We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Numbers Game

Last edited by ChacoTaco; Jan 23 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Re: Numbers Game

I'll always be out as a Freep. It's just the way I play. However, I do see your observations and they are valid. It's a bad habit that's been built up over time, plus it's also a thing to where people's tactics are driven by how they want their personal stats to remain in the positives rather than the opposite.

Currently, I'm at a ration of 3.9 to 1 in terms of Kills/Deaths. I know for a fact that there's plenty of other people who have better stats than I, but I do enjoy being in the fray and mixing it up. However, it would be nice to have some different tactics be practice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ChacoTaco View Post
    But if you want people to keep coming out, maybe try to switch it up a little bit.

I have been asking for this for weeks. Every now and then something different happens like 15 freeps come out and try to take TA. Prestige, Silentkilla, and I then prevent them and wipe their raid several times both with and without NPC's. Either way many of Treason have given up on this server so you guys have fun with your boosting and fail PVPNPC. We might check back in a few weeks and see how things are going.

Oh, for those that say that it is a numbers thing and we have to wait for more freeps to level, check http://surugi.com/lotrostats/index.p...ar=2010&rank=3. Notice there are 37 rank 3+ freeps and 31 rank 3+ creeps? And we get 1 infamy for every 1.12 renown we give. Yeah, we need more freeps cause they aren't 2-1 yet.

Lastly, I find it funny that the OP is the king of hiding in the 1 shots and running to NPC's on his freep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000b3089/signature.png]Atate[/charsig]

I have to say have had a few nights recently that were a ball. And yer damn right I have been hiding in the NPCs ... when it is 5 freeps v me and lunakh i will use every advantage I can get and a troll is a pretty damn good advantage.

Really everyone is going to play how they want to play and until we get more people out in the moors this is about the extent of the play we are going to see. Doesn't mean it isn't fun on occasions and utterly frustrating at other times.

flame away prestige ... i know you want to

I prefer to run around the zone and fight, but creeps only show up to EC for the most part. And i'll be out there trying to kill them until its 6 v 1. Really need to get more organization on the Freep side to take some keeps back. The run back from GV is getting boring.
    Lol, most of the significant action on other servers occurs at EC so we are like trained to go there first thing... were spoiled. I agree on the organization comment for freepside, I have seen some pretty clumsy wipes O.o
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakaz View Post
    flame away prestige ... i know you want to
    And I have what to flame about?

We need to figure out better places to fight too. I wanted to give you guys (Treason) a fight when you came out, and we had a few with us over at Elf Camp though most of them were under 65 and had never been out to Moors. I was trying to muster others but the ones we had couldn't handle EC being rushed so that was the end of that. We have to bear a few things in mind, with Saturday evidently being your creep night:

1) When you come out, you will have more numbers than we have freeps even if we network and plan for the time being. There simply isn't enough interest in the 65 base, and as Chaco mentioned more than half of the first page of rankings have quit or are missing in action.

2) You will probably be more powerful than us because we can't always get fully geared 65s and can rarely get healers(RKs who shoot one heal in DPS spec don't count).

3) You will be more coordinated than us because most of what we can form at this point in time is on the spot. Whereas you guys group together in PvE all the time, most that we can muster to face you can't yet be considered "regulars", and not all are as enthusiastic as us so they'll be much more susceptible to leaving after wipes.

Even with all that I will come out and fight. I'll rush in 1v12 a few times if no one else is bringing it because I don't like that things always seem to dissolve recently when you guys show up, and I did do that yesterday and a bit today before I got called away to a PvE raid. But if I'm to hold together a loose conglomeration to give you a decent fight, we need to pick a battleground where we stand a chance at getting kills and the occasional successful push. Elf Camp would seem like that battleground, but sadly people can't stop exploiting the NPCs there to make it as good as a field fight in closed quarters.

Basically if either of us want sustainable renown we need to find ways to get relative balance throughout a prolonged engagement. If one of us is completely flooring the other it will be one or two wipes and then no action at all because everyone left out of futility. I've had some good fights with Arakaz and company the last few days because we can muster enough to make that even.
    Last edited by Jacbo; Jan 02 2011 at 07:56 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Wel I am new to LOTRO only joining when it went f2p to try it and liked it so much i subscribed.

Seems though from experience in new servers in other games it will just take a while to get going and find a balance. Have noticed a lot of the time it is either freeps or creeps ... not both. More oftne lately it has been creeps but hopefully that will balance in a couple of ways.

1) People will stop playing creeps so much cos they get bored with them and having noone to kill turn to other things.
    2) More creeps out mean there is always someone around for the freeps to kill and will spark more interest.

Other than that I do think you guys on the freep side need to get more organised cos I stopped a TA takeover solo the other day ... not through any great machiavellian ability just sniping and teasing around the edges til something cracked..(think a LM let a pet get to me when I was standing by a bunch of NPCs).

Wait you stopped a... TA takeover? Well the problem there might be that we haven't even had enough to take TR and LC, so whoever was trying to take TA was in a bit over their heads. Still an admirable job if you harassed them enough to prevent it if it was going to actually happen.

Usually it's pretty easy to get some creeps out there, but pretty hard to not get too many. I posted the message "Freeps preparing to take Grams, will proceed to Mount Doom" in glff when it was only me and two others out there with a couple creeps. Result was Murderer came out and brought Kikii and we got maybe 1 more freep, but we got 6-10 creeps. Creeps seem to have their ear to glff more, perhaps because they haven't made a character in the PvE game that's very fulfilling.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

I think Lugalal said earlier in this thread, Treason is taking some time away from Dwarrowdelf. It's nice to hear that you are trying to organize something around our Saturday night schedule but that's up in the air. If we do come back to Dwarrowdelf, not sure what the schedule will be like. I'm sure Arakaz and others will still be out, with a treacherous spider that can't stay away.

An observation from a warg point of view, while being tracked all the time is annoying(but expected), it's nice to see the progression. Now freeps have a better view of what is out there waiting for them. Also, you can tell when the freep raid has some organization to it, with focus fire, etc. Those are the more challenging and more enjoyable fights.

It's nice to hear of all the activity in the moors lately, hopefully it continues.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000002b679/signature.png]Silentkilla[/charsig]

It'd be great if the word could spread about a designated 1v1 zone to all the creeps/freeps.

If I'm alone out there and just want to practice 1v1 with random people, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out. I know I'm going to get ganked some when there are 3 spiders, 1 defiler, and a warg out there right by GV, but I'm not going to stick around if it always ends up being 5 on 1 and nobody will step up on their own. Spread the word about a designated 1v1 spot, somewhere to go if you want that rather than the old anything goes stuff elsewhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000db88/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Where is this designated spot located at? Or has it been set apart yet?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Should've worded it better. I would like it if there was one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000db88/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The ranked freeps isnt really relavant right now since only 2 or 3 out of the top 10 even play anymore. A good deal of the lvl 65 population seems to have vanished with WoW expansion coming out. And some of those Freeps have ranked creeps as well. Theres probably 6 or so freeps that try to make it out there nightly, creep side seems to vary all the time. Maybe twice a week a freep raid will get going somehow, but quickly get smashed by overwhelming creeps and combination of fail freep tactics lol. Somebody dies too much they tend to log. Ah well, some new blood has been getting into the moors, hopefully they will like it and we can get some good fights going again.
    1 Chaco, 1 Sno, 3 Ithilion, 4 Focault, 5 Healthedps 6 Boardwalk 7 Goryn 8 Jacbo 9 Khium 10 Sarharian

Now admittedly Focault has been gone quite a while a haven't seen Goryn in a bit i have seen Healthedps in the last weak and someone said they saw boardwalk a few days ago. The other 6 listed here in the top ten are out quite regularly now if you want to go top 15
    11 Ethren still see him from time to time less he quit in the last few day
    12 Murderer was out with the raid last night
    13 Toa was out with the raid last night
    14 Melchrondel was out with the raid last night
    15 Trius was out with the raid last night
    so tell me how 6/10 of the top 10 and 10/15 of the top 15 being out quite regularly equates to only 2 or 3 playing

I think that Isendeep should be made into the small group skirmish area. It isn't serving any purpose at the moment.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000637e5/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gilarian View Post
    so tell me how 6/10 of the top 10 and 10/15 of the top 15 being out quite regularly equates to only 2 or 3 playing
    That's quite right Gil, I think Chaco was referring to the top guys from a few weeks/month back. Alot of the Ainur original crew - Card, Victorix, Beautrix, Foc, Heywood etc that are now down around the 20th+ level all came and intended to PvMP then went back to WoW...
    [SIZE=3][B]Ohpra ([I]née [/I][/B][I][B]Oprah[/B][/I][B]) Commander of the Juiced Up Dog Rooter[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=3][B] Bomantankz[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?518497-Are-you-ready-to-be-sectioned"][I]Are you ready to be sectioned?[/I][/URL][/SIZE]
    ------------------------
    [URL="http://www.dd-asylum.info"][COLOR=#ffa500]www.dd-asylum.info[/COLOR][/URL]

I kinda missed out on last night, but I sorely need to get my rep up to get key gear. Once I get access to that, I'll be out more often. Pretty sure that the map'll be all red by the time I log in tonight, however.

For a designated place for 1v1, I suggest the top of the hill to the north of TR. It's a traditional spot for it and would be easily recognized by someone who originated on another server like myself.

So far I've enjoyed my time on Dwarrowdelf. Fights taking place all across the map are much appreciate, it's a nice to not be stuck in one area all night. My hat's off to the 7,000 warden side of the OC/WTab skirmish, some great fights going on there.

Would be nice though to keep a keep creep side for more then five mins...my mapless self is getting tired with all the running
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000015bb40/01002/signature.png]Fethryth[/charsig]

Promoted/Defiler/Arkenstone
    Coppa/Warg/Dwarrowdelf

Well tbh the keeps only went freep in the last couple of days ..... before that was all creep pretty much all the time so nice to see them getting some time in the sun.

@Chaco: hahaha! Oh man, you have not made any fans tonight, homie.

I had fun, but I can't say at all for the others. I know in fact that a few from tonight are upset at ya.

need... keeps.... must work... on maps..... guggugggg
    Biological - Weaver - Dwarrowdelf
    Gruxxor - Reaver - Immortals
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0821600000006f722/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have been going there a bit lately and trying to get out there more and more. Had a run in with u chaco on your warg lst night:P But anyhow im trying to get more Freeps going there but im still 53 but Keep up the fun guys.

I can see where it is now becoming a game of numbers. Being a mainly F2P server, there's very few subscribers compared to the number of F2Pers. Last night, we freeps got slaughtered. And now, the entire map of the Ettenmoors is red. Kinda makes all the effort we put into turning those keeps blue moot. Hopefully, when Turbine gives F2P access to the Moors, this will change. Until then, I believe that I'll be respawning back in GV quite often.

. Until then, I believe that I'll be respawning back in GV quite often.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, expecially when they dont stop ganging up on 1 creep 40 versus 1, even though they promised that wouldn't do that ****, OH well moors sucks on that server cause creeps from all servers came there and its quite ridiculous casue the time it takes to get a creep to level 65 is no where near hitting a level 65 freep, getting good armour, weapons, potions etc. to actually survive in the moors. Oh and the sad thing is, there are a lot of those that are starting the game with a new account, getting to level 10 or something a little higher, and now gonig into the moors on creep side getting easy points and kills.... The sad thing is, I dont give a **** about your freeps on the other server. How about you make one here, come on get to 65, get gear weapons and such and maybe when you jump back on your creep he will be as tough as your freep and maybe better. But too bad, there is no maximum limit on creep side... If there was, that would be great... Exceeding over 40 sucks expecially with the 80 65s on this server and less than half being VIP....
    I guess we have to deal with this stuff till the creeps keep their promises about NPCs and battle field fights or till we can get enough 65s in the moors. Don't tell me you who are going to tell me, "Just wait, its a new server." Dont worry I have heard it all, and no offense it is bull **** right now, i know it will take time, but the number of creeps on one side is quite ridiculous for the 10-12 65s that go in the moors in one day
    And the level 50-61s that go on (exceeds maybe 20 of those) But eh who cares
    Creeps are farming rank off of their alts so they can immediately not suck (even though it doesnt make sense because this is a free to play server). Oh well Like I said, im Tired of hiding in my NPCs soloing or going against about 20 other creeps, greenies or not warleaders can heal better than defilers for a boost...
    Please do not respond a quote to this, I dont want **** about any of it.. Trust me I know it all, 3 years in the moors...
    Goodluck Toa, you have a fine time in the moors you good sir :P

It's a bit much to say "listen to what I have to say, but don't respond to it".

I'm gathering there is some anger over the recent arrival of the pariah creeps....well if you guys talk with us there's no reason we won't work with you. The turning of the map red was honestly to get DP more then anything else; we've all got about two and when you're a paper thin rank 1 getting skills takes a priority. We know how much it sucks to rez at GV, its much better when theres more places for the freeps to rez.

Yeah there was some freep rolling last night, but I also got steam rolled, and today we got rolled as well. We've also had some pretty even fights...I dont think it's all that one sided.

And yeah, as much as you don't want to hear it it IS still a new server and people are still learning. I know we've benefited from things that people are or aren't doing, but I know I actually wouldn't mind teaching people how to kill me better.

Shockingly enough were even leveling some freeps....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000015bb40/01002/signature.png]Fethryth[/charsig]

Promoted/Defiler/Arkenstone
    Coppa/Warg/Dwarrowdelf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast