We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[Plugin] Daily Tasks database and item tracker

Daily Tasks has a database of all known Task Bulletin Boards and the Tasks that they contain. It can not only list these, but can also check your inventory for trophy items and show which items can be turned in to complete tasks.

You can also list which trophy items can't be used and can check on individual trophy items. You can even display which items in your inventory can be used by a player of a specified level.

Download from: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=498
    Last edited by VincentAC; Feb 26 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: New version

Re: [Plugin] Daily Tasks database and item tracker

Error message:

Unable to resolve package "MyPlugins.DailyTasks.DT_Main" .
    Unable to load "DailyTasks".

i am hereby requesting you and your whole team pull all-nighters until this bug is fixed and and v1.01 hotfix is released with my hobbits name in the patch notes.

seriously though, this would be awesome if it worked but it wont for me. thanks for trying!

Wink Re: [Plugin] Daily Tasks database and item tracker

It isn't a bug. Your problem is that you don't have it installed in the right folder path. Check the ReadMe file and make sure that you put it in the folder as described in the install instructions.

On closer inspection, the readme makes passing reference to requiring the creation of a folder named Plugins/Turbine. Strange. Not many things require the creation of an empty folder. From this clue and from google I have learned that there exist copies of a Turbine library published for beta LOTRO available for download from third party sites. For a first-time plugin user, I would have to categorize this as being NOT OBVIOUS.

Trying to make it work again now. Pls work pls work...

P.S. You should link required libs in your readme!

Actually, a folder named Plugins/Turbine was required in beta, but isn't any longer, so I should remove the reference to it. I'm back from visiting family now and hope to release an update this week.

Also, the readme suggests creating "My Plugins" when "MyPlugins" is correct.

I have it working now, thanks for this!

Red face Updated version

I've released version 1.1 of Daily Tasks, which adds a reputation indicator and makes minor corrections (mostly improves install instructions). I copied files from the wrong computer, so the corrected version is now 1.1.1
    Last edited by VincentAC; Dec 29 2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: updated

Wow, excellent, was just about to reply to this thread asking about rep info, thanks a ton for making this!

EDIT: You might consider sticking this up on http://www.lotrointerface.com/ as you'll have a central place for it to be downloaded etc, might get to a wider audience too!

EDIT2: nevermind, saw you have it up there, adding to favourites
    Last edited by Murben; Dec 29 2010 at 12:43 AM.

Updated version

I've released version 1.2 of Daily Tasks, which adds a help command and a command to toggle tracking of new trophy items. There are also minor corrections (see update list for details).

Thumbs up Re: [Plugin] Daily Tasks database and item tracker

I've released version 1.3 of Daily Tasks, which adds the basics of a window with buttons for commands. This is still in development, but I'm opening it up to play with and get ideas. There are also minor corrections (see update list for details).

...gs Online\Plugins\MyPlugins\Daily Tasks\DT_Window.lua:5: Unable to resolve package "Turbine.UI.Extensions".
    ...ings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins\Daily Tasks\DT_Main.lua:5: Failed to import package "MyPlugins.DailyTasks.DT_Windo w".
    Unable to load "dailytasks".
    This doesn't look like the error reported above due to improper installation. I extracted it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins so that all looks OK and it seems to be reading the LUA file, just that its not able to resolve some package? Should I have something else installed?

edit: Ok, I don't believe that this is my error. I just installed the PluginManager plugin http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...inManager.html and it works. When I run PluginManager, it displays "Daily Tasks by David Down", but I can't load DailyTasks using that manager or by the /plugins load dailytasks command, I get the above error either way.
    Last edited by Szul; Jan 13 2011 at 06:59 AM.

Works fine for me. I also use the plugin manager. I have Daily Tasks installed like so on Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins

Inside the MyPlugins folder is the DailyTasks folder and DailyTasks.plugin file. The plugin is working fine.
    Last edited by Ignotus; Jan 13 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    Works fine for me. I also use the plugin manager. I have Daily Tasks installed like so on Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins

Inside the MyPlugins folder is the DailyTasks folder and DailyTasks.plugin file. There isn't anything wrong with the plugin.
    That's exactly where I have it installed, so like I said, its not an improper installation issue.

If you read the error that I posted, its actually able to read and parse the LUA files, but line 5 from DT_Window.lua reads:
    Code:
    import "Turbine.UI.Extensions"
    and for some reason that I am not understanding atm, its not finding the Turbine.UI.Extensions to import.

Alright, figured it out.

Version 1.1 works. It does not have the new Window stuff.

Both versions 1.2 and 1.3 fail with my reported error. The problem appears to be with the new window code, which was said to be "under development", its failing to load the Turbine.UI.Extensions package.

Do you have the Turbine and TurbinePlugins directories? I think those had to be installed separately in the past, but they might be automatically installed now for everyone, I don't know. They may not even be required for this plugin, I don't know about that either. Just stabbing in the dark.

I've got the folders:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\TurbinePlugins

For reference, the 1.3 version with the window code is working fine on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    Do you have the Turbine and TurbinePlugins directories? I think those had to be installed separately in the past, but they might be automatically installed now for everyone, I don't know. They may not even be required for this plugin, I don't know about that either. Just stabbing in the dark.

I've got the folders:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\TurbinePlugins

For reference, the 1.3 version with the window code is working fine on my system.
    LOL good stabbing, you hit it dead on.

I did some digging, found the error reported with another plugin, downloaded their "fix" for it, and saw that they included the C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine files with their installation. Once I installed that folder, I was able to load this plugin without any errors or problems.

So you are correct that it is not a problem with the plugin and I was correct that its not a problem with installation... the problem is that BY DEFAULT, we do not have those Turbine folders installed.. He'll need to include those external files with his installation package, because no one will have those installed unless they've installed another Plugin that came packaged with them.

Thanks for verifying this for me, I was just coming to report my findings and I am glad to see that's the fix!

Missing Item: Task: Wet Skin - Breeland

EDITED: Nevermind. I just realized that I was a victim of the "new item in inventory" bug. I discovered that after I'd relogged to another toon and back again. I'll have to remember that in the future.

I have to say, this is a VERY useful plugin, thank you for making it.
    Last edited by Szul; Jan 14 2011 at 08:56 AM.

Smile Version 1.4

I've upload the latest version that fixes the latest bugs and adds menu buttons to the DT window. Now you can run most of the normal commands from the window instead of the command line.

A note on the folder structure required for this, as it is different to the others I have and may be causing confusion.

The author folder for this must be created and called "MyPlugins", then the zip contents put into it.

e.g. my path to the readme is:
    My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins\DailyTasks\ReadMe.rtf

Normally the author uses their name (if they create multiple plugins), or the plugin name. I'm sure "MyPlugins" makes sense to the author but not so much for the rest of us!

It would be simpler if the zip file contained a folder called VincentPlugins (or similar), with the current zip contents inside that, and then the installation instructions would be to drop this whole folder into the Plugins folder.
    Last edited by slack_n_hash; Jan 17 2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Added suggestion.
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/duvi/"]Duvi[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038e43/01000/signature.png]Duvi[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Vastin[/COLOR][/B]: [I]"But whenever we take feedback on most game systems, such as character builds, economics, or [/I]especially[i] anything to do with PvP, then we are forced to read very carefully between the lines of any and all player feedback, as it is all inevitably skewed by self-investment, self-interest, and a deeply subjective viewpoint that increases in direct proportion to how long or successfully a player has occupied a particular role."[/I]

ty ty after following the instructions under version 1.4 i got the plug in to work

Super Awesome!

Thanks so much!

Smile Version 1.6

I've fixed a defect and have added support for listing which of your alternate characters can use an item. For details on enhancements, see the Updates and ReadMe files.

Wink Version 1.7

A couple more fixes and a couple more enhancements to make sorting trophies easier. See the update list and ReadMe file for details.

Great tool - I use it heaps! The new filters are an excellent addition, and I love being able to move items to a specific bag.
    Last edited by slack_n_hash; Jan 29 2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Just found "move to bag#"
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/duvi/"]Duvi[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038e43/01000/signature.png]Duvi[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Vastin[/COLOR][/B]: [I]"But whenever we take feedback on most game systems, such as character builds, economics, or [/I]especially[i] anything to do with PvP, then we are forced to read very carefully between the lines of any and all player feedback, as it is all inevitably skewed by self-investment, self-interest, and a deeply subjective viewpoint that increases in direct proportion to how long or successfully a player has occupied a particular role."[/I]

Does this have the ability to exclude certain types of tasks? For instance, I have no interest in any tasks that don't have a reputation reward and would like it to classify items with only those type of tasks as "junk". Similarly, someone who is already kindred with a particular faction is no longer going to be interested in rep for that faction, and is likely to want to exclude those tasks.

[Edit:] It would also be nice to exclude tasks that are below the level of my lowest alt. (The description mentioned being able to see what's useful at a specified level, but with lots of alts, I'd rather just exclude the stuff that's too low for any of them.)

This sounds like a really nice plugin. Thanks for creating it. I've been using the wiki page so far, but it gets cumbersome to cross-reference that for every item I collect.
    Last edited by Niwashi; Feb 22 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast