We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1

    Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    I suspect many of us have my problem, with just Eglain reputation standing between themselves and an Eriador mount. My reputation-toon finished the zone years ago before there was even an Eglain reputation. I see he's sitting at the beginning of friend status.

    What is the best way to go about maxing this thing out for those of us with this challenge? Please post your suggestions.

    So far I've found some repeatable quests at the forsaken Inn, just a couple.

    I also think I could park my max level archer herald in the middle of a goblin camp, attach a moving fan to my mouse, and go afk for a week and let her 2 shot me +8 rep every 20 seconds or so as the goblins respawn.

    Should I just go into nasty red icky Garth Agarwaen and solo/help low level groups run that place?

    What should we do? (Woe unto the low level people that need those goblin camps. All your goblins are belong to my archer herald!)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001580ae/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Be Excellent To Each Other

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grinding, somewhere.
    Posts
    2,822

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by GEARS1980 View Post
    I suspect many of us have my problem, with just Eglain reputation standing between themselves and an Eriador mount. My reputation-toon finished the zone years ago before there was even an Eglain reputation. I see he's sitting at the beginning of friend status.

    What is the best way to go about maxing this thing out for those of us with this challenge? Please post your suggestions.

    So far I've found some repeatable quests at the forsaken Inn, just a couple.

    I also think I could park my max level archer herald in the middle of a goblin camp, attach a moving fan to my mouse, and go afk for a week and let her 2 shot me +8 rep every 20 seconds or so as the goblins respawn.

    Should I just go into nasty red icky Garth Agarwaen and solo/help low level groups run that place?

    What should we do? (Woe unto the low level people that need those goblin camps. All your goblins are belong to my archer herald!)
    Don't forget the repeatable quests in Haoeleg (or however you spell it), that swamp to the south . There's a number of repeatable quests down there that give Eglain rep.
    [b][size=3][font=Georgia][color=#00FF33]IRISH-ROHIRRIM AIRLINES: FORTH, AER LINGUS!
    [/color][/font][/size][/b][font=arial][color=#ffffff]Macbeth - Level 75 Captain / Jinjur - Level 56 Warden / Sigismund - Level 64 Loremaster / [color=red][/color][/color][/font] [color=#33CCFF]- Arkenstone[/color]

  3. Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Just a small suggestion:

    The Amon Sul skirmish now grants rep
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    139

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    And now tasks should help.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Tasks are only available to on-level folks though, so for people in my situation at 65 and trying to fill in rep gaps, it's not going to help.

    As for me, I'm doing the Amon Sul daily as well as the crafting rep quests. It's not the best solution because it's expensive that way, but it's a heck of a lot better than killing hundreds of thousands of goblins.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,301

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Hmm, that's weird, Eglain was the second easiest for me to Kindred after Bree. Guess that's because of the Lone Lands revamp I heard about. Here are all options for Eglain rep:

    *Many quests from Lone Lands quest pack.
    *Epic story Volume 2.
    *3 repeatable bounty quests in Halroeg and 3 in Forsaken Inn. Each can be completed 3 times only.
    *Random killing of Orcs, Goblins, Undead, Half-Orcs etc. Gives so little rep it doesn't affect your standing in the slightest.
    *Garth Agarwen instances: each challenge completed awards 1,200 Rep or so I remember.
    *Daily quests in Stand on Amon Sul skirmish.
    *Tasks on 3 Lone Lands boards. Only available between 20 and 32 I believe.
    *Crafting quest - the most important part. Unlike other factions, there are quests for Tier 3 of each crafting profession. With enough materials and right vocation one can build a substantiational number of items to turn in. Also, some professions' criticals give you more copies of the item instead of improved version, which is even better. A level 65 should have no problem acquiring enough materials either through AH or alts and turning it into a bulkload of rep. items.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #7

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    *Crafting quest - the most important part. Unlike other factions, there are quests for Tier 3 of each crafting profession. With enough materials and right vocation one can build a substantiational number of items to turn in. Also, some professions' criticals give you more copies of the item instead of improved version, which is even better. A level 65 should have no problem acquiring enough materials either through AH or alts and turning it into a bulkload of rep. items.
    This is good news, for Every craft profession you say, where is this at please? Eglain rep is a real pain for people who cleared out that zone back in 2007. I don't feel like warspeech aoe'ing down 7000 goblins.
    [CENTER][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/valkyriesong/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320b000000021494/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url][/CENTER]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/valkyriesong/][CENTER]Valkyriesong[/CENTER][/url]

  8. #8

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantiaChlorus View Post
    This is good news, for Every craft profession you say, where is this at please? Eglain rep is a real pain for people who cleared out that zone back in 2007. I don't feel like warspeech aoe'ing down 7000 goblins.
    From Wiki:

    At Ost Guruth, a few steps from Frideric the Elder, Léoflac [31.4S, 29.5W] sells faction rewards. Here you can purchase pocket items for different classes and crafting requests to enhance the faction standing with the Eglain.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You purchase the work order from him, then fill it, and gain faction. Leoflac is North-east from Frideric. Standing next to the corner of the building with the bard and healer in it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Also, at 65, it should be doable to solo the Garth Agarwen instances (only tried on my Guardian though, so I don't know if it depends on your class), which in addition to rep from the mobs, will also give rep from the daily quests, and challenge modes. Doing the Arboretum also helps a bit with the Bog-Lurker deed.

    The Fortress might be tough with the twins at the beginning (was a thread about that just recently, actually), but other than that, I didn't find it too hard (Guardian, so your mileage may vary).

    It's funny how Eglain turned out, being added later than the others. On my main, who I thought pretty much finished in the Lone-Lands, I ended up at Friend standing when it was added. On my burglar, who I recently levelled through the area, I ended up a bit past Ally, before moving on to another area, thanks to the revamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khorgrim View Post
    At Ost Guruth, a few steps from Frideric the Elder, Léoflac [31.4S, 29.5W] sells faction rewards. Here you can purchase pocket items for different classes and crafting requests to enhance the faction standing with the Eglain.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You purchase the work order from him, then fill it, and gain faction. Leoflac is North-east from Frideric. Standing next to the corner of the building with the bard and healer in it.
    There's no cooldown on them, either. My burglar bought and finished 20 of those in a row for 14000 rep points (think it's 700 rep for each), and would have bought even more if I wasn't saving money.
    Last edited by Macfeast; Dec 01 2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

    ---


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantiaChlorus View Post
    This is good news, for Every craft profession you say, where is this at please? Eglain rep is a real pain for people who cleared out that zone back in 2007. I don't feel like warspeech aoe'ing down 7000 goblins.
    From the vendor with the reputation mark, just behind and to the right of Frideric as you enter Ost Guruth.

    You have to 'buy' the quest from him for 10S, then hand in those goods required. There is one for each 'crafting' profession, none for the gathering professions. I think it's Yew Fishing Rods for woodworker, sturdy leather bindings for tailor, Steel Prospectors Tools for metalsmith... not sure on the others.

  11. #11

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Crafting is the best. The one exception is Explorers, because the Tailor crafting quest seems frustratingly disproportionate in terms of rep per resource. I was lucky that I was also trying to level my Expert Tailor at the same time, so I could get craft XP from it as well.

    But for all other crafts, the crafting rep quests are easy. It's especially easy for cooks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    My metalsmith got through the entire Kindred level (prior to the update) solely on the crafting reputation quest. I tried doing quests but even at 65 it was too slow for my liking.

    ***Beward*** the critted version of the tool you make does not count...or at least it didn't when I did it. Find yourself a base crafting tool with no crafting bonus to minimize your crits. The vendor in Ost Guruth sells them, if I'm not mistaken.

  13. #13

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    I've been killing Grimbark and Ivar to gain rep. They give you 1200rep each and you also get a second quest which gives you 700 rep so you move up pretty quickly.

    Every wright you kill inside the instances gives you a little rep amount too

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    if you are f2p, just go to the reflecting pool in ost guruth and to the "retake weathertop instance" over and over, each orc in there gives you rep so you'll earn like 1k rep each time if you kill them all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,510

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantiaChlorus View Post
    This is good news, for Every craft profession you say, where is this at please? Eglain rep is a real pain for people who cleared out that zone back in 2007. I don't feel like warspeech aoe'ing down 7000 goblins.
    They're from the only Eglain rep vendor there is. Each rep "quest" costs 10S and gives 700 rep. Going from just barely Acquainted to Kindred will cost a bit over 1G, just for "quests". Not really a problem for a high-level character, but very annoying.

    --W. H. Heydt

    Old Used Programmer

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    I went to get the crafting quest just a few minutes ago, and the price was 21s and some copper, so be forewarned. That's for 700 rep, and mat cost will vary depending on what craft you use.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Just buy the profession quest from the barter vendor at Ost Guruth and create your profession item. My RK is scholar so he created minor foe-finders for bow... took a bunch and spent some time farming mats across the road from there. but worth it for 250HP mount. easiest one to get to kindred imo.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    They're from the only Eglain rep vendor there is. Each rep "quest" costs 10S and gives 700 rep. Going from just barely Acquainted to Kindred will cost a bit over 1G, just for "quests". Not really a problem for a high-level character, but very annoying.

    --W. H. Heydt

    Old Used Programmer
    Not to mention, any other costs for materials (cooks especially can lose a lot of money to this). There's also the annoyance-factor of having to talk to this guy over and over and over again

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    I went to get the crafting quest just a few minutes ago, and the price was 21s and some copper, so be forewarned. That's for 700 rep, and mat cost will vary depending on what craft you use.
    Did they raise the price? Last I checked (which was today, as I play on the EU servers), it costed 10 silver.
    Last edited by Macfeast; Dec 01 2010 at 06:28 PM.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

    ---


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    They're from the only Eglain rep vendor there is. Each rep "quest" costs 10S and gives 700 rep. Going from just barely Acquainted to Kindred will cost a bit over 1G, just for "quests". Not really a problem for a high-level character, but very annoying.
    It is quite the scam they've got going. I wish I could work out a way in real life to make people pay for the right to build and give me stuff I need!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by Macfeast View Post
    Did they raise the price? Last I checked (which was today, as I play on the EU servers), it costed 10 silver.
    What's your reputation with them? Is it possible you have the vendor discount and I don't?
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    What's your reputation with them? Is it possible you have the vendor discount and I don't?
    Ah yes, that's true. On every toon I have levelled through the Lone-Lands since the revamp, the quest have costed 10 silver, but that's after I've done every single quest there is before Ost Guruth; I probably haven't seen the base cost because I've always had the discount when I get there.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

    ---


  22. #22

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    I did GA: Arboretum and GA: Barrows (is that right?) over and over (lvl 65 guardian here). Couldn't do the Fortress because of those goddamned twins (I can kill red lady on hard). Got more than 3k per run, easily!

  23. #23

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    It's also worth noting that you can go find quests that were added in the LL revamp and do those for a good piece of rep. Crafting is faster, but as noted it can get pricey pretty quickly.

    Skip the public dungeon where the dwarves give you quests to kill Dourhands and Orcs, though. Those give Thorin's rep.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,438

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Like many others, I crafted my way from the middle of friend to kindred on my Hunter/Tailor. It took about 700 sturdy hides and a lot of crits making bindings. I already had most of the hides, so that wasn't a big deal. It took a large chunk of a Sunday morning, but it was fast.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000160bc4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    I hate the new Edit Signature functionality

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Eglain Lone Lands Rep: Post Suggestions for People Trying to Finish It

    Quote Originally Posted by Macfeast View Post
    Ah yes, that's true. On every toon I have levelled through the Lone-Lands since the revamp, the quest have costed 10 silver, but that's after I've done every single quest there is before Ost Guruth; I probably haven't seen the base cost because I've always had the discount when I get there.
    Okay, I just hit Ally. The price went from 21.60 to 20.52.

    Can someone else verify the craft quest price please? I think they raised it on this patch.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload