We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Player

New Player

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some things since i will be joining LOTRO once the download is ready.

I will become an Archer(Elf), but how is the gameplay as an Archer, are there any specific awesome things an archer can do?
    And since i am new, is there anyone even willing to help me out a bit with the game? and ofcource I am looking for a guild(Probably called different in the game), hope there are some friendly guilds/factions w/e who are willing to help a new player out.

PS: I'm not sure if it happens but i do roleplay a lot, a big fan of roleplaying archers/legolas.

Thank you for your time.

With kind regards,

GaleArcher.

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Hi, GaleTheArcher, welcome to Middle Earth and the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

They're called Hunters in LotRO and they boast (arguably) the highest single target DPS in the game. As for something awesome; they have a skill called "Guide to XXXX" which allows them to teleport themselves, and their whole party, to many places in Middle Earth in seconds. It's amazingly useful in a world the size of this one.

I can't help you with a Kinship (which is what Guilds are called here) and as to whether I can give you any help in-game depends on what server you create a character on.

If you're a fan of role-play, and I'm assuming from the time of your post that you're from the US, then I would very much recommend Landroval as a server that would suit you well. It's a - mainly - US role-play encouraged server with a very friendly population and a lot of player organised events.

I hope you have fun in the game and may your road go ever on.

Welcome to Middle Earth

Kin is the guild equivalent in Lotro, and depending on the server you choose (as noted, Landroval has the largest NA based RP community, but Laurelin also has a large RP community) different ones will be open to you.

If you want to join with a number of other folks starting the game, then try whatever the recommended server is when you first log in.

If you decide to start on Gladden, our kin, Rangers of the West is open to players of all levels and experience. We are a socially focused kin, but do group regularly. You can find out more at our kinsite.

This is a very fun game, and a welcoming community. Feel free to ask questions, and I hope you enjoy your sojourn in Middle Earth as much as I have.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by GaleTheArcher View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some things since i will be joining LOTRO once the download is ready.

I will become an Archer(Elf), but how is the gameplay as an Archer, are there any specific awesome things an archer can do?
    And since i am new, is there anyone even willing to help me out a bit with the game? and ofcource I am looking for a guild(Probably called different in the game), hope there are some friendly guilds/factions w/e who are willing to help a new player out.

PS: I'm not sure if it happens but i do roleplay a lot, a big fan of roleplaying archers/legolas.

Thank you for your time.

With kind regards,

GaleArcher.
    Like it was mentioned before they can port themselves just about everywhere. Also they have a nice passive run boost of 15% and can track any npc they want. they are supper usefull and cut down travel times alot. they also have this cool ability called.. well i dont remember what its called. but if you know your going to die you hit it and it quickly teleports you to the respawn area and you dont suffer equipment damage from defeat.

Desperate Flight

It's handy, if you remember where you put the button. I forgot and my poor little hunter headed to the rez circle before her time... *cries*
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    Kin is the guild equivalent in Lotro, and depending on the server you choose (as noted, Landroval has the largest NA based RP community, but Laurelin also has a large RP community) different ones will be open to you.

If you want to join with a number of other folks starting the game, then try whatever the recommended server is when you first log in.

If you decide to start on Gladden, our kin, Rangers of the West is open to players of all levels and experience. We are a socially focused kin, but do group regularly. You can find out more at our kinsite.

This is a very fun game, and a welcoming community. Feel free to ask questions, and I hope you enjoy your sojourn in Middle Earth as much as I have.
    Hello my dear friend,
    I have entered the server Gladden since you told me the Kinship you are in is welcome to any level players, i have created an account on the guildlaunch site and am going to finish the tutorial quickly so i can play with all of you asap.

With kind regards,

GaleTheArcher (IGN: Gailon)

Quote Originally Posted by GaleTheArcher View Post
    Hello my dear friend,
    I have entered the server Gladden since you told me the Kinship you are in is welcome to any level players, i have created an account on the guildlaunch site and am going to finish the tutorial quickly so i can play with all of you asap.

With kind regards,

GaleTheArcher (IGN: Gailon)
    And application approved. Once you get through the intro, we'll get you all settled in.

And application approved. Once you get through the intro, we'll get you all settled in.
    I have almost finished the intro, it should be done in 10-15 minutes max

The Intro has been finished, i am now just doing some simple quests, tell me when someone can get me into the kinship ^o^