We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stuck leveling as a free to play

I'm a level 28 Lore master, been questing in Lone Lands and I can't find anymore quests...what do i do other than repeat skirmishes, grind for TP, etc because once when I'm done with all that, where do i go to level still with quests?

Whats the next f2p area and what lvl? I don't know what to do...

Re: Stuck leveling as a free to play

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell233 View Post
    I'm a level 28 Lore master, been questing in Lone Lands and I can't find anymore quests...what do i do other than repeat skirmishes, grind for TP, etc because once when I'm done with all that, where do i go to level still with quests?

North Downs, specifically, Esteldin, though as an f2p you'll have to buy the quest pack for that area.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

So I HAVE TO somehow get North Downs? I only got 80 TP

Well - you can buy some Turbine Points. Then you can buy the quest pack with them. And the money goes to support the game and develop more content.

You may have to go back into the free areas and start grinding deeds if you don't want to buy points. But that's pretty much it, or go progress your epic quest line.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

They just added the task system on Monday. You can do tasks all over the world up to level 53 without owning the quest packs that the tasks are in.

You could make an alt and grind more TP, but the best thing to do is just spend some money and buy the quest packs.
    [CENTER][CENTER]
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=2][I]"I'll keep the Ring full of sorrow
    I'll keep the Ring till I die"[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    They just added the task system on Monday. You can do tasks all over the world up to level 53 without owning the quest packs that the tasks are in.
    Meh. Tasks seems to just be another way to encourage cash shop use. You can do 5 a day, which seem to give about 1/4 the amount of XP you'd get from a quest that level. (I guess, at least on my 40-ish characters I get 1100-1200 xp, while a quest generally gives me 4,000 or so)

They really only seem to be good to get rep. 1500 a day isn't bad.

Anyway, to the OP, that's sort of the catch to the game.

Since you are a lore-master, you can sort of AFK level. I did this on my captain, but also works on a lore-master. Basically do Siege of Gondamon, park your character next to Mathi (behind him) and set your pet to aggressive.

Mathi does most the work, but your pet will help, so you get pretty much the same xp as you would doing it the regular way.

It doesn't always work, some LTs are tougher than others (Trolls usually) and can overwhelm him, but probably 90% of the time it does.

I've been doing that from the LL (25th) to 44th level because although I am a VIP, I just hate that part of the game. And I also earned enough skirmish marks to buy kindred rep with Rivendell and got a rep horse (and should be able to easily get a elf super horse later on, as Rivendell is the hard one to get rep with).

So I would suggest try that and start an alt.

So I HAVE TO somehow get North Downs? I only got 80 TP
    Talk your parents into a gamecard or subscription for Christmas?

I'm confused as to how you are only 28 and completely done with the Lone Lands......the GA quests and the like don't even start until 30 or something i thought ? isn't GA level 32 ?

Did you do the quests with the Earth kin and all the quests down in the Harloeg area ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000089282/signature.png]Ingrathir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by chetdawg30 View Post
    I'm confused as to how you are only 28 and completely done with the Lone Lands......the GA quests and the like don't even start until 30 or something i thought ? isn't GA level 32 ?
    He probably did the easy solo one time quests. There is plenty of XP to get at if you do the group content like Great Barrows.

Basically all the F2P games work the same way. You have unlimited access to part of the game. Eventually you reach the end of the "free". Now you got to unlock more content, gear, capability ... Most of them require - insert dollar(s) please. This game is very gracious. You can choose to avoid the dollar insertion. Instead trade lots of time to earn the points to buy unlocks. What a deal - you get to unlock the game by playing the game. You are going to be hard pressed to find another high quality online game that has this level of built in unlock capability that is not dollar funded.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Dec 04 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Pay money.
    "The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage." -Patience
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    He probably did the easy solo one time quests. There is plenty of XP to get at if you do the group content like Great Barrows.

Basically all the F2P games work the same way. You have unlimited access to part of the game. Eventually you reach the end of the "free". Now you got to unlock more content, gear, capability ... Most of them require - insert dollar(s) please. This game is very gracious. You can choose to avoid the dollar insertion. Instead trade lots of time to earn the points to buy unlocks. What a deal - you get to unlock the game by playing the game. You are going to be hard pressed to find another high quality online game that has this level of built in unlock capability that is not dollar funded.

QFT.

Of the F2P games I play, LOTRO is the most generous. In the other two games I play there is no option at all for earning points inside the game. The ONLY way to progress beyond the free areas is to pay real world cash.

So while I sympathize with those who are stuck, I realize that they at least have options to earn TP in this game without spending cash. It could be worse.

for your level no, after lonelands, for ftp players you'd want to get evendim. and go grind out the TP, its easy for teh starter zones considering you only have to kill like 30 mobs per slayers deeds. higher level zones reqquire you to kill 150+ mobs each.

what does it cost to go to a movie --> $12 maybe for 2 hours entertainment

for that you can get a couple of quest packs and have many more hours fun

next time points are on sale I recommend that you buy some, and then when the quests are on sale buy them

80 points?

You've either bought lots of fluff, or you haven't done anything to earn TP.

If you haven't earnt many, hit shift-L and check out your deed log.

Check what is near completion. Finish them.

I've earnt nearly 1000TP between 2 chars.

I've got 500 TP at the moment. I bought Lonelands (Before it was free) on special at 25% off, and also bought Ever-Swim on special (75%).

I've got another 10 or so deeds nearing completion. (Inc Eglain rep advancement).

Lots of TP out there.

Wait til quest packs go on sale and PURCHASE. (I recommend 50% off sales for Quest Packs).

Good luck. Have fun..

Dave
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000185787/signature.png]Aydrianna[/charsig]

Lulz. Welcome to "free" to play, otherwise known as, "nickle and dime you to death unless you subscribe" to play, otherwise known as "enjoy killing monsters for fifty levels unless you pay" to play.

Honestly, I think your only real options are to do skirmishes and grind out achievements to accumulate some Turbine Points and buy some new quest packs.......or pay for them. Free to play is most definitely a misnomer.

There are tons of TP to be made in 4 Starter areas (Lone Lands included), so unless you've spend them all already, you can earn enough to unlock the next quest pack. Shift+L to open deed log and finish all class, racial and reputation deeds you can. Also finish all the deeds in the 4 zones you have access to; if you have never been to Shire or Ered Luin - go and finish all the quest and deeds there. There will give you little to no XP, but the TP rewards alone will be worth it.

If you've already earned the TP beside the 80 you have now, that is only your fault. You can now either start another character and repeat the process all over again with the focus on deeds this time, or to buy TP with real money.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Those starter area deeds with no XP are also good for virtues, which if you haven't done many deeds you will be severely lacking in anyway.

How quickly are you blowing through content? I only ask because I'm currently leveling an RK from scratch along with 2 other players (3 fellow group from level 1) and we haven't even started Lone Lands yet and we're all level 22. As I remember from my previous characters there was a lot more leveling in the Lone Lands besides just 6 levels. Either you're blowing through content (skipping a lot), you missed available content, or you're only soloing and ignoring group content.

The Lone Lands has quests that are level 30-35 so I would think that you're missing something along the way.
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/fringe"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000080fb2/01008/signature.png]Mundt[/charsig][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/faefaer/"]FAEFAER[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ithros/"]ITHROS[/URL] ... [/SIZE][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/mundt"]MUNDT[/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/naonna/"]NAONNA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/piercella"]PIERCELLA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/zahira"]ZAHIRA[/URL] ... [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/zinomis"]ZINOMIS[/URL][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

If you need more TP, I suggest going to alternate lowbie zones to grind deeds. I'm F2P and have done that to great success.

My 33 Hunter is Race of Man and so he started out in Breeland. I just recently finished grinding slayer deeds in the Shire for around 90-100 TP. Super easy since the mobs for those deeds are like lvl 10?? One-shots...

Next I'll head to Ered Luin (sorry for spelling?? - where the dwarves start) and do the same thing. Super easy to complete deeds, so it's basically like free TP if you spend the 30 minutes or so. Heck, my hunter has accumulated around 500+ TP alone (and I bought the riding skill and LL quest pack). I can be done.

Just try leveling an alt maybe to the same level. You'll get more TP that way, and can enjoy another class.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000002faf1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You are far better off just paying the 10 dollars a month subscription fee, rather than spending time grinding for Turbine points. You'll have complete access to the entire game, and you won't have anymore walls or restrictions. Instead of wasting money buying TP, just pay the subscription. It's well worth it!
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][B]But when dark things come from the houseless hills, or creep from sunless woods, they fly from us. What roads would any dare to tread, what safety would there be in quiet lands, or in the homes of simple men at night, if the Dunedain were asleep, or were all gone into the grave?[/B] - [I]Aragorn, at the Council of Elrond[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

if you don't mind grinding for TP then just do any unfinished deeds you may have and also you say that you're lvl 28 and finished ALL of Lone Lands? unless you had a fellowship for every 30+ lvl quest that there is in Lone Lands i highly doubt that's true you may have missed a few quests. If you have grinding TP then you either pay a subscription ($10 or $15 a month i think) or buy TP with real money. I'm f2p and i've been grinding TP and so far i've bought 2 quest packs (can't say i bought LL now since it's free -.-) and the riding skill on the 2 toons that i use the most (have 3 right now).

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy131 View Post
    You are far better off just paying the 10 dollars a month subscription fee, rather than spending time grinding for Turbine points. You'll have complete access to the entire game, and you won't have anymore walls or restrictions. Instead of wasting money buying TP, just pay the subscription. It's well worth it!
    ^this
    But issue is I think he just wants "free"
    [CENTER][CENTER]
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=2][I]"I'll keep the Ring full of sorrow
    I'll keep the Ring till I die"[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

how the hell do you only have 80 tp at that level?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003e9a1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]