We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

January Coffee Thread

4 days in and no thread. Someone is slackin!

In RL, i spent the last week working on Honey Do's getting the nursery ready, finishing a bunch of little projects around the house.

In game, working on getting champ tanks a little respect. / 65 grinding looking for that perfect LI item.

5 or 6 weapons in so far and no luck yet. So close, but so far.

Woossi

Re: January Coffee Thread

Nice initiative, Woossi. haha
    RL. Christmas was nice. It was good to be back with the family.
    In-Game: Nearing completion of Annuminas Rad Armour, but still not sure if I'll use it. Because I deleted my champ, I'm focusing alt-attention to my guard and grinding GB. Woo!
    Curie, Officer-----We Kinship-----Windfola
    [url]http://wekinship.com/[/url]
    [url]http://stickmenwithmartinis.com/[/url] A cartoon series on politics, philosophy, and life's randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by Woossi View Post
    4 days in and no thread. Someone is slackin!
    Sorry sorry! Been busy :P

In-game I've mostly been re-doing outfits and writing stories for my characters. I started a new blog at www.cithryth.com to post my stories, outfits, and screenshots in because 1) I'm tired of my.lotro and 2) I didn't want to clutter LOTRO Weekly up with my personal stuff

Out of game I've been busy! Only two weeks left til I go back to uni, so I'm busy meeting with friends and having all sorts of appointments. I'm starting to really feel like I need some new glasses, which is never a fun thing. Anyone who wears glasses knows the hassle of trying to find good frames!

I do what I can.

Gotta finish the final prep before painting the nursery today. It had a wall paper border and half of the room, so have to get the last pieces off. That was a royal pain in the butt.

In game, not much going to try to start getting into some Titan SG pugs.

I was actually thinking of this at breakfast, but Woossi beat me to it!

Well, let's see...RL is sort of settling back down. I say "sort of" because while the holiday hysteria has passed, winter weather hysteria (very common in my part of the country) is building. Seems we've got a shot at a good snowstorm this weekend...I'll have to check with my kin leader, who is an aspiring meteorologist.

In game, I went and visited our friends on Landroval Monday evening to join in the toast to the Professor, and heard some of the most exquisite music I've ever heard played in this game. It makes me excited that our own little roleplaying/musical community is starting to come to life here on Windy, it has the potential to bring so much depth to the game for a lot of people.

Now all we gotta do is show them that!

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

1st post to a coffee thread.

My real life, well thats mine.

In game I have been enjoying running with Aragorn's Allies. Great bunch, of who I've met. I think it was Monday night, we invited a few of AA on a quick DN run, then we ran a 6 and 6 watcher on tuesday night, and ran a couple of 6 mans last night with a few of them. Mix kin runs are fun and I have been enjoing meeting new peeps. I hope to run some more with them as they are really cool and fun to hang out with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e970b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If you are looking for allies. There are several memebers of We interested in starting to raid more. I'm sure some of us would come.

Ran my first SG last night, was quick and pain free. One death.

In RL, I'm sitting at work on a non snow snow day. Where most of my students are not here. I currently have 1 of 9, and next period I will have 0 of 6. Wahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woossi View Post
    If you are looking for allies. There are several members of We interested in starting to raid more. I'm sure some of us would come.
    No we aren't looking for allies so to speak. Some of AA's members have alts in our kin so we have started to bring some new friends along when our raids are not full and we need a few. I will definitely keep you guys in mind if we are low on numbers. Thurs and Sat. we run BG, it is typically full, Sun, Mon, and Tues. we are running what ever we feel like blasting through. We run DN and Watcher from time to time, and on rare occasion we hit the rift. Our raid leaders love to teach and they are class acts. Send Srobin, or Justiceric(my mains) a mail with toon name so i can friend some of WE. Hope to see you in game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e970b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sent you a MSG sorry for the shortness of it hehe

Hi Windfola!

The first few days of January was spent mainly "un-decking" the halls and getting ready to go back to school. The weather sure is strange here in CA. We live in the high desert and there was a day when some places had snow! (Apple Valley, Victorville and Hesperia) Of course it's nothing compared to the weather in the East but it was enough for some schools to take a break for the day. I'm pretty sure the kids enjoyed it tremendously.

On Sunday, Jan. 9 our kin had the "Smiles and Sillinness" event and it was my first time to attend. It was a lot of fun! There were horse races (from Nar's peak to the Hobbit town: my husband I think deliberately threw his toon off the cliff to cheat! lol), a scavenger hunt (my team won! woot!), a guessing game (guess where the screenshot was taken) and a find-the-missing hobbits contest. A huge thank you to Narlinde for organizing the event!

I enjoy raiding a lot but I also enjoy the fun and sometimes silly stuff in the game. Like the other day I finally (after months of searching!) found where that snowman is in the Vale of Thrain. I got the stage for my house and it looks really awesome. I like to play alts too, but it's the deeding that I dread!

All righty that's all for now. See you folks in game!
    "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." L. Snicket
    [font=SegoeScript]Callysta ~ Trucido[/font]

I don't mind deeding, though i just did trolls in angmar and that was a bit of torture.

Deed grinding makes me feel like i'm playing EQ again heh

Aw - a new year off to a good start. No New Year's Resolutions, however...I find January to be a terrible time to try to start a routine or new habits, but look out March!!!!

Enjoyed time with the family over the holidays, but glad for the peace and quiet that followed. Decorations will be down this weekend and a new coat of paint will go up after the walls have been cleaned. That will be the end of this year's remodel (that started in August of 2010 lol)

In game - several friends and I found a new home for our characters, continuing to enjoy the game with mature, loyal friends who are invested in one another and want to see the content available in the game without having to deal with egos and attitude. Continuing to level my burglar and enjoying stealthing around Middle-Earth trying to complete my deeds and quests Also introduced the game to one of my close personal friends and introducing him to all the beauties of the realm. Doing a little PvMP occasionally, also, just to experience the beastly side of things

Hope everyone had a safe New Year celebration - see you all in game.

Seems like January
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000134c5f/signature.png]Jenidal[/charsig]

Hrmm.. I enjoyed a nice break from work. Due to the weather here in southern Cal I was blessed with 3 weeks of time off over the holidays rather than just 1 week. Working on a farm sometimes has it benefits. Started back at work 1 1/2 weeks ago and man I wish it was still vacation time. I got very used to sleeping in again lol. 2 more weeks and then another month of time off for till we have to start prepping to plant cotton.. woot cant wait!!!

In game I continue to enjoy playing with my friends. Have met quite a few new people over the last month and have moved back to leading a small casual kin of friends. Life is grand.. both IRL and in Middle Earth

~Aeglis