We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to fight with Strider in jailbreak!

In jailbreak in my first 2 minutes I'm supposed to fight with Strider to train for fighting and I can't fight with him. What am I doing or not doing?

Re: How to fight with Strider in jailbreak!

Never mind. Got it!

amazing how well these forums help out.

welcome to middle earth!
    Fallenhalo lvl75 hunter / Dropdee lvl 75 mini /Takeheart lvl70 captain / Strykingshot lvl 75 champ

Eatininchina warg / Youkilledkenny BA

How do you fight him? Im stuck on this too...

Select him by left-clicking on him and use your skill by pressing 1, 2 and 3 on your keyboard.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You can either fight by right-clicking on him, which does basic auto-attacks, or a mentioned above you can use the number keys associated with your combat skills (or click directly on the skill on your hotbar) to make special attacks.
    New Player? Check out this chart for Quest Pack access for different accounts/purchases. [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427692-LotRO-Account-Quest-Pack-Access-Chart&p=5778210#post5778210[/URL]

German version here: [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?429055-HdRO-chart[/URL]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000179b7/signature.png]Kualo[/charsig]

Help!

I cannot fight Strider. I have tried right clicking on him, left clicking, and 1,2,3. I only get invalid target each time I try to attck him. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

you probably need to advance the quest... if he has a ring over his head right click him and then click "continue quest"

also look at your quest tracker defaulted on the right side of the screen. it will say the name of the quest such as "introduction" or something like that and below it it will tell you what you need to do.

If I remember correctly (long time ago since I've done the introduction, I always skip it when rolling a new toon), you need to loot a bag and equip the weapons you find in it in order to fight Strider. Did you do that?
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

i have the same problem, and it won't let me click the burning ring

You can also try to check the quest description (to open the quest log, press L or click the ring icon in your shortcut bar down left, and then select the quest you're on - should only have one quest in new user tutorial). The quest description usually contains usefull information that you might have missed, which can be the clue to continueing/finishing the quest.

Good luck & have fun!

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by jackfate View Post
    i have the same problem, and it won't let me click the burning ring
    You generally don't click on the burning ring. You click on the character that the burning ring is hovering above. Let us know if that works for you.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Using keyboard shutcuts may give you better results (I know it does for me, esp after I've remapped them to keys that are more conveniently located.**)

by default...
    • o [F10] will "Select nearest NPC"*
      o the [Del] key will "Select nearest Item"
      o [u] will "Use current selection" (whatever is highlighted and listed at the moment)

(* NPC = "non-player character" - any "person" you meet in the game that is not run by a Lotro Player. This also sometimes includes "non-NPC quest givers", like Task Boards etc.)

So the only trick, then, is to have that NPC/Item you want to use to be the "closest", if several are available. Handy for getting quests, tagging quest goals, opening doors on the run, talking to Vault Keepers and Auctioneers, etc etc.

Also...

o pressing the [tab] key repeatedly will first select nearest foe, then cycle thru all foes in range.
    o pressing the [back] key will select the currently nearest foe (often hard to predict in a melee, so then use Tab as necessary)
    o [F9] will select nearest Player Character
    o the [\] key will select Self.

For full listing, see: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Commands

(** "Remap keys" is a sub-option under "options", [ctl + o]. For me, I bound "Select nearest Item" to [t] (for "thing"), and "Select nearest NPC" to [y] (for "hey You"), which are both conveniently next to [u] (Use). So for my rebound setup, a quick [t]+[u] or [y]+[u] gets the job done nicely. ymmv.)

Angry Nope

None of this works. He's an invalid target. Nothing is helping.

Between dumb &&&& like this and the Elf bull with trying to find someone miles away when the quest directs far north but the world map says they're far to the east, this is easily the glitchiest, most frustrating game I've ever tried to play. Unbelievable, and not worth the time and effort.

What are you stuck on? Trying to fight Strider? Are you sure you've equipped the gear that you found in that lootbag?

The map does point towards a wrong location sometimes, but there isn't much to find in the tutorial instances. If you can't find a way through, look for a door or something that you might be able to open. It's been a long time since I've done a tutorial run so I don't remember any specific details. If you want to, I can make a quick video from tutorial runs (either race) and put them on Youtube for you.

had the same problem myself stuck for hours on the first room
    I was closing down strider conversation box (will to fight)
    with the x in the corner not continue mission button
    and that was all

if you have a burning ring the quest obviously is ready to advance, rightclicking will open the dialog screen, selecting an opponent to fight with can be done with the tab key, other interactable items can be selected with the delete button...

HELP!

I dont know what im doing wrong but i can't seem to ''see'' strider and since i can't see him cant attack him so i cant progress, im in the first mission

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTheSecond View Post
    I dont know what im doing wrong but i can't seem to ''see'' strider and since i can't see him cant attack him so i cant progress, im in the first mission
    Are you using the Windows client or the Mac client? You may be experiencing a bug.

If you are using the Windows client, try changing your video settings to use DirectX 9. Some people have problems there.

If your machine does not have a dedicated video card -- which means you are using Intel Graphics that are built in to your CPU -- you may also have problems. Turbine claims not to support that type of configuration.

Hopefully this will help!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>