We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Euthanazia View Post
    When I try to access the links in the OP, I get whole screens of this:
    Short Answer: Right click on the link and select "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" and download it that way.

    Long Explanation: The MimeType on the server is set wrong for 7zip files, so browsers that strictly obey mimetypes (i.e. the content type the server claims it is), will display that garbage when you open the link- because the server is saying it's a text file.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    147

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    because the server is saying it's a text file.
    In fact, two possible situations:
    server does not say anything and client assumes it's "text/html" (by default)
    OR
    server does say it's "application/x-7z-compressed", but client does not understand this and falls back to default "text/html"...

    but anyway, just use "save target as..."

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    so I manually changed all the ".GetInstance" calls in my add-ons..and voila
    it's a shame there is no similar workaround/fix for the inventory add-ons

    no dev update yet?
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000f60e2/signature.png]Jaylaxel[/charsig]
    Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 85 Champ | [COLOR=Red]Aedush[/COLOR] - R4 Stalker
    [/CENTER]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    174

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    I, for one, am anxiously awaiting these corrections. I know it is in Beta but the Lua API should receive a lot more active attention (if it's not already) in my opinion. It's just that important to a lot of people's enjoyment of the game.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Hey Narrel!

    Any news?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    214

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Short Answer: Right click on the link and select "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" and download it that way.

    Long Explanation: The MimeType on the server is set wrong for 7zip files, so browsers that strictly obey mimetypes (i.e. the content type the server claims it is), will display that garbage when you open the link- because the server is saying it's a text file.

    I did this, it downloaded 89kb of info and is completely useless. Short Answer: these aren't worth the pain in **** to repair/patch everytime Turbine updates.

    Long Explanation: Thanks to all who use their time and knowledge to develop plug-ins, some of them are really spectacular. However, the snafus and dilligaf position of the parent company will prohibit me from trying many of your plugins, because quite simply, I don't have a lot of playtime, and I don't want to spend it trying to figure out why something is not WAI. Hell, I can't even get the LINKS in the original message to allow me to download the info I need to run your programs.../ack.

    Seriously though, you guys do some great work, I just wish someone could develop a plugin autopatcher. I don't have the knowledge or skillset, otherwise I wouldn't be navel gazing; I'd be trying to develop one.

  7. #32

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Euthanazia View Post
    I did this, it downloaded 89kb of info and is completely useless. Short Answer: these aren't worth the pain in **** to repair/patch everytime Turbine updates.

    Long Explanation: Thanks to all who use their time and knowledge to develop plug-ins, some of them are really spectacular. However, the snafus and dilligaf position of the parent company will prohibit me from trying many of your plugins, because quite simply, I don't have a lot of playtime, and I don't want to spend it trying to figure out why something is not WAI. Hell, I can't even get the LINKS in the original message to allow me to download the info I need to run your programs.../ack.

    Seriously though, you guys do some great work, I just wish someone could develop a plugin autopatcher. I don't have the knowledge or skillset, otherwise I wouldn't be navel gazing; I'd be trying to develop one.
    You also need to download 7-zip in order to extract that format (available here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Erobor View Post
    In fact, two possible situations:
    server does not say anything and client assumes it's "text/html" (by default)
    OR
    server does say it's "application/x-7z-compressed", but client does not understand this and falls back to default "text/html"...

    but anyway, just use "save target as..."
    Response headers show: "Content-Type text/plain; charset=UTF-8"

    Opera and Firefox pay attention to the headers, IE, Safari and Chrome apparently just go by the extension.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Response headers show: "Content-Type text/plain; charset=UTF-8"

    Opera and Firefox pay attention to the headers, IE, Safari and Chrome apparently just go by the extension.
    You mean code written by Microsoft (IE) and Apple (Webkit - what makes Safari and Chrome work) doesn't want to play nicely with the rest of us?

    Now there's a shocker....
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  9. #34

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    You mean code written by Microsoft (IE) and Apple (Webkit - what makes Safari and Chrome work) doesn't want to play nicely with the rest of us?

    Now there's a shocker....
    Yeah, I mean standards? who needs those? If every browser generated pages exactly the same, that would be way too boring.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    Firefox gives you the option to Save as... In the window under the file it says save as txt file, but you can change that to save as all files from the drop-down menu - then it will see the type of file it is and save it correctly. Worked for me. Thanks for all your hard work everyone!
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

  11. #36

    Re: Documentation and examples updated!

    It would REALLY be nice if this was brought up to date with Update 7. It would save hours of digging and searching for more information on the new/changed features.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    4,697
    So November 2010 was the last time the documentation was updated? Nothing new since then?
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    So November 2010 was the last time the documentation was updated? Nothing new since then?
    The latest docs are from Nov 20, 2013 when Helm's Deep was released. They can be found at lotrointerface.com at:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mentation.html

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    4,697
    Perhaps the original post in this thread should be updated: "Last edited by Narrel; Oct 19 2011 at 01:24 PM."
    Surely there have been changes since 2011?
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    Perhaps the original post in this thread should be updated: "Last edited by Narrel; Oct 19 2011 at 01:24 PM."
    Surely there have been changes since 2011?
    What you are seeing is a forum function that shows when the forum post itself was updated. You can find it in any updated post on the forum. It has nothing to do with the specific content of the post. Also only the original author or a forum admin can do that.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload