We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Pet carousel

Pet carousel

Is there any chance of an update to the pet carousel? With all the new LM pets just released it would be extremely handy. I have searched the forums with no luck and lotrointerface.com shows no updates since September. I would have a go at this but am a complete nub
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c9b44/signature.png]Fauxpas[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Pet carousel

This doesn't have the new pet appearances, but at least it works.

It also allows you to scroll both ways!

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info489.html

Quote Originally Posted by Deusdictum_stresstest View Post
    This doesn't have the new pet appearances, but at least it works.

It also allows you to scroll both ways!

Loremasters everywhere thank you profusely.
    +rep.
    Thanks.
    Feadel Morauko
    Brotherhood of Crimson Knights
    "Peace must prevail, even if the wicked must die." - Jasmine Boreal

It'd be great to see someone take this and make it possible to just drop skills into it and save the data. I like the carousel look, but I don't like modifying the Lua to add more skills.

I was working on a version that did that, but a) I suck at programming, and b) I just don't have time right now with work.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can add/modify the Lua to get drag and drop functionality to this plugin? I'm thinking just setting the center quickslot to allowdrop=true and still have the carousel function. Please!?
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Schreik View Post
    It'd be great to see someone take this and make it possible to just drop skills into it and save the data. I like the carousel look, but I don't like modifying the Lua to add more skills.

I was working on a version that did that, but a) I suck at programming, and b) I just don't have time right now with work.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can add/modify the Lua to get drag and drop functionality to this plugin? I'm thinking just setting the center quickslot to allowdrop=true and still have the carousel function. Please!?
    In theory.... you should be able to have it use quick slots in place of the skills.... the trick would be saving the array that they're stored in.... assuming that the author used an array for the carousel...

Granted, I haven't looked at the code for it yet.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

The new version of KragenBars includes LoreMaster and It has a pet multi with appearances. You can set which appearances you want to show up in the setup window. You scroll the quickslot to change pets and alt-scroll to cycle through the appearances you have enabled for that pet. If you don't wish to use all the other bars their are options to turn them off so it could be used just for the pet slot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000aab79/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    kragenwar / krali / monkis / aldared / gorthawn
    Leader of [color=green][b]Dagor Dagorath[/b][/color]

I haven't tried Kragen Bars yet, I might though. I downloaded and unpacked Kragen Slots the other day and it broke my plugin manager for some reason, haven't bothered to fix it yet.

I really mostly want the carousel for mounts. I like the idea of being able to place my mounts in a carousel and be able to cycle through them with the mouse, and then right click to get to my goats. Problem is that previous versions (and my half-assed attempt at Mount Carousel) require you to edit the data in the Lua to add more, and you need to know the Hex Codes for each...it's a pain in the butt.

I've also tried Wheel by Imez, which works pretty well, but again, I like the look of a carousel with multiple quickslot windows, but suck at interpreting other people's code (since everyone writes Lua a bit differently) to modify it for my wants.

In theory it should be relatively simple for someone that knows more about Lua coding, since Imez allows you to drag and drop skills into a quickslot, which are then saved in table. This allows (I would imagine) a nearly infinite number of quickslots to be cycled through, which is what I want for my mounts since I have a quite a lot. I've looked at code for quite a few mods over the last few months, and have successfully made minor changes, but this is something I just haven't been able to get working (because, again I suck at coding LOL) and my last build that I created won't even load properly and I'm not sure why, so I've pretty much rage-quit for the time being.

This is the part of the code that all the pets are configured on the carousel:

"petdata[0] = "0x70003EB5"; -- Raven
    petdata[1] = "0x70003EB8"; -- Bear
    petdata[2] = "0x7000B8D3"; -- Lynx
    petdata[3] = "0x70000FB2"; -- Eagle
    petdata[4] = "0x7000F530"; -- Saber Tooth
    petdata[5] = "0x7000F54D"; -- Bog Guardian

petqs = { };

for i = 0, 5 do"

If we can find the hex code for all the new pets, I could add to the code and test it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000017ee4b/01008/signature.png]Chatotorix[/charsig]

This thread in the LM forums has the data you probably need---
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-new-pet-skins

Unfortunately I found this after I removed my Lua program to install AutoCad and Revit which I need for school or I would have tried it. If anyone get this working please let us know.
    Feadel Morauko

I was checking, and even without any changes, the plugin does not work.
    So what i can guess is that turbine changed the API and now the setshortcut has to be handled in a different way.

So here are what it has to be done in order to make it work:

1) Discover what part of the code is discontinued for a new function of something like that

2) Add the new pet hex codes

3) maybe discover someway to control what are the pets on the carousel (by setup or by checking the user current skills)

Rafael.

Here is the hex codes btw (thanks to Feadel):

petdata[0] = "0x70003EB5"; --Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A63"; --Blood Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A60"; --Mottledwing Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A62"; --Frost Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A5F"; --Storm Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A5D"; --Weathered Raven
    petdata[0] = "0x70003EB8"; --Friend of Bears (Bear)
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A6E"; --Black Bear
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A6C"; --Polar Bear
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A65"; --Wildpaw Bear
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A69"; --Tundra Bear Cub
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A68"; --Blackpaw Bear
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A66"; --Weathered Bear
    petdata[0] = "0x7000B8D3"; --Lynxspeech (Lynx)
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A73"; --Spotted Lynx
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A7A"; --Onyx Lynx
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A74"; --Tundra Lynx
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A75"; --Grey Lynx
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A79"; --Mountain Lynx
    petdata[0] = "0x70000FB2"; --Eaglefriend (Eagle)
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A7E"; --Ashen Eagle
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A80"; --Snowcrest Eagle
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A84"; --Ember Eagle
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A82"; --Tundra Eagle
    petdata[0] = "0x7000F530"; --Friend of Feline Hunters (Saber Tooth)
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A8D"; --Dusky Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A89"; --Spotted Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A8F"; --Grey Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A8B"; --Deepwood Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A8A"; --Striped Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A87"; --Onyx Sabercat
    petdata[0] = "0x7000F54D"; --Naturefriend (Bog Guardian)
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A93"; --Swamp Guardian
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A95"; --Mountain Guardian
    petdata[0] = "0x70024A91"; --Tundra Guardian
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000017ee4b/01008/signature.png]Chatotorix[/charsig]

Hex codes are great, but kind of a pain to edit the Lua each time something new gets added, or you want to modify your quickslots on the carousel.

I still think that if someone could figure out how to allow skills to be dragged into the quickslot on the carousel, and it saved that data, that would be great, and multi-purpose as you could use it for other skills. My specific interest is mounts.

With a little effort and testing I got this working with some of the new pets. There are a couple of places you have to change numbers.
    This line
    petqs[i]:SetShortcut( Turbine.UI.Lotro.Shortcut( 6.0, petdata[i] ) );
    is NOT one of them.
    You want to fins these lines
    if (cosmeticpet == false) then

qs1 = (qs1 + modifier) % 21;
    qs2 = (qs2 + modifier) % 21;
    qs3 = (qs3 + modifier) % 21;
    and change the number to the total number of pets (35 if you put in all of them).

I did get an invalid shortcut error when testing the full data so I think one of the pet codes might be incorrect, but I have not yet verified that.
    Otherwise the thread I referenced above (and below)
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-new-pet-skins
    gives good directions for updating the file. Be sure you use the one at this link
    which works as is. The original posted by Paulino has not been updated yet.
    Feadel Morauko

Any looking to make any improvements to this? I like the concept, but it would be so much more useful if you could drop in the skills yourself.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000014a2c4/01002/signature.png]Wunder[/charsig]

Now I can comment on this forums I'd just like to say thanks to the people who provided the long list of pet skill names.

I don't do Lua but with that list I could mangle the code so my pet carousel now

Stick the long list of pets in to the plugin and commented out the ones I don't have
    used table.maxn(cosmeticpetdata) and table.maxn(petdata) rather than the hard coded values in the check mentioned above so I can just uncomment the pet from the long list to add pets with no other changes.
    Stopped the right mouse click from summoning the pet i.e. it just changes between combat & cosmetic

It may not be fancy but it works for me