We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

December Coffee Thread!

Hey everyone!

I figured it was time to start a new thread. I'll try to make a new one on the first of everymonth (Apologies to our future-dwellers, Australia and NZ, I know it's the 2nd for you...).

Anyway!

This month is shaping up to be quite exciting already. Yesterday there was the big hullabaloo about the Steed of Night. Two people in Windriders of Rohan got it. I was thinking about getting it for my fire spec'd RK, Sriracha, but I didn't feel like trying to find a good orange/black outfit to match the horse. Especially since I spent all day the day before getting her a good white outfit and a black/blue outfit.

Also this Saturday is the first Windfola RP event! You should all come (except those of you who I know have prior arangements)! Thanks very much, GV, for the pipweed and Honeybrew for the event! It's funny thought that you sent that as just before I had made the exact same thing! Ah well, can never have to much beer and pipeweed, right?

On the note of The Finer Things, on the 11 of Dec, I will not be able to be at the event, so hopefully someone could take over on that day for me? Please

IRL, not much really. Attempting to get some seasonal work before I have to go back to uni in January. I still feel very strange being back in the States. I didn't really expect reverse culture shock to hit me this hard. I still feel like I'm in a strange kind of limbo.
    Last edited by Cithryth; Dec 01 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Need to specify 'Windriders of Rohan' as there is now a kin on Windy named Windriders!

Re: December Coffee Thread!

Thank you for keeping the Coffee Threads up, Cith.

I, too, received my Elf Ambassador Steed (though I wasn't the first in Treason to obtain one - honorable mention to Ranoros ) - could do without the flag flapping about my head whilst riding, but am entertained by adding yet another mount to the stable.

Glad I could help out, here's hoping the Finer Things in Life event is a success!

In game, Miss Ghraye is just about to hit kindred with the Malledhrim, after that she's determined to head off to Enedwaith to visit those other hobbitses.

In RL...well, the first real cold snap of the season is upon us. There are mutterings of snow next week, though I'd be surprised to see it, Georgia typically never sees snow until after New Year's.

Bundle up, everyone, winter is coming!

*sips coffee* I just got some new creamer. "Honey Vanilla Creme". Sooo tasty!

Not much has been going on for me really. I have one last rep grind to do on Cith to get the World Renown title/horse. And of course it is Algraig *dies* I cannot stand repeatable quests anymore.

I have also been very frustrated trying to fine good new outfits for my characters. I think I'm happy with what I've got... for the moment. But I can't wait til they update cosmetics as recent interviews have said they will. They've hinted at more cosmetic slots in the character journal and lots more cosmetics.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but it seems I'm also the featured player

Saw that, congratulations!

Congrats Cith - it was very cool to see your name in lights

RL - The holiday season is in full swing - the smell of baked goods wafting throughout the retail plazas, wet boots lining the wall by the door, 25 variations of the same Christmas carole (holds head) - and I still have yet to finish decorating my house. Ho ho ho

In Game - working on deeds, leveling my captain and waiting on the Yule Festival. Completing book quests that I missed on my main seems a never ending endeavor, but I am really enjoying how the story is playing out - and the background given....I really encourage everyone to take time out for the book quests.

Well, morning, all.

Feeling very grateful that I don't have to work today, apparently we played "Let it Snow" so many times on the PA system at work that God said, "Okay!" and took us up on it. Woke up to 18 degrees, screaming wind, and an inch or so of powdery snow on the ground. Extremely unusual for this part of the country to have such severe winter weather this early in December, this is more like mid-January stuff.

In game, had a very pleasant Saturday evening at the Finer Things in Life gathering at the Prancing Pony. Miss Ghraye has no musical talent herself, but she enjoyed dancing to the wonderful tunes provided by Cithryth, her kinmates, and the passers-by who joined us. I'm going to have to coax my musically inclined kinmates to come along next Saturday...this is an event that everyone can enjoy!

One week of these two stupid Grad classes left.

Two major projects due next week and then they are over and I get a month reprieve!

Hey guys and gals *sips Rootbeer because it's 9pm*.

Nice, Woossi! I'm glad that my semester ended earlier than it would have had I been in the northern hemisphere. Especially what with Minneapolis being completely covered in a blizzard and all that

I am very very eagerly awaiting the Yule Fest's arrival. I honestly have never been this excited about a festival before. I loved what I saw on Bullroarer and cannot wait to get into Winter-home! Especially now that there will be a lot of people around to do plays and snowball fights with!

Well I imagine everyone has been very busy with the Yule festival in-game and the holiday season in real life! I know I have.

Things are going well IRL. Starting to save up money to go back to NZ this summer. There's a Pacific Literature conference in late June I want to go to and of course I am so looking forward to attending XLAN in July!! (For those who don't want to sift through the link, it's basically a 800-1000 person LAN party. They have Guitar Hero, Star Craft, TF2, Left 4 Dead, etc etc)

In-game I have pretty much been doing tons of festival stuff. Finished the Honoured Yule Guest deed on two characters, which means I got both sets of cosmetics. I only wish they would add more wardrobe slots!

Also, the third Finer Things in Life went off last night. And I am so glad that it went well, as I wasn't there to see it unfortunately. Since this coming FTIL would be on Christmas, there probably won't be anyone to show up. I'll probably swing by though if I'm not busy. I love being in game on Christmas, because it's actually my LOTRO anniversary! So this Saturday I will have been playing for 3 whole years! Geez!

That's awesome, Cithryth! My own LOTRO anniversary was back in early December, I've been playing for three years as well.

In-game...well, I just haven't had much to do with Winter-home, don't particularly care for it. I've done enough of the regular Yule quests to get the Glittering Snow Steed for my burglar and warden, probably won't bother with much of anything beyond that. Miss Ghraye was attired in Yule finery for the FTIL gathering on Saturday, but for day-to-day activities I prefer her in her "work" cosmetics...plain grey cloak.

In RL, got a couple days off from work so I can finally get my Christmas tree up and do some proper housecleaning around here. There are rumors that our area will see a white Christmas this year, which would be great. The weather certainly has been the center of attention here of late...in the 22 years I've lived here I've never seen such severe cold, snow and ice before the middle of December. Makes me wonder what the rest of the winter has in store.