We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: To hunters...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169

    To hunters...

    Its bad enough that some of you use precision stance... but those of you in endurance stance... i mean ***? threat doesnt apply to creeps. so please for the love of gawd use strength stance. youll do way more damage and look way less like a noob skillet. just a piece of friendly advice from your neighborhood warg.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

    formerly RichardSimmons

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Re: To hunters...

    shame on u Richard.......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    208

    Re: To hunters...

    And your trying to help the freeps because? Jk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169

    Re: To hunters...

    just sayin...

    guess im the only one with a guilty conscience now and then.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

    formerly RichardSimmons

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,295

    Re: To hunters...

    hunters suck!! worthless class

    keep on rockin endurance......save that power.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    well idk who you'r referring to exactly cause I haven't been out there in a few days now, but stance is very much dependent on your traits as well as others in your group, I agree about endurance but I'd very much rather my well placed thorn and stun hit 100% while other hunters in strength burn you down. I imagine you might not be able to fully grasp this since you haven't been in my place trying to root someone in strength, or maybe you have idk. anyway these are all in process of learning more for some of us.

    feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. all the best

    ps. I know some freeps are pretty tired of me not having a mic hehe well what can I do, a tracker without a mic is as good as me

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Post Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    well idk who you'r referring to exactly cause I haven't been out there in a few days now, but stance is very much dependent on your traits as well as others in your group, I agree about endurance but I'd very much rather my well placed thorn and stun hit 100% while other hunters in strength burn you down. I imagine you might not be able to fully grasp this since you haven't been in my place trying to root someone in strength, or maybe you have idk. anyway these are all in process of learning more for some of us.

    feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. all the best
    We have all been in your place seeing that all of our tribe has ranked hunters. While being able to root is nice, the majority of creeps do carry root pots. With all the hunters that this server seems to have a target shouldn't have time to blink provided you are all traited for damage, strength stance, and focus fire.

    That's just my opinion though, please feel free to play however you wish.

    @ Sass keep the frost-lore coming baby

    flippin guilty conscience....../facepalm
    Last edited by Zynixa; Jan 03 2011 at 10:56 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    well idk who you'r referring to exactly cause I haven't been out there in a few days now, but stance is very much dependent on your traits as well as others in your group, I agree about endurance but I'd very much rather my well placed thorn and stun hit 100% while other hunters in strength burn you down. I imagine you might not be able to fully grasp this since you haven't been in my place trying to root someone in strength, or maybe you have idk. anyway these are all in process of learning more for some of us.

    feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. all the best

    ps. I know some freeps are pretty tired of me not having a mic hehe well what can I do, a tracker without a mic is as good as me
    A hunter traited blue gives up 25% damage and is unable to slot cool burn which can be maxed to 107.5% extra damage every 6 mins. This is why when you people heart seeker people we dont run we just stand there and take the hit. your damage is pitiful. If you wanta make people afraid of you slot to put a hurtin on some one. Not to mention the most import thing u can do as a hunter isnt root and stun, thats for the LM's, the most important thing is that you have a 40% slow from 40 meters range...guess what its only usable in strength stance! as of rt now im not scared of any hunter whatsoever on this server. The best hunter out is that guy DYLAN and he still needs to polish his skill, but in the same sentence hes 100x better than the next hunter in line.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: To hunters...

    just a real quick comparison.

    Dylan's heartseeker, normal bow, 3k hp on one of my toons.
    cactucjack's heartseeker, xbow, 1300 hp, same toon.

    granted they also had different damage types, but if i don't see dylan out i don't run from HS either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    I wish you wouldn't be so ignorant to the fact that dpsing isn't everything a hunter can do, and LM isn't on every group, as well as when you gang up on someone a well placed thorn makes it so that one person can flee. I'm sorry some of us can't scare you, but note that it's a group play and everyone must have a role in a fellowship. a heartseeker alone isn't enough to take down a warg either in most cases unless well maybe if it's devastated. anyway like I said don't be ignorant and consider player roles. it all depends on if a group can play together properly or not, then even a 1300 heartseeker would be more than enough.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wisconsin usa
    Posts
    427

    Re: To hunters...

    it was just a simple comparison. i didn't agree on anything other than i don't run from most hunter HS unless i've been damaged because of the history of hunters not doing a massive amount of damage from them. that being said, i'm sorry but 5-6 hunters in w/e stance they choose all firing imp swift bow all on the same target does tickle a little.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

    Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    236

    Re: To hunters...

    Play the Hunter the way you want, I had a Rank 10 an kinda know what works in the moors, but if you want to run precison or endurance by all means go for it, hell I'd prefer it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    I wish you wouldn't be so ignorant to the fact that dpsing isn't everything a hunter can do
    Youre right they can also track.....See this is why you have such a hard time out here, you have no clue how to play ur class. Just because I have a nearly rank 12 hunter means nothing, I guess i need to get another 800,000 renoun before I can teach u a thing or two. By all means run in precision its so awesome, dont worry about slowing a target or DPSing a target. BTW I dont see you out solo much (or ever) you must not be too confident in your hunter's skills, just my opinion though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApologyAccepted View Post
    Play the Hunter the way you want, I had a Rank 10 an kinda know what works in the moors, but if you want to run precison or endurance by all means go for it, hell I'd prefer it.
    i kinow what you mean, i prefer it too......

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    I wish you wouldn't be so ignorant to the fact that dpsing isn't everything a hunter can do..... Anyway like I said don't be ignorant and consider player roles.
    You are correct.....hunters greatest skill in the moors is tracking I think you've all master that one. We're are not ignorant be any means. We were just giving you some friendly advice. Take it for what you want and play how you want to.

    I've been meaning to ask....Has that horseshoe brought you any luck out here? Any symbol drops???
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

  15. #15

    Re: To hunters...

    Here's the deal. We (speaking of course for my tribe) all have hunters, in fact, we all have numerous freep's (even high ranked ones, not to mention all 65's) on different servers. We know how the moors works, we know how groups work. The aforementioned post was speaking to those are run solo for the most part. Before you start telling us we don't know what we're talking about, you may want to check some of our sigs before making those accusations...

    Having said that, I have noticed a huge number of you are afraid to run solo, and most will not even leave the range of the one shotter's at gv if you don't have at least two healers. More often than not, you out number us by pretty significant numbers and still camp your npc's. Grow a set or learn to play.

    That is all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000003c82f/signature.png]Neilpatrickharris[/charsig]

    [FONT="Lucida Console"]You got beat by a girl, sorry for reminding you:p[/FONT]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    I wish you wouldn't be so ignorant to the fact that dpsing isn't everything a hunter can do, and LM isn't on every group, as well as when you gang up on someone a well placed thorn makes it so that one person can flee. I'm sorry some of us can't scare you, but note that it's a group play and everyone must have a role in a fellowship. a heartseeker alone isn't enough to take down a warg either in most cases unless well maybe if it's devastated. anyway like I said don't be ignorant and consider player roles. it all depends on if a group can play together properly or not, then even a 1300 heartseeker would be more than enough.
    A hunter in any stance other than strength stance is not effective in the Ettenmoors. As these nice people have shown. This is why i rarely group, the ignorance is wide spread. I don't mean that in a cruel way but just as in the manner that people don't understand how to play their classes. And im not the type that wants to teach them. For a hunter, the ability to slow a target at 40 meters in indispensable. Come on my freep breatheren wise up please!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    54

    Re: To hunters...

    Good advice for the most part I would say.

    As far as the npc huggin, I think there is plenty of that going on for both sides. ;-)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    I don't remember accusing any of you or anything, matter of fact tried my best to keep my comments polite and civil. you can review all I said if you want, and yes I'm most certain all of you have played much more than me since you all hang out in our moors, means that you have at least one well ranked freep on another server, again you can review what I said, never implied you haven't played long; even though I don't like the tone of some of you. again I appreciate your suggestions and will consider them, seeing as this is my first toon and I still don't even have an alt. but you can't expect me to do everything you say, even if you'r more experienced than me, I might have ideas myself which might have never occurred to you. and I do change my stance whenever needed if you haven't noticed.

    I do appreciate your suggestions, for example that hot burn, I mostly forget which is a nice tip anytime I don't feel like having the role of a supporter in my fellowship.

    what else....ah...hehe yea that horseshoe actually got me my symbol, but I didn't have good luck with the legacies unfortunately. not sure exactly what it does, but if I was a developer I'd make it so whoever wears horseshoe longer gets more advantage out of it, so anyone who have faith in it get more benefits I realize how stupid this is btw

    and uh....I'll reason with you all you want but don't expect your taunts to work on me I play to have fun however I like it, if I don't see any fun in soloing you can't make me to do so.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    and as a side note, I realize how some of you talk about slowing a target and such, but in the time I played in moors we were almost always outnumbered by creeps, so slowing a target wouldn't mean much since running after one would be pointless, the only thing I could do at that time was to root, stun or whatever else I could do so others can burn down a target freely. yes if we're playing with even numbers I would go strength, but if there are 5 wargs on us, I'd rather track one before the ambush and thorn on him so maybe other wargs will be rooted too and can't ambush one of us from stealth. I wouldn't continue doing so if that didn't work. but I'm learning every day, so I appreciate these suggestions.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    in the time I played in moors we were almost always outnumbered by creeps.
    You have to be kidding me you run in half raid almost everytime u step foot in the Moors you are never out numbered, the bu tt whoopings we give may feel as if we're outnumbering you. On top of that you typically have 10 of ur npc's on us because you refuse to leave them. Complain about what you want but this is pathetic, most of us creeps have multiple toons so we may switch to bring the appearance of having more numbers, that's what you scared of, not the actually numbers.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    Complain about what you want but this is pathetic, most of us creeps have multiple toons so we may switch to bring the appearance of having more numbers, that's what you scared of, not the actually numbers.
    If they bothered tracking anything other than 4 leggers they would know this....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elinborn View Post
    and as a side note, I realize how some of you talk about slowing a target and such, but in the time I played in moors we were almost always outnumbered by creeps, so slowing a target wouldn't mean much since running after one would be pointless, the only thing I could do at that time was to root, stun or whatever else I could do so others can burn down a target freely. yes if we're playing with even numbers I would go strength, but if there are 5 wargs on us, I'd rather track one before the ambush and thorn on him so maybe other wargs will be rooted too and can't ambush one of us from stealth. I wouldn't continue doing so if that didn't work. but I'm learning every day, so I appreciate these suggestions.
    There are very few times that the creeps have more than freeps....You cannot count green and blue dot creeps. They are like fighting lvl 40 and lvl 50 freeps. You cannot compare a lvl 65 geared out freep to a green/blue dot. With the numbers that POME runs around with, they should be able to push and slaughter us every time, but for some reason lacks the confidence to do so.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

  23. #23

    Re: To hunters...

    The best CC hunters have: bard's arrow and cry of predator. Rain of thorns/arrows is good for popping wargs out standing next to visibles (reavers, BAs, WLs, etc) but isn't much for CC.

    Many creeps carry fear pots, but they don't use them nearly as much as they do stun/root pots. Farming for silver is pretty easy but it takes a bit more time grinding in the delving which makes them not use the pots nearly as much. I enjoyed running 4 bowmaster, the heightened senses, +5s fear duration trait and I forget the last one: It worked for me, i'd generally duo. A 20s bard's arrow is pretty nice (10s duration on the second application of CC which is heck of a long time)

    Strength stance is key out there (40% slow...can get it up to 50% quick shot slow). If you really want your CC to hit you could switch stances if you're that desperate and switch back. But the creeps will just laugh at you if you run endurance or precision the whole time. Remember that low cut is pretty darn nice as well, 50% slow.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: To hunters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zynixa View Post
    There are very few times that the creeps have more than freeps....You cannot count green and blue dot creeps. They are like fighting lvl 40 and lvl 50 freeps. You cannot compare a lvl 65 geared out freep to a green/blue dot. With the numbers that POME runs around with, they should be able to push and slaughter us every time, but for some reason lacks the confidence to do so.
    This couldn't be more true. I can go to the moors heal spec and kill and blue or green dot. matter of fact i killed a blue and red dot at the same time just this morning. My point is this: most of the freeps group up instantly as they come to the moors they are looking to get kills as easy as possible with as little of work as possible. the only freeps Ive ever seen solo or duo are Bloin, Ryvnn, Nixa, Dylan and myself. I know Nixa and I fought 8 creeps vs us 2 from inside EC yesterday and still got kills and I never died while Nixa took maybe one death. Point being if you have a bit of skill, you arent scared and you trust what you know you can do and cant do, you can be very effective. You have to play smarter than you opponent, this may mean going a while without a kill. But as that loser Trailortrash said in another post, the point is to kill and not be killed. So hes now said 1 thing I can agree with.......

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: To hunters...

    well idk what to tell you anymore, wish I had a screenshot from when I was dead and saw the number of creeps coming. I only remember one time that we turned the map blue and afterwards that we were in raid we had more people. besides I know you switch characters but tracking results never lie.

    and I honestly don't know where all this hatred is coming from, I thought we're all fellow players. wait...am I supposed to trash talk you too? I'd rather never go back to moors with this drama, I'm playing for fun and stress release not this hehe

    and point to the fact that you are all experienced players, so even a green dot of you could be a real threat to some of us, not to mention that we always had some low level with us too, or do you not remember?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload