We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Moved Lotro to it's own Drive- How do you get it to pull the plugin data?

I moved my lotro folder from C: to a 32gb USB 3.0 Thumb drive (slightly cheaper than a SSD drive).
    I tried creating a my documents/lotro folder on the drive (which is now F) and even
    putting the plugins in their own folder and in the lotro folder, but it still seems like
    something is missing, ie, lotro finding the plugins/vice versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    [B][I][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/I][/B]

Re: Moved Lotro to it's own Drive- How do you get it to pull the plugin data?

The documents has to be in the normal "My Documents" folder. You can't just copy it to a new drive easily. You can move it of course with some tweaking, but then it will affect EVERYTHING that wants to go to My Documents, not just Lord of the Rings. This makes it a bit of a pain to try and put everything on an external drive that's used on multiple computers.

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor

Easiest way to do this is to go ahead and put lotro itself on the thumb drive, but keep the plugins (and anything in the "my documents" section) on the main drive in the my documents - lord of the rings online, folder

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins

and

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData

for example.
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

I am a little curious about how plugins will be affected when I move my LOTRO folder to my new Vertex 2 SSD when it arrives in a couple of days. If I leave the plugins where they are at in the My Documents folder, everything will continue working as normal correct?

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor

should indeed, as the My documents folder has YOUR personalized information, where the general game info will be on the new SSD. (I envy you your SSD )

**remember you will need to reinstall at least the original to the SSD, in order for the game and registry to know where to look for it, but once that is done you can simply copy the rest of the C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online files over to the new SSD at the appropriate location. (faster than trying to redownload/update the game online)
    Last edited by Pdt_the_Confused; Dec 30 2010 at 01:49 AM.
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Pdt_the_Confused View Post
    Easiest way to do this is to go ahead and put lotro itself on the thumb drive, but keep the plugins (and anything in the "my documents" section) on the main drive in the my documents - lord of the rings online, folder

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins

and

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData

for example.
    And for those of you who haven't been living under a rock for the past 4 years (yes I'm kidding Pdt ), that would be:

C:\Users\****\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins

and

C:\Users\****\Documents\The Lord of The Rings Online\PluginData

for those of you with Vista or Windows 7

Also, it's worth mentioning that there are really only two reasons to actually install it - the first, and main one is in case they release a pre-patch like the one they did a while back, and don't allow you to pick your LotRO folder. The second is merely a matter of convenience, as it will add a shortcut to your start menu/game menu/desktop.

That being said, the game will work 100% perfectly if you just copy over the folder, and create a desktop/start menu shortcut to TurbineLauncher.exe The only thing it uses the registry for is as a way of detecting you have the game installed - if they ever release another pre-patch, and don't find it necessary to allow you to pick the folder.
    Last edited by Digital_Utopia; Mar 18 2011 at 07:49 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]