We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CZE, Europe
    Posts
    1,736

    What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Despite having played for almost three years I haven't actually been to "vanilla" Helegrod and now that it's changed some things were lost. Elrond handed me a quest to slay four servants though the objectives only list three, so that's one that is completely gone.

    From what I understand the four are a similar kind of emissaries that Amarthiel has sent from Annúminas to persuade Kergrim, Gauredain and Tomb-robbers to join her cause.
    I've been to the three wings and I partly understand what was the task of the Servants - Grisgart went for dragons, pretty simple and we killed him. Adhargal went to the Giants and didn't end up so well. Now Breosal went to the spiders but what actually happened to her? After we've killed Zaudrû the quest for killing the servants updated but I have no idea how or why Breosal died. And then there is the fourth servant, what was his task?
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval


    As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reniannen View Post
    Despite having played for almost three years I haven't actually been to "vanilla" Helegrod and now that it's changed some things were lost. Elrond handed me a quest to slay four servants though the objectives only list three, so that's one that is completely gone.

    From what I understand the four are a similar kind of emissaries that Amarthiel has sent from Annúminas to persuade Kergrim, Gauredain and Tomb-robbers to join her cause.
    I've been to the three wings and I partly understand what was the task of the Servants - Grisgart went for dragons, pretty simple and we killed him. Adhargal went to the Giants and didn't end up so well. Now Breosal went to the spiders but what actually happened to her? After we've killed Zaudrû the quest for killing the servants updated but I have no idea how or why Breosal died. And then there is the fourth servant, what was his task?
    Breosal, I believe, is eaten by Zaudrû (though I'd have to check with JWBarry to be sure that is maintained). The fourth servant is Drugoth the Deathmonger, who is in the fourth wing (the raid) trying to bring Thorog back under his control.

  3. #3

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    The fourth servant is Ansach.

    He used to be the only that you could slay when you entered the "arena" where you fight Thorog.

    Has for Breosal, she gets slain by Zhaudru.

    The Servant Four are as follows: Fierce Adhargal, Cruel Grisgart, Staunch Ansach, and Unyielding Breosal.

    So...since when has Drugoth become a member of the Servant Four?

    While they are allied, the Gaunt-Lord is not of the Servant Four.

    Has to the goal of the Servant Four, it was to keep the evils of Helegrod under control.
    [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][B][I]-[/I][/B][B][I] Edheluilas : [/I][/B][I] 68[/I][I] Champion [/I][B][I]- Edheluila : [/I][/B][I]7[/I][I]5 Hunter[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Ceolhem : 7[/I][/B][I]5 Burglar[/I][B][I] -[/I][I] Dwormurin [/I][I]: 65[/I][/B][I] Guardian[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Andryella : [/I][/B][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2]55 Loremaster[/SIZE] -[B]Darkwill :[/B] 65 Captain[/I][/FONT][I]
    Members of Insurrection[SIZE=1]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000041707/01000/signature.png]Ceolhem[/charsig][/SIZE][/I]
    [/CENTER]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,614

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialdemons View Post
    The fourth servant is Ansach.

    He used to be the only that you could slay when you entered the "arena" where you fight Thorog.

    Has for Breosal, she gets slain by Zhaudru.

    The Servant Four are as follows: Fierce Adhargal, Cruel Grisgart, Staunch Ansach, and Unyielding Breosal.

    So...since when has Drugoth become a member of the Servant Four?

    While they are allied, the Gaunt-Lord is not of the Servant Four.

    Has to the goal of the Servant Four, it was to keep the evils of Helegrod under control.
    Poor Ansach... forgotten even by the devs.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialdemons View Post
    The fourth servant is Ansach.

    He used to be the only that you could slay when you entered the "arena" where you fight Thorog.

    Has for Breosal, she gets slain by Zhaudru.

    The Servant Four are as follows: Fierce Adhargal, Cruel Grisgart, Staunch Ansach, and Unyielding Breosal.

    So...since when has Drugoth become a member of the Servant Four?

    While they are allied, the Gaunt-Lord is not of the Servant Four.

    Has to the goal of the Servant Four, it was to keep the evils of Helegrod under control.
    I make no claim to being intimately familiar with Helegrod, beyond basic background lore. Yeah, I forgot Ansach. Ignore me.

  6. #6

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    Poor Ansach... forgotten even by the devs.
    I guess that's why our Slayer of Servant Four title got changed to Slayer of Servant Three...
    [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][B][I]-[/I][/B][B][I] Edheluilas : [/I][/B][I] 68[/I][I] Champion [/I][B][I]- Edheluila : [/I][/B][I]7[/I][I]5 Hunter[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Ceolhem : 7[/I][/B][I]5 Burglar[/I][B][I] -[/I][I] Dwormurin [/I][I]: 65[/I][/B][I] Guardian[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Andryella : [/I][/B][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2]55 Loremaster[/SIZE] -[B]Darkwill :[/B] 65 Captain[/I][/FONT][I]
    Members of Insurrection[SIZE=1]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000041707/01000/signature.png]Ceolhem[/charsig][/SIZE][/I]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    WTB Ansach in the bear section of Helegrod: Dragon Wing just before Coldbear, pst.
    .www.themeaningofhaste.net/
    Lorthag, R6 Uruk Warleader - The Meaning of Hate
    "The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die." -- Graalx2

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Berephon View Post
    I make no claim to being intimately familiar with Helegrod, beyond basic background lore. Yeah, I forgot Ansach. Ignore me.
    If our resident lore-monkey didn't work on Helegrod story beyond background lore, who did? How did they disappear? Why the Ansach cover up? my immersion is compromised...i'z a sad panda
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000f60e2/signature.png]Jaylaxel[/charsig]
    Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 85 Champ | [COLOR=Red]Aedush[/COLOR] - R4 Stalker
    [/CENTER]

  9. #9

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Clearly Ansach took a much needed vacation to Far Harad.

    While he was there, some Black Numenoreans sank his battleship.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,462

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by aleczander View Post
    If our resident lore-monkey didn't work on Helegrod story beyond background lore, who did? How did they disappear?
    I did! And as for Ansach, well... I don't remember. I'll see if I can look it up, though.

    MoL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    13,420

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    At the risk of sounding like a gullible rube: did they really change the player title or are you pulling our legs? ^^
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Isn't Falstad dead?

  13. #13

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    The story starts with Angmar needing a larger army so they have their gaunt lords go about Eriador to raise the dead and make them part of their forces. Ivar is sent to resurrect Skorgrim so they can control the Dourhands, Thadur is sent to resurrect Samborg to control the Cardolan army buried in the barrows, and Drugoth is send to resurrect Thorog so they have a powerful beast to be allied with them.

    In book 5 you find out that one of the Nazgul is up to something in the Helegrod treasury where Thorog's remains are. Upon entering you find the Nazgul there instructing Drugoth to resurrect Thorog. Since you interrupted them, the resurrection goes wrong and Drugoth doesn't have complete control of the wight dragon. The dragon then flies off to the top of Helegrod. Drugoth escapes while your team fights the Nazgul.

    Elrond then sends you to go finish off Thorog. Upon entering the courtyard, you see the servants four with a bunch of other men of Angmar. I'm assuming they're all there because the other Angmarians were going to be sacrified to get control of Thorog but your raid has interrupted them before even getting started. After killing one of the servants and the other Angmarians, the 3 remaining servants flee to the strongholds of the other creatures living in Helegrod, who have allied with Angmar. I'm assuming that the servants were tasked with getting these 3 different groups that lived in Helegrod to ally with them so they could peacefully perform their sacrifices and not get attacked by them.

    As for the servants getting killed, heres what i think happens. Adhargal gets the giants to ally with angmar for whatever reason, but when the boss giant sees that his clan has been killed by your raid, he's mad at Adhargal for bringing the raid. So the boss giant kills Grisgart for this. As for Breosal, she had the spiders help her try to kill your raid. The raid having killed most of the brood, the boss spider takes to the fight but eats Breosal for strength, like how she eats her own for strength. Grisgart gets the drakes to ally with angmar since angmar is bring back their big boss, Thorog. So they fight together for a common cause. Interestingly though, when you kill Grisgart he has spirits come out, making it seem he was a wight all along.

    With all the Angmarians dead, Drugoth has no sacrifices left to get control of Thorog. He makes the ultimate sacrifice and gives himself to Thorog.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,420

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyph View Post
    The story starts with Angmar needing a larger army so they have their gaunt lords go about Eriador to raise the dead and make them part of their forces. Ivar is sent to resurrect Skorgrim so they can control the Dourhands, Thadur is sent to resurrect Samborg to control the Cardolan army buried in the barrows, and Drugoth is send to resurrect Thorog so they have a powerful beast to be allied with them.

    In book 5 you find out that one of the Nazgul is up to something in the Helegrod treasury where Thorog's remains are. Upon entering you find the Nazgul there instructing Drugoth to resurrect Thorog. Since you interrupted them, the resurrection goes wrong and Drugoth doesn't have complete control of the wight dragon. The dragon then flies off to the top of Helegrod. Drugoth escapes while your team fights the Nazgul.

    Elrond then sends you to go finish off Thorog. Upon entering the courtyard, you see the servants four with a bunch of other men of Angmar. I'm assuming they're all there because the other Angmarians were going to be sacrified to get control of Thorog but your raid has interrupted them before even getting started. After killing one of the servants and the other Angmarians, the 3 remaining servants flee to the strongholds of the other creatures living in Helegrod, who have allied with Angmar. I'm assuming that the servants were tasked with getting these 3 different groups that lived in Helegrod to ally with them so they could peacefully perform their sacrifices and not get attacked by them.

    As for the servants getting killed, heres what i think happens. Adhargal gets the giants to ally with angmar for whatever reason, but when the boss giant sees that his clan has been killed by your raid, he's mad at Adhargal for bringing the raid. So the boss giant kills Grisgart for this. As for Breosal, she had the spiders help her try to kill your raid. The raid having killed most of the brood, the boss spider takes to the fight but eats Breosal for strength, like how she eats her own for strength. Grisgart gets the drakes to ally with angmar since angmar is bring back their big boss, Thorog. So they fight together for a common cause. Interestingly though, when you kill Grisgart he has spirits come out, making it seem he was a wight all along.

    With all the Angmarians dead, Drugoth has no sacrifices left to get control of Thorog. He makes the ultimate sacrifice and gives himself to Thorog.
    Sounds about right, but as for the Gaunt Lords SoA-era, you also forgot Ferndur, who was to raise the dead of Imlad Balchorth in Angmar. Currently there's a small lair raid for him in the center part of it, which can be a little fun, 3 mannable by level 65s. There's also a fifth Gaunt lord, who was just revealed to us (forget his name though, did the quest about 2 months ago) in Enedwaith's Lich Bluffs, who is raising the dead there. Supposedly, the next instance cluster's main raid is based on him in Enedwaith, probably that big castle that we currently can't get in but can see the dead walking around behind its gates. I'm wondering also what the regular instances are going to be... if these old gaunt lords will come back or if just direct minions of this last one will be the bosses. I mean, if MoL wants to tease us with a little hint or something it couldn't hurt but...
    Last edited by Spacmanbobr; Dec 15 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000277914/signature.png]Toiletwater[/charsig]
    [COLOR=GREEN]Spacemanbobr, Sithmanbobr[/COLOR], [COLOR=RED]Toiletwater, Spacemandef[/COLOR]

  15. #15

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a gullible rube: did they really change the player title or are you pulling our legs? ^^
    Yes, the title was changed to "Slayer of Servants Three"

    ... And I still want my "The Venomous" title back.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

  16. #16

    Re: What's the story behind the Servants Four?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I did! And as for Ansach, well... I don't remember. I'll see if I can look it up, though.

    MoL
    Nice. It'd be sweet if he can be added back in some way. Bobion's idea is awesome too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a gullible rube: did they really change the player title or are you pulling our legs? ^^
    Hehe, I'm not that cruel. See answer below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    Yes, the title was changed to "Slayer of Servants Three"

    ... And I still want my "The Venomous" title back.
    This x ∞

    And I still want "Hatchery Raider" back too.
    [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][B][I]-[/I][/B][B][I] Edheluilas : [/I][/B][I] 68[/I][I] Champion [/I][B][I]- Edheluila : [/I][/B][I]7[/I][I]5 Hunter[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Ceolhem : 7[/I][/B][I]5 Burglar[/I][B][I] -[/I][I] Dwormurin [/I][I]: 65[/I][/B][I] Guardian[/I][B][I] - [/I][I]Andryella : [/I][/B][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2]55 Loremaster[/SIZE] -[B]Darkwill :[/B] 65 Captain[/I][/FONT][I]
    Members of Insurrection[SIZE=1]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000041707/01000/signature.png]Ceolhem[/charsig][/SIZE][/I]
    [/CENTER]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload