, his name is yoyoball. not yoyoall.
    Second, i was completely trashing him, he wasn't even touching me.
    Third, i think sno's jelous that i've been getting renown faster than him.
    Fourth, hate me as you wish, i win.
    The level of delusion exhibited here is palpable. Won what? Jealous of what? That you have the tremendous talent and dedication required to fabricate the ticking up of some numbers which have no value in and of themselves? If seeing the numbers rise gives a sense of fulfillment you aren't getting elsewhere, then I hope it's a therapeutic experience.

    I'm glad TORMENT took a stance on this matter, and am sorry to see that Prophecy of the North has not (yet), but players are free to play how they want within the bounds of the rules. Of course the community is also free to ostracize these players and associations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufustb View Post
    It took me 3 weeks to hit 65 as a Freep solo, it took me another week to get full Helegrod, a 2nd age weapon, etc. It is easy to level and gear up if you have done it before.
    Most won't have done it before though and won't power level in a few weeks. There are some genuine server transfer freeps like Sno and Card, but most freeps are new players and will take time to develop their characters and any taste for PvMP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufustb View Post
    If it is so easy to be a creep, please come try it.
    No, please don't, we have more than enough creeps on this server. :P

    It's not a matter of difficulty so much as ease of access. Choosing to reroll creeps, while still a sacrifice of time invested, is an easier decision. You may need to regain Rank 8 or whatever, but that's an inevitability, and you gain it through doing what you enjoyed: PvMP.

    Regaining a Miniature Brass Anvil, that perfect LI, or the friends not transferring with you isn't inevitable or gained through something you necessarily enjoy doing(grinding instances, skirmishing, etc). Hence the skew of creep transfers to freep transfers for the purposes of PvMP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    186

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    No, please don't, we have more than enough creeps on this server. :P

    It's not a matter of difficulty so much as ease of access. Choosing to reroll creeps, while still a sacrifice of time invested, is an easier decision. You may need to regain Rank 8 or whatever, but that's an inevitability, and you gain it through doing what you enjoyed: PvMP.

    Regaining a Miniature Brass Anvil, that perfect LI, or the friends not transferring with you isn't inevitable or gained through something you necessarily enjoy doing(grinding instances, skirmishing, etc). Hence the skew of creep transfers to freep transfers for the purposes of PvMP.
    Rolling a creep on this server or my old server (Windfola) has nothing to do with it being accessible or easy to do. I have four level 65 characters and a level 49. I spent only a little time in the moors as a freep and realized I'd much rather be out there on a creep because creeps make the moors.

    Let me say this again in case someone was not listening out there...

    Creeps make the moors.

    It does take two to tango, without freeps there would be nothing to do out there...but you must respect the creep. They have nothing to gain out there. This is a PvE game. There is nothing about this game that screams to me PVP. Turbine put PvMP into Lotro as a side note. It has seen only a few updates, it's pathetic. On Windfola there is a freep mentality of "If I can't farm renown off creeps then I'm going to log."

    When Warhammer was released a group of my friends and I left for the better portion of a year. A good PvP game but broken in several aspects, we're all back to lotro and a few of us have returned to creepside.

    Respect the Creep

    They get nothing out of being a creep. I play a creep because it's challenging. I love the weaver. I thought it was a tough class to play and was always getting blown up by RKs in big fights on windfola until a week ago when I went toe to toe vs a runekeeper near Orc Camp crossroads and beat him. It was one of only several 1v1s that I've ever attempted and I was surprised.

    Creeps invest time into their creep. When new content is released, like an expansion or an update, the creeps could sit in grams for a week or more if they logged in, and no freep would ever know they were there. They need freeps to come out and play. The skills are not given to creeps at rank 0, the skills and traits are all gained through the painful infamy gained ranking system.

    And I wonder what I am doing....why am I doing this all over again. I have a rank 7 weaver on Windfola where I also have four level 65's. Those 65's have equipment, each of them has at least 120 radiance. My champion has all but one reputation faction at kindred, and my guardian has all but 4 at kindred. I invested time on my freeps, just not in the moors.

    So let the creeps play creeps, respect the creeps. Most have invested more than enough time into this game. I am choosing to give freeps enough respect by rolling a green circle on a new server to bring some fun out there to a server that was new and lacking in organization. Our tribe The Agency uses ventrillo during our time in the moors.

    Keep bringing it freeps, we'll be there burrowed, and waiting.
    Dwarrowdelf Server - Elthorik 85 CPT, Throryn 85 CHA, Dwaldin 85 GRD, Durlag 85 MIN, Wargstalker 85 HNT, Piestalker 68 BRG

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    TORMENT didn't take a stand on anything. Everybody in TORMENT didn't know a thing was happening. Chaco took a stand with his little partner Sno. Sno's word is law out in the moors when hes the top Freep. I got at least 10 messages from people in TORMENT wondering wth just happened, and can guarantee that the kin will fall apart in the next week or so. The Prophecy of the North doesn't have to take a stand, because they don't care. It's a game. Let me have my fun, you have yours. And if you claim you dont care what i do, you obviously do because your reading and posting on this forum.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    At least he admits to being a d0uche bag.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Within 2 feet of my PC
    Posts
    225

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    I would love to fight sno alone I ganked a few last night until it seemed everyone was doing the buddy system. Managed to kill a hunter/guard duo as r2 poor guys. Oh well showed ya some of the aggressiveness we do I will go in for a kill even if it means I will die. I bet that hunter poo'd a little when I went after him. Your not safe even if you in the middle of a 1/2 raid. Keep running because we will hunt you down.. I had fun though see you guys tonight!

    Ask Card.. you guys now have some of the most aggressive spiders on Dwara now

    Hrm 1/2 though R3 in 2 days yay! Should hit R6 by the weekend at this rate lol

    On a side note: Well said Five!
    Last edited by -Unknown-; Jan 11 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0721600000002d270/signature.png]Jakespeed[/charsig]
    The JakeSpeed, Alcopwn many more.. [Freepside Retired]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuZQXQjNQA"]
    [/URL]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Province of America's France
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterloch View Post
    As of the past few days, a new tribe showed up on Dwarrowdelf, The Agency. Anytime a Freep raid even starts to form we get countered by an even bigger Creep group. Which, half the members are spiders from the new tribe. personally, it got kind of annoying dieing 3+ times in 5 mins while getting only 1-2 creep kills.

    Well that is how we roll. About the other half of the creep, well it depends if we talk or not.

    Me and a friend both got sick of it so we haven't joined a raid since, instead started roaming the moors. We've been going through the entire Steps of gram zone and just cleaning house. It's been an easy 40+ renown because there's only 2 of us, and not 15 of us getting 12 renown. To me this is such a huge step up from the raids, and i have to thank the new tribe that's running around. Moor's is now WAY more fun to me, and I'm getting renown 4x faster.

    Well last night there was a huge battle and I'm sure that within that 5 to 10 minutes of fighting you would have make a lot more renown than chasing greenies around. How did we make.. something between 300 to 500 ?! maybe more..

    Another reason this is also working so well is that new Creeps have started on this server like crazy. I've noticed this past weekend the Creep activity has at least doubled. So if anybody else was getting dominated like we were, try this tactic out. Works better than you think.

    Somebody said on other topic that when they joined forces they were able to do something and we died and they died, we rezzed they got rezzed and the fighting continued for minutes. Though if you feel like being targetted it is only because you are an RK and you taste sparky.

    Kroon - 65 Rune-keeper
    Veraviel - 65 hunter


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post
    Yeah he wasn't touching you because you were rank farming him... as soon as yoyoall would run down from the rez... kroon would start moving and yoyoall would stop. Kroon would kill him and then rinse and repeat. We saw it all happen several times. It's called rank farming, and it's quite pathetic the way you came on here to try and cover up your fast ranking on a "NEW way of hunting"...

    You can see his creep character standing there not moving an inch while we killed Kroon in these images. As soon as we started hitting him. Kroon took off in an attempt to get away, and a minute later yoyoall logged off where he stood...

    Last, I'm not hating... I don't even know you as I am new to this server... I have no reason to hate you. I am just calling it like I see it. Rank farming is pathetic and diminishing to players that actually fight for their rank. I am happy to bring a rank farmer to light. EARN YOUR RANK!
    Nah.. Seriously he's funny and every time I'm seeing one of his creep running i know there will be big renown at the end of the path

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufustb View Post
    A broken pvp system is one in which RKs can hit for 1200-5200 while on the run. That aside, it doesn't matter what hits you if you are focus fired, you are going to die, that is pvp in large groups.

    Anyway that was awesome, that big battle outside, I would buy that every night if everyone has fun.

    The fact that there are level 50+ Freeps out there and they do okay should say enough.

    The important part of the paragraph. That server got potential.


    Day one you get a green creep that no one wants near them. You live on the edge of society because half the people think you are a spy and the other half think you are worthless. You leech as best you can and hope you get lucky and get DP. Oh, and you can pick up sticks and rocks for the 250 quests you need for all your maps. That is, of course, if the map is red and you aren't getting killed all the time by a burg, LM, RK, Champ, Guard, Hunter, Minnie, Captain and Warden...

    We are spies !!!

    If it is so easy to be a creep, please come try it. It is an old tired arguement. I think next we should compare mounts to maps.

    Both side are ok in my opinion, only RKs are broken and even broken they aren't that hard to kill anyway

    Ghank Spiderherder
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterloch View Post
    TORMENT didn't take a stand on anything. Everybody in TORMENT didn't know a thing was happening. Chaco took a stand with his little partner Sno. Sno's word is law out in the moors when hes the top Freep. I got at least 10 messages from people in TORMENT wondering wth just happened, and can guarantee that the kin will fall apart in the next week or so. The Prophecy of the North doesn't have to take a stand, because they don't care. It's a game. Let me have my fun, you have yours. And if you claim you dont care what i do, you obviously do because your reading and posting on this forum.
    I only care about my infamy, though some mind about that kind of issue, other don't.
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; Jan 11 2011 at 12:54 PM.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Within 2 feet of my PC
    Posts
    225

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    What about rank Three?

    Haha we have a unheard moto in our tribe "If you have stars your not pvping hard anuff".
    If our defiler is getting attacked we will stay and kill at lease one person.
    Even if that is a zerg killing him we will get one person 95% of the time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0721600000002d270/signature.png]Jakespeed[/charsig]
    The JakeSpeed, Alcopwn many more.. [Freepside Retired]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuZQXQjNQA"]
    [/URL]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Province of America's France
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Quote Originally Posted by -Unknown- View Post
    What about rank Three?

    Haha we have a unheard moto in our tribe "If you have stars your not pvping hard anuff".
    If our defiler is getting attacked we will stay and kill at lease one person.
    Even if that is a zerg killing him we will get one person 95% of the time.

    I got half a star.. I'm a failure
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Within 2 feet of my PC
    Posts
    225

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    It's OK I lost 1 1/2 last night after getting about 1.2k from freeps haha (in about an hour). I felt bad ganking ppl from the paths so I decided to head to tr and fight the zerg head on bad idea but was kinda fun at the same time. TOA was getting some mad heals, but I did manage to put him to rest before I logged. Cheers Toa tuff little Warden I kept getting blasted by a hunter that I ganked a few times I think I made him mad seemed he was grieving me the rest of the night haha. I felt bad for a lot of creeps you guys where blowing them up bad I caught myself laughing so hard I almost got roll once because I was just setting back watching you guys farm them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0721600000002d270/signature.png]Jakespeed[/charsig]
    The JakeSpeed, Alcopwn many more.. [Freepside Retired]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuZQXQjNQA"]
    [/URL]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    I suppose as a preventative measure, when there's any valid sighting of renown farming, one could jump the perpetrator. But I suppose that only works if a Creep spots the perpetrating Freep in a guilty manner. Hmmm...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Within 2 feet of my PC
    Posts
    225

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Couple of us followed him last night and noticed when his freep was talking yoyoall was running into a tree as if auto run was on. We stayed out of sight to see where he was going sadly we lost track of him after a while. All we can do Is stop the farm session not much we can do. I do know that a rank rk that is 5 with only 3400 morale should never have 2 stars.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0721600000002d270/signature.png]Jakespeed[/charsig]
    The JakeSpeed, Alcopwn many more.. [Freepside Retired]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuZQXQjNQA"]
    [/URL]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    I fear that, with this being a F2P server, this behavior will continue to be abused. Sucks big time. Just because an action can be done doesn't mean it should be. Sigh... haven't we learned enough from Jersey Shores? Speaking of, where's my fake bake tanning shower?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    410

    Re: New Freep Hunting Style

    Jeebus WALL-O-TEXT ALARM

    Kroon, people don't like you, work with it or don't.

    People, you don't like Kroon, kill him or don't.

    ./rant off
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000019efc/signature.png]Aces[/charsig]
    Known as Cuba, Aces, Acez, Card, Quartermain, Ha, Get, and Disorder.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload