We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile Best Laptop for Lotro

Hi everyone, I want to know which laptop is best for lotro. This my first time getting a laptop and I wanted it to meet the high requirment for this game this one of the best online games i played so far. my price for the laptop is $600-750. can someone please help me

Re: Best Laptop for Lotro

Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Do it meet the high requirements

You can run LoTRO on a netbook, but it won't be pretty. It's not a question of IF it will run, but rather, how well it will. The link I provided above, I believe gives you the machine with the highest performance for video games available in your price range.

If you go to newegg.com ( a reputable online seller of computers and parts), browse to:

PCs and Laptops ---> Laptops/Notebooks

On the left are a lot of filtering options, choose for graphic type: Dedicated Card (essential for gaming)
    For price, I chose: 500-750

From there I picked one that had good reviews and a good video card. The 5730 will give you direct X 11 graphics, and I believe is the best video card available in your price range.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Absolutely not. The graphics chip might be nice but a 1.6 GHz K10 isn't going to cut it. Remember you only use a single core in LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldFamily2011 View Post
    Hi everyone, I want to know which laptop is best for lotro. This my first time getting a laptop and I wanted it to meet the high requirment for this game this one of the best online games i played so far. my price for the laptop is $600-750. can someone please help me
    I play lotro on my old laptop (3 years old) it still runs great, with only NVIDIA gs8600 Dedicated Video Card (512ram) and 4 GB of ddr2 ram. But I have to lower my graphics to medium for the moors and raids.

If I was buying a new laptop for lotro I would want 17in display, good speakers, good memory (4 GB ddr2) and dedicated video with 1GB ddr3(ATI or NVIDA). Stay away Intel video cards or cards without ddr3. If you go for a 15in display you can easily find a laptop from $450-650 range that would play lotro well.

This should be able to play it on high most of the time Asus G72GX RBBX05 Refurbished Notebook PC - Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz, 6GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 17.3" TFT, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM and should be in your budget range.

I have also played LOTRO on the cheaper Acer laptops with ATI video cards at the under $500 range and lotro was very playable at medium settings with no lag.

Here is a link to laptop video cards rating at http://www.notebookcheck.net . The video card is the most important factor that will effect your enjoyment of the game. My video card was only rated around 150 anything above 120 rating you should be ok. Commonly you will see Premium Vision AMD or NVIDIA CUBE sticker on the laptop.

All Hobbit All the time.
    Last edited by tamprime; Jan 11 2011 at 06:35 PM.

Smile Re: Best Laptop for Lotro

Hi everyone, thank you for helping me trying to find my match for these type of games. I had set my eye on this MSI laptop and i want to know would this work very well on lotro.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFIQ8wIwBg#

I play LOTRO with high-res textures and Dx10/11 (I switch back and forth to experiment) on an ASUS N61Jq. i7-720, 4GB RAM, Mobility Radeon 5730... and it looks good. Maybe an option for you?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004a074/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    [u][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?147565-Hunter-Resources]New hunter? Start reading here.[/url][/u] :)

Im using an Alienware 15x right now. It can handle ultra high graphics but its a bit pricey. :/

best laptop under 600 for lotro

Can we revive this topic? I'm looking for a new laptop for playing lotro. I am seeking advice on the best option out there right now for under 600. Please advise and thanks!

edit - needs to be 17"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002670ec/01007/signature.png]Minneapolis[/charsig]

I got a MacBook Pro that's about 4 years old at a place in Portland, OR for $600- runs LOTRO great! Refurbed stuff is available often in many arreas- CHeck Local Listings!