We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vol II, Four Dwarves in Brackwater

Inside Brackwater, after discovering 3/4 dwarves, I reached a level with the dwarf Wethur, however, I cannot seem to reach the top of the waterfall, where the strongbox and supposedly the remaining 4th dwarf is. There are several passages which seem to deadend. With two of the interior passages, they seem to reverse and send one back into the area with plenty of cave lizards. Behind Wethur, there are some rocks which seem not too high, but I cannot jump over them. One cannot exit this area, because the passage that I came in on is now a reversing passage. It would be nice to accomplish this quest. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Re: Vol II, Four Dwarves in Brackwater

No help here but exactly the same problem!

I finally found it. It's one of the passages that ends on a shelf overlooking the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindorie2 View Post
    I finally found it. It's one of the passages that ends on a shelf overlooking the cave.
    Could someone be more specific about this please. I've spent 3 hours in this cave and am getting quite bored with this nonsense. I've looked online for maps or other ways to solve the quests, but there are none. I'm on the level with Wethur. Does anyone have any help for the Expedition 4 dwarves and for the strongbox?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000334976/signature.png]Kellymae[/charsig]

details....yes please...im stuck there now myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Halania View Post
    Could someone be more specific about this please. I've spent 3 hours in this cave and am getting quite bored with this nonsense. I've looked online for maps or other ways to solve the quests, but there are none. I'm on the level with Wethur. Does anyone have any help for the Expedition 4 dwarves and for the strongbox?
    Most of us do not remember. Last time I was in there was the the first week after Moria Launch. That was 3 years ago. All the characters after that point. I did the minimum - Epic Line. Left this instance. Many of my characters were 45 when they entered. There was nobody else in the instance. They were level 45 when they left. I entered Moria at 46. Hi all. Be back later.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

All I can tell you is when you are in that last large room, look for the passage that goes up, that is the correct one that will take you to the top of the waterfall. All the rest go down or horizontal.

Unfortunately I don't have a character at that level on Elendilmir or Landroval either one (the 2 servers I play on).
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The second passageway from Wethur's left leads up to a ledge. Make a sharp right turn there and you'll see another passageway leading up where the last dwarf is.

Yup - in agreement to previous post, heres a little more detail.
    When you pull up you map of the cave (on the level with Wethur) the tunnel leading to the ledge is in the bottom right corner.
    In reference to where Wethur is, if your standing where he is go strait and a bit left past all of the rocks directly in front of you. [The correct tunnel will appear to be conected to a tunnel directly left of Wethur (east)]
    Hope this helps!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000193994/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zalizi View Post
    Yup - in agreement to previous post, heres a little more detail.
    When you pull up you map of the cave (on the level with Wethur) the tunnel leading to the ledge is in the bottom right corner.
    In reference to where Wethur is, if your standing where he is go strait and a bit left past all of the rocks directly in front of you. [The correct tunnel will appear to be conected to a tunnel directly left of Wethur (east)]
    Hope this helps!
    yup worked like a charm... just face Wethur,the tunnel is on your right
    Deunan
    Human Guardian
    Master Journeyman MetalSmith
    Officer of "Storm of the Valar"

Besides the issues already noted, there is the problem that once you have completed the Book II.1, you can't go back into the instanced version of the Walls of Moria to check things or help someone else with it. The same problem is in place with the instanced versions of Mirkeaves (II.9 intro) and Tal Methedras (pre-/post-Depths of Isengard).

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Thanks also from me.

Yes, the passage is to Wethur's left (not to the left when facing him).

Map