We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    I dont have a credit card, so I plan to buy Ultimate game card to top up my points. How many points does the $20 and $50 card give? and do I get the bonus points?

  2. #2

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    You get what is on the card. The cards will have a base number of points. The may or may not have bonus points. Both of these quantities are on the card. Numbers pulled out of the air - 420 points. 60 bonus points.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    703

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You get what is on the card. The cards will have a base number of points. The may or may not have bonus points. Both of these quantities are on the card.
    they dont put TP on the points on the UGD



    I am not sure how many points you get from them but I know they are less then what you would get if your bought it directly from turbine because you are going through a 3rd party source.

  4. #4

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by CountHossula View Post
    they dont put TP on the points on the UGD
    The seller should have text that provides:
    1) base points
    2) bonus points

    for their card in their ad. You would expect this same information if you were buying a physical card from Amazon. It was going to be mailed to you. So that you could give it to a buddy for Christmas.

    A seller that does not provide this information for a game time card, game point card, minutes for a phone card. You should avoid the seller. You need this information to make an informed buying decision. Plus as a back up if something goes wonky later on.

    You would expect either a plastic card with the info printed on it. Or a receipt that has this information on it for your records.

    Why would any one buy a "pig in a poke" item? I do not buy unmarked boxes off shelves in a store.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    In general the game cards are for purchasing time ( 1 Month, 2 Month, etc.), time as in paying for a subscription. In LOTRO this would be for use on a VIP account.

    Point cards are for purchasing points and clearly list the number of points you get for the games.

    Ultimate game cards = time.

    Ultimate point cards = Points.

    Are you sure you are looking at the right card?

  6. #6

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    When you buy microsoft points or subs it works out cheaper buying it from a third party then it does directly from microsoft themselves.

    Who is to say you won't get a better deal from retailers given that trend? You might get 5000 Turbine Points for $40 if theres a sale on or maybe for $45.

    Thats why the OP is asking.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    703

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The seller should have text that provides:
    1) base points
    2) bonus points

    for their card in their ad. You would expect this same information if you were buying a physical card from Amazon. It was going to be mailed to you. So that you could give it to a buddy for Christmas.

    A seller that does not provide this information for a game time card, game point card, minutes for a phone card. You should avoid the seller. You need this information to make an informed buying decision. Plus as a back up if something goes wonky later on.

    You would expect either a plastic card with the info printed on it. Or a receipt that has this information on it for your records.

    Why would any one buy a "pig in a poke" item? I do not buy unmarked boxes off shelves in a store.

    Considering UGC work on over 1000 games (says so on their website) it would be a little difficult for the retailer to tell you how much points you get for each specific game.

  8. #8

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by WulfiamKnightstar View Post
    Who is to say you won't get a better deal from retailers given that trend?
    This will only occur for lotro when retailers sell 50 dollar cards for a discount. Perhaps 30 dollars. As long as they are charging face value. You are better off buying from Turbine.

    This is why the Moria retail box is such a good deal from places like Amazon. Amazon is selling the box for 10 dollars. Instead of the face value of 30? dollars.

    This discount situation occurs when:

    1) The producer makes too many items. This is one of the reasons for digital products. There is no stock. You make product in the exact quantity to fill orders. Microsoft traditionally produces way more stuff than they can ever sell. Microsoft discounts the price to the retailers to get rid of the product. Microsoft does not want to shred them.

    2) A retailer buys more physical product than they can sell. They sell it at a loss to get rid of it.

    3) A retailer dies. The corpse is picked over. Some gets very cheap product. They sell at a deep discount. They getting tidy profit. They only paid 5 dollars for each 50 dollar card.

    4) Microsoft and number of other companies go for this shot in the foot. A Microsoft corporate account executive needs to book x number of dollars in sales to resellers each month. Failure is no bonus. May be no more job.

    They will talk to a company. I want you to buy some game cards. Ok we will take a hundred. Enn I am not going to make my quota this way. How about 1,000 cards for this price? I can not move 1,000 50 dollars cards in a reasonable time frame. I can sell them for 40 dollars each. If you lower the per card price to nn dollars. Deal. Yay. I get to keep my job for another month.

    5) Add other reasons. I listed the four that I have encountered most in my life.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Dec 05 2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  9. #9

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Thanks for the replies. I found offgamers are selling the UGC but they dont state the amount of tps given.

    http://www.offgamers.com/advanced_se...=lotro&sort=2a

    Has anyone bought these UGC before?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    341

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    I was wondering the same thing. From searching this site, here's how I understand it.

    You get the card.

    You redeem it on "PayByCash".

    Use "PayByCash" to make your purchase on LOTRO (Similar to PayPal).

    So.. It will depend on the value of the card.

    Dave

  11. #11

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    You redeem it on "PayByCash".
    I'm not expert, but I believe that is how it ~used~ to work before FTP (though ironically the links and pages for old subscription fees are still active).

    If you go to the lotro store and buy points you will see two options: "Buy more points" (for which CC/Paypal are the only options) and "Redeem Points card" (for which Ultimate Game Card is one of 3 valid options).

    Of course that doesnt answer the original question of "how many points do you get". I believe the answer is 1300 from a $20 card:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...us-LOTRO-store
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Turbine-points
    Last edited by TheSunsAnvil; Jan 02 2011 at 01:24 PM.

  12. #12

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Sorry to say this but an Ultimate Game Card doesn't give you TP. It gives you game time. You cannot redeem UGC for Turbine points.

    "Ultimate Game cards can be redeemed with PayByCash for LOTRO Game cards. These can be used on an account that already has a purchased product key or upgrade." (quoted from a Dev from a different thread)

    If you want to buy TP that has to be done through the Lotro store or you can buy a Turbine Points Card. Those are available at WalMart, target and Game Stop. You can call one or all of them for prices and details.

    TP cards will have the price listed on the top right hand corner and beneath that will be the amount of TP you get.
    Last edited by Warriorpoetex75; Jun 14 2011 at 09:14 AM.

  13. #13

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorpoetex75 View Post
    Sorry to say this but an Ultimate Game Card doesn't give you TP. It gives you game time. You cannot redeem UGC for Turbine points.

    "Ultimate Game cards can be redeemed with PayByCash for LOTRO Game cards. These can be used on an account that already has a purchased product key or upgrade." (quoted from a Dev from a different thread)

    If you want to buy TP that has to be done through the Lotro store or you can buy a Turbine Points Card. Those are available at WalMart, target and Game Stop. You can call one or all of them for prices and details.

    TP cards will have the price listed on the top right hand corner and beneath that will be the amount of TP you get.
    Well opening the lotro POINT store it specifically has a option checkbox for UGC when you click "REDEEM CARD NOW" for point cards.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000020799/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    68

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorpoetex75 View Post
    Sorry to say this but an Ultimate Game Card doesn't give you TP. It gives you game time. You cannot redeem UGC for Turbine points.
    Sorry, but you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jewellg View Post
    Well opening the lotro POINT store it specifically has a option checkbox for UGC when you click "REDEEM CARD NOW" for point cards.
    Correct. I bought a UGC with offgamers, redeemed it and received a confirmation letter:
    Order Total: US $20.00
    Turbine Points Purchased:1300
    and 1300 turbine points, of course=)

  15. #15

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    is it not easier to buy the LOTRO cards from walmart and gamestop that way you know your getting or we talking about the Europe player base here ?

  16. #16

    Re: How many turbine points does Ultimate game card give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    is it not easier to buy the LOTRO cards from walmart and gamestop that way you know your getting or we talking about the Europe player base here ?
    The poster before you is Russian Federation. Depending on where he lives in Russia that is going to Europe or Asia.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload