We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question How much memory does LOTRO take? can someone help me out

Im wantin to know the memory or Hard drive space LOTRO takes to play

Re: How much memory does LOTRO take? can someone help me out

(I probably don't know what I'm talking about)

Hard Drive space: About 6 - 7Gigs
    Memory usage: at least 550M (while windowed mode), possibly more tho I've never seen it below this number when checking memory usage with task manager.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

http://www.lotro.com/support/downloa...m-requirements

Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent
    RAM: 512 MB
    Video: 64 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500
    Disk Space: 11 GB available
    DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c
    Optical Drive: 2x DVD-ROM
    Internet: 56kbps Modem

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent
    RAM: 1 GB
    Video: 128 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® FX 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X850
    Disk Space: 15 GB available
    DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c
    Optical Drive: 2x DVD-ROM
    Internet: Broadband DSL/Cable

If you are running below any of these requirements, you may encounter graphical issues or poor overall performance which Turbine will be unable to troubleshoot.
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

Its about 14 gb for the hi-res client. Not sure if you don't get the hi-res textures.

Lightbulb Re: How much memory does LOTRO take? can someone help me out

As far as I know(this is just an estimate), it takes about 14 GB for the files and another like 8-ish for the program...but don't rely on me as a good source, I may be wrong.

lotro requires about 14gb for highres game and arround 10gb for standard res game but you should allow for more space for patches and updates as well as about 25% free space for defragmenting your disk

for system ram lotro will just about run with 512 mb ram under windows XP or 1gb with windows7\vista but you would be advised to use 1gb minimum for XP and 2gb vista\w7
    Last edited by Finglonger_UK; Jan 03 2012 at 07:33 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Memory usage : ~1.5 to 2Gb

14Gb for the HD version[not updated, yet]
    10Gb for the SD version
    Last edited by entername; Jan 03 2012 at 08:40 AM.

I had trouble running the game under Windows XP with a 256 MB video card and 4 GBs of memory in my PC. One of the problems in my case, is having too much core memory. The game kept going beyond the 2 GB XP limit for an application. A 256 MB card did not have enough memory for level 75 raids. I could play raids but it was like smearing vaseline on my glasses. I had to lower the video so much.

I have a 1GB video adapater. 16 GB memory in my new Windows 7 machine. Lotro runs really sweet.

I can not imagine trying to play this game with a 64 MB card and 512 MB of memory under XP. That might have been possible in 2007 at launch solo play in The Shire. You never go to Dunland with that. Galtrev (Capital of Dunland), your PC will die.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jan 03 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Reading through this thread, I have to laugh when I think of the threads that say "Give me LotRO on my Iphone!"
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

You can run some of the game on XP with 1 gig of RAM, but it will be really limited - you'll probably need to keep your settings at ultra-low, and not group. That's from personal experience - it was the only machine I had to play on for several months, and it was miserable in a lot of ways. I could do a few three man instances, but that was about the limit, and even that was touch-and-go. 6 mans were near impossible, and 12-mans meant insta-freeze.

Whheydt says that he's had no problems using his old XP system with 2 gigs of RAM, so that may be possible.

If you've got a duo core with a 64 bit system and 2 gigs of RAM, plus discrete video, I don't think you'll run into many problems, either, though I'm inclined to say 4 gigs because of 12-mans, or skirmish raids, which are essentially 24-mans (your team plus their skirmish soldiers) - it's an older game, it doesn't need bleeding edge hardware.

Windows 10 enuff said
    Last edited by jakoblin; Jul 21 2015 at 08:05 PM.

The old System Requirements 7 years ago is outdate now. Turbine is gonna update it next expansion. I think the new Minimum System Requirements is the old Recommended.

My standard ver. of the game with all updates take about 12GB on disk. High res ver. with all updates about 17GB. You need at least 1-3 more GB free disk for it to work properly