We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reputation travel skills?

I remember someone telling me that there are now some "Return to" or travel skills that can be purchased by classes other than Hunter/Wardens from certain Reputation vendor (for those with Kindred status)... similar to the Class travel "Return to Bree" or "Return to Rivendell".

I have not run across any of them, tho. Anyone have any other info on this? (I'm not talking about the maps that can be purchased in the Turbine Store.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000016824/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Reputation travel skills?

There is a return to Thorin's hall available from the blue stone garrison, it cannot be used by dwarves.
    There is also a Bree travel skill, it cannot be used by race of man characters.
    There is also one in Enedwaith, it can be used by all characters.

All of these travel skills require Kindred, and must be bartered for.

Finally, there is a return to Ost Guruth skill that is granted automatically when your character reaches kindred with the Lonelands faction.

These are the only reputation travel skills that I know of.
    Silverlode refugee

And I believe they share the same cool down timer with racial ports.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

i only have the thorins and ost ones....
    yeah, they have 1 hour cooldown.

Also a return to Mirkwood one barterable for 20 stars at Gathburz.

Don't pelt me with tomatoes, but I have to add that "Return To" skills (permanent) as well as the Maps (one use items) you are already aware of are available from the store. I believe that the Return To items from the store are limited to the racial towns (Bree, Thorins, Shire, Rivendell), but I can't guarantee that, and I don't have access to the game right now to verify. You could do a search and find out.

As for the in-game Return To ports, all the information previously given is correct to my knowledge:

Requirements: Reputation = Kindred, all but Ost Guruth require additional barter items and/or coin

Return to Bree
    Return to Ost Guruth
    Return to Thorin's Hall
    Return to Mirkwood
    Return to Enedwaith

They all share the Racial Port timer
    Last edited by Jenara; Jan 07 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Good point jenara, I check the store and they have return to endwaith(requires level 50), might be a mirkwood that requires a higher level. Also, you can buy return to rivendell and michel delving in the store, which normally are only possible as racial ports.

Reputation based 'Return To' rewards

This deserved to be updated.

Return to skills that you can get once Kindred with a faction are:
    Thorin's Hall- kin with Thorin's Hall + 100 Dourhand Crests (For non dwarves only. Dwarf characters get the port with a slayer deed)
    Bree- kin with Bree + 100 Barrow-treasures (For non-humans only. Race of Man gets a port here with a slayer deed)
    Ost Guruth- kin with the Eglain (automatically granted)
    Mirkwood- kin with the Malledhrim + 20 Malledhrim Gold Star Emblems
    Enedwaith- kin with the Algraig + 20 Silver Tokens of the Wilds & 20 Gold Tokens of the Wilds
    Galtrev- kin with the Dunlending + 167 Silver 20 Copper
    Stangard- kin with the Riders of Stangard + 20 Silver Tokens of the Anduin & 20 Golden Tokens of the Anduin
    Snowbourn- kin with the Sutcrofts + 250 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark

Updated with Wildermore & Helm's Deep info shared below:
    Forlow- kin with with People of Wildermore & 100 Wildermore Coins
    Helm's Deep- kin with Helmingas & 150 Westemnet Iron Coins
    Aldburg- kin with Eorlingas & 150 Westemnet Iron Coins

Rivendell- Elves get this with a slayer deed, all other races must purchase from the store for 295 TP
    Michel Delving- Hobbits get this with a slayer deed, all other races must purchase from the store for 295 TP
    Last edited by Nimenthe; Dec 11 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Nimenthe View Post
    This deserved to be updated.

Return to skills that you can get once Kindred with a faction are:
    Thorin's Hall- kin with Thorin's Hall + 100 Dourhand Crests (For non dwarves only. Dwarf characters get the port with a slayer deed)
    Bree- kin with Bree + 100 Barrow-treasures (For non-humans only. Race of Man gets a port here with a slayer deed)
    Ost Guruth- kin with the Eglain (automatically granted)
    Mirkwood- kin with the Malledhrim + 20 Malledhrim Gold Star Emblems
    Enedwaith- kin with the Algraig + 20 Silver Tokens of the Wilds & 20 Gold Tokens of the Wilds
    Galtrev- kin with the Dunlending + 167 Silver 20 Copper
    Stangard- kin with the Riders of Stangard + 20 Silver Tokens of the Anduin & 20 Golden Tokens of the Anduin
    Snowbourn- kin with the Sutcrofts + 250 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark

Rivendell- Elves get this with a slayer deed, all other races must purchase from the store for 295 TP
    Michel Delving- Hobbits get this with a slayer deed, all other races must purchase from the store for 295 TP
    There may be one in Wildermore as well?

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Yep - Return to Forlow, picked it up last week.

There's also Aldburg and Helm's Deep for becoming kin with Eorlingas and Helmingas, respectively.

and the newest Rep Travel Skills from the barterers in HD are Return to Helms Deep (Helmingas) and Return to Aldburg (Eorlingas).

Woot, thanks. Didn't know others could get the return to Bree, that opens up milestones for a few of my characters; always had one set to Bree for crafting

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post
    Yep - Return to Forlow, picked it up last week.

I never knew that. Is it a kindred rep skill?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I never knew that. Is it a kindred rep skill?
    Yes - from the trader sitting on the wagon near the southern entrance to town. As with many of these skills; by the time you get the rep you probably no longer need to travel there - though I did use my Mirkwood skill the other day just for a bit of nostalgia.

Thanks for the HD & WM info, I just started playing again and haven't been in either region.
    If anyone has the cost for the two HD Return To skills, I can add that to the list.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimenthe View Post
    Thanks for the HD & WM info, I just started playing again and haven't been in either region.
    If anyone has the cost for the two HD Return To skills, I can add that to the list.
    300 Westemnet Coins each IIRC. I'd have to hop in to check to make sure.

Edit: 150 Westemnet Iron Coins each. It was 300 for each horse.
    Last edited by LethalLethality; Dec 11 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    150 Westemnet Iron Coins each. It was 300 for each horse.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Woot, thanks. Didn't know others could get the return to Bree, that opens up milestones for a few of my characters; always had one set to Bree for crafting
    Don't waste the TP if you're talking about getting these for Non-Man characters. There's a Return to Lalia's Market skill purchasable for like three MC's if I remember correctly. Essentially the same thing for far less money. It's available to purchase at the market itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwulf View Post
    Don't waste the TP if you're talking about getting these for Non-Man characters. There's a Return to Lalia's Market skill purchasable for like three MC's if I remember correctly. Essentially the same thing for far less money. It's available to purchase at the market itself.
    Non-man characters can get the regular Return to Bree from bartering reputation items when reaching Kindred with Men of Bree, no TP needed at all.

Another bonus is that they have independent cool down timers. Unlike milestone skill which ALL milestone settings go into cool down when one is used, these skills are independent, so you can use one after another so long as the one you want hasn't been used in the last hour.

And, of course, it does mean you don't spend real money to buy more milestone skill slots.

I wonder if the 'Hurried Traveler' store item works for these, too? I have been thinking of splurging for this on some alts that travel a lot and have a bunch of milestones to help with their gathering activities. Of course, my hunters don't need it, but ...
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I wonder if the 'Hurried Traveler' store item works for these, too? I have been thinking of splurging for this on some alts that travel a lot and have a bunch of milestones to help with their gathering activities. Of course, my hunters don't need it, but ...
    No it doesn't, but there's a separate item called "Returning Traveler" that cuts all "Return To" skills cooldowns by half, just like the Hurried Traveler does Milestones. It costs the same.

Did anyone of you notice that the postings number one through seven are all more than two years old? Someone did a mighty necromancy...

Greetings, Polymachos

Yes, the one that did it says why he necro'd it.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.