We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lottery Winners List Suggestion - Limit the list by age of win

I have been playing the lotteries and sinning since they began. I have over 200 wins that have to be loaded every time I go to enter new lotteries.

My proposal is simple: let us set a switch to either Show All Wins -OR- Show Only Last 2/4 Weeks Winners.

This by itself would cut out the load time for the lottery widget by more than 1/2 for a lot of players.

Re: Lottery Winners List Suggestion - Limit the list by age of win

Ok, I checked my win count by copying the winner list to a spreadsheet and then deleting the dates and names of the lotteries. It seems I underestimated my wins in the original post by about 1/3.

My spreadsheet showed that I had actually won over 500 lotteries in the old lottery system before it was closed down for the start of FTP.

I have since won at least 100 more times and would really like to speed up the load time by cutting out a large portion of my lottery win list. I know the site is listed as Beta, and therefore we have to expect it to take forever to load anything, but anything that allows us to limit the displayed data is a good thing for us and for the site.

I love the game. I love the lotteries. I hate the amount of time it takes to load the various parts of the web site.

Re: Lottery Winners List Suggestion - Limit the list by age of win

Also, it was too many winnings that broke the lottery for me late last summer. Couldn't enter lotteries for over a month, and then they ended before anything was fixed. I am very concerned this will happen again. It may have happened again too, for I am now getting only the white screen of death when I load the http://my.lotro.com/home/lottery page while logged in.