We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: To hunters...

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    dannielle, that's what you play for, my reason of playing and my fun may be in the group play and not in solo killing. you can't expect me to have fun your way. this may be a competition for you but not for me.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    The best CC hunters have: bard's arrow and cry of predator. Rain of thorns/arrows is good for popping wargs out standing next to visibles (reavers, BAs, WLs, etc) but isn't much for CC.

    Many creeps carry fear pots, but they don't use them nearly as much as they do stun/root pots. Farming for silver is pretty easy but it takes a bit more time grinding in the delving which makes them not use the pots nearly as much. I enjoyed running 4 bowmaster, the heightened senses, +5s fear duration trait and I forget the last one: It worked for me, i'd generally duo. A 20s bard's arrow is pretty nice (10s duration on the second application of CC which is heck of a long time)

    Strength stance is key out there (40% slow...can get it up to 50% quick shot slow). If you really want your CC to hit you could switch stances if you're that desperate and switch back. But the creeps will just laugh at you if you run endurance or precision the whole time. Remember that low cut is pretty darn nice as well, 50% slow.
    this is a very good and informative advice, and tbh I have been trying to switch stances, but it takes time to get adjusted to. and I noticed bards arrow works very well, that's one of the more reasons why I wouldn't use strength instead, rather make sure the fear have 100% hit in precision. I might change my play style though, not sure, still trying everything myself, reading buffs and all. thanks for the suggestion. I honestly haven't looked at the utilities freeps and creeps can use such as pots, so maybe I'll take a look at those too, I just go with whatever seems to work best last time I played every time.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zynixa View Post
    If they bothered tracking anything other than 4 leggers they would know this....
    sorry for multi posts, just saw this one, we always have at least one hunter tracking nature and 1 tracking foes, and I'm not POME btw

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169

    Re: To hunters...

    I am completely displeased at the direction and tone of this thread and regret starting the post. BTW I'm sitting on the pot using my phone to post this. Thank you and god bless.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

    formerly RichardSimmons

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    dannielle, that's what you play for, my reason of playing and my fun may be in the group play and not in solo killing. you can't expect me to have fun your way. this may be a competition for you but not for me.
    Group play is for the weak and only necessary when there are the same amount of people out on the other side. As we speak there is 9 freeps out hunting 3 creeps....does that seem fair or even fun for you? Like you said play how you want but im not participating in that, its fun for no one!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    Group play is for the weak and only necessary when there are the same amount of people out on the other side. As we speak there is 9 freeps out hunting 3 creeps....does that seem fair or even fun for you? Like you said play how you want but im not participating in that, its fun for no one!
    wooooh what a strong guy you are! you think by group play I meant outnumbering? disappointing....and I haven't been out in moors for a week now, haven't seen you anyway. read the previous posts before making a comment please, and I think I'm dropping from the subject, RS I thank you very much for the suggestions and idk about you but this is all I expected, for someone to have a discussion with me on a hunter's playstyle in moors. I realize I may not accept everything right there but in time I'll look into every suggestion for every possibility. and it's possible that I won't be in moors anymore, not for me I think, not now anyway.

  7. #32

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    and it's possible that I won't be in moors anymore, not for me I think, not now anyway.

    You should roll a creep and c'mon over, you seem a decent fellow...we need more creeps that want to play and have fun.

    Gotta tell ya though, I'm pretty sure there are quite enough hunters out there for a while and I apologize for this sounding as crass as it does, but speaking from my doggies point of view, your tracks and traps will NOT be missed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000003c82f/signature.png]Neilpatrickharris[/charsig]

    [FONT="Lucida Console"]You got beat by a girl, sorry for reminding you:p[/FONT]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    and it's possible that I won't be in moors anymore, not for me I think, not now anyway.
    Apology Accepted

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    616

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    wooooh what a strong guy you are! you think by group play I meant outnumbering? disappointing....and I haven't been out in moors for a week now, haven't seen you anyway. read the previous posts before making a comment please, and I think I'm dropping from the subject, RS I thank you very much for the suggestions and idk about you but this is all I expected, for someone to have a discussion with me on a hunter's playstyle in moors. I realize I may not accept everything right there but in time I'll look into every suggestion for every possibility. and it's possible that I won't be in moors anymore, not for me I think, not now anyway.
    Don't take your ball and go home. Take their balls from them in Strength Stance and feed off your anger. That is the hunter way.

    /salute
    Scuff
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000090924/signature.png]Krool[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]“Fantasy remains a human right. We make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made, and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.” J.R.R. Tolkien[/CENTER]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    616

    Talking Re: To hunters...

    Strength stance is a must. Go 4 blue maybe for quicker skill inductions, but for the love of all us gimp hunters stay in strength.

    Solo on a hunter is by far the hardest for "the normal" guy. A really skilled person can do well no matter, but for the majority you shouldn't gimp yourself by not using SS.

    I think these creeps here are trying to help. Course that spitslinger guy, whaterever, sounds a little angry. He definatley deserves nothing but REDLINE STRENGTH STANCE IN THE MANDIBLE.

    As for Neilpatrickharris, I gotta commend you on the name of most worthless actor. Guess that fits the most worthless easymode class of warg.

    /salute
    Scuff
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000090924/signature.png]Krool[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]“Fantasy remains a human right. We make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made, and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.” J.R.R. Tolkien[/CENTER]

  11. #36

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by scott122675 View Post
    As for Neilpatrickharris, I gotta commend you on the name of most worthless actor. Guess that fits the most worthless easymode class of warg.

    /salute
    Scuff
    Scuff-a-lup-o-guss, ya cut me deep dear, ya cut me deep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000003c82f/signature.png]Neilpatrickharris[/charsig]

    [FONT="Lucida Console"]You got beat by a girl, sorry for reminding you:p[/FONT]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by scott122675 View Post
    Don't take your ball and go home. Take their balls from them in Strength Stance and feed off your anger. That is the hunter way.

    /salute
    Scuff
    lol that's not why I'm not mooring anymore, if that was true I'd be in moors in the past few days. it just takes too much time and obligation. reason why I responded was exactly to have this discussion, cause they know better and to see if I'm right. hope you all have fun in moors

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    54

    Re: To hunters...

    Well, I know little about hunters but I can say Elinborn has helped me kill hundreds of creeps over the last couple weeks. When he returns he will help kill hundreds more.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,295

    Re: To hunters...

    Don't listen to those guys who say they have ranked hunters...lies n slander. If they did n they were so good at em they'd play em (or maybe get hammered n delete em, but thats besides the point). They know nothing. All raid baby trash!

    Keep rockin the endurance stance. I hear traiting trapper of foes is a beast way to go for moors. Contrary to popular most creeps r too broke or too stupid to carry pots, so CC them to death! Also, you'll never run outta power in endurance and I mean come on if your outta power you cant do anything...simple logic here. PFFT.

    Darn fools on creepside, dont let em tell you how to play your freeps!! You leveled all the way to 65! All they did was lvl to 10 and got insta rolled to 65. Easy mode at its finest right there son. Almost as easy mode as Seattle makin the playoffs at 7-9. Both are just a disgrace.

    Rock on freeps!

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,295

    Re: To hunters...

    Also, to those so called "expert" hunters wit their rk 10s or whatever they is (raid babies *cough*) threat is a factor in the moors. If you run endurance u will surely generate less threat from me and thus will almost always live to the end of the fight as we kill off more "threat generating" targets. Also u will have power all the time unlike if u run strength and run out or just die from all the "threat" u generate at the start of a fight.

    Yet another reason those hicks know nothing, endurance stance rocks, neil has no sense of direction, and the seahawks colors are almost as ugly as cowards GF

    *TIP*

    get a loremaster to come wit you when you leave GV....have the LM name their pet *going to grothum* ..... when neil sees this it will confuse and discombobulate her. She will struggle wit the fact that, they say they r going to grothum...but they're right here. Should I go wait for them there? Where exactly is grothum anyways? I dont see anyone on my mini map...must be broken again. But if I kill them now I wont have to find them at grothum? No, no they say grothum thats where ill go...if only I can find it.

    and you will be able to spend the rest of your night free from fear of attack from neil as she searches in vein for grothum, the freeps goin there, and the rest of her grp on her mini map.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

  16. #41

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    *TIP*

    get a loremaster to come wit you when you leave GV....have the LM name their pet *going to grothum* ..... when neil sees this it will confuse and discombobulate her. She will struggle wit the fact that, they say they r going to grothum...but they're right here. Should I go wait for them there? Where exactly is grothum anyways? I dont see anyone on my mini map...must be broken again. But if I kill them now I wont have to find them at grothum? No, no they say grothum thats where ill go...if only I can find it.

    and you will be able to spend the rest of your night free from fear of attack from neil as she searches in vein for grothum, the freeps goin there, and the rest of her grp on her mini map.

    U wrong fo dat!

    I can't belive you'd bring my directionally challenged status into the general population!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000003c82f/signature.png]Neilpatrickharris[/charsig]

    [FONT="Lucida Console"]You got beat by a girl, sorry for reminding you:p[/FONT]

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    Also, to those so called "expert" hunters wit their rk 10s or whatever they is (raid babies *cough*) threat is a factor in the moors. If you run endurance u will surely generate less threat from me and thus will almost always live to the end of the fight as we kill off more "threat generating" targets. Also u will have power all the time unlike if u run strength and run out or just die from all the "threat" u generate at the start of a fight.

    Yet another reason those hicks know nothing, endurance stance rocks, neil has no sense of direction, and the seahawks colors are almost as ugly as cowards GF

    *TIP*

    get a loremaster to come wit you when you leave GV....have the LM name their pet *going to grothum* ..... when neil sees this it will confuse and discombobulate her. She will struggle wit the fact that, they say they r going to grothum...but they're right here. Should I go wait for them there? Where exactly is grothum anyways? I dont see anyone on my mini map...must be broken again. But if I kill them now I wont have to find them at grothum? No, no they say grothum thats where ill go...if only I can find it.

    and you will be able to spend the rest of your night free from fear of attack from neil as she searches in vein for grothum, the freeps goin there, and the rest of her grp on her mini map.
    haha, gotta tell you (and I realize this is out of subject but I had to say this) I sometimes wonder if you are factually sarcastic or trying to be sarcastic whether you point to the facts or not just for fun's sake. anyway I'd always get a good laugh when you or freephunter would charge in to pop our traps. it was just hilarious seeing you over-speeding towards us and running back. gonna miss that a lot

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Notleh View Post
    Well, I know little about hunters but I can say Elinborn has helped me kill hundreds of creeps over the last couple weeks. When he returns he will help kill hundreds more.
    with pleasure, hopefully even a better hunter then

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,295

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    haha, gotta tell you (and I realize this is out of subject but I had to say this) I sometimes wonder if you are factually sarcastic or trying to be sarcastic whether you point to the facts or not just for fun's sake. anyway I'd always get a good laugh when you or freephunter would charge in to pop our traps. it was just hilarious seeing you over-speeding towards us and running back. gonna miss that a lot
    lol sometimes its a lil of everything, but always in a good natured fun way . Are you going somewhere/leaving game? For some reason at the bottom of stab ec side there's always a lil lag spike for my when I charge so I appear to overshoot the target lol...oh well.

    @ Neil....

    im just kiddin wit ya...to those who dont know neil is one of the nicest ppl around and most def aces, the tops, the bees knees, the roosters beak, the bird's feather, the dog tails, the cats meow, the fish's scale, and all around swell person (who sometimes gets lost inside her own house apparently) ??
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    lol sometimes its a lil of everything, but always in a good natured fun way . Are you going somewhere/leaving game? For some reason at the bottom of stab ec side there's always a lil lag spike for my when I charge so I appear to overshoot the target lol...oh well.

    @ Neil....

    im just kiddin wit ya...to those who dont know neil is one of the nicest ppl around and most def aces, the tops, the bees knees, the roosters beak, the bird's feather, the dog tails, the cats meow, the fish's scale, and all around swell person (who sometimes gets lost inside her own house apparently) ??
    nah grad school starts today, just can't spare the time for moors anymore

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: To hunters...

    but but but in a different post in a different thread you said that you were also directionaly challenged. does that mean you actually ended up at grothum?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    67

    Re: To hunters...




    Just wanted to say thanks for the *TIP*! NPH didn't touch me. . . unfortunately, Daroo still found me! lol
    Disenchanted, LM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ~Albert Einstein

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    67

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    but but but in a different post in a different thread you said that you were also directionaly challenged. does that mean you actually ended up at grothum?

    Nope, barely made it off GV steps before Daroo got ahold of me and my pet! lol
    Disenchanted, LM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ~Albert Einstein

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload