We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Brandywine No homes in Bree.....

Ok so what's the deal. I thought that when you ran out of a type of house to buy in all of the different housing districts that the system would create another township instance with a whole new set of houses. Now on Brandywine we've got available houses in bree, yeah but they're all Kinship houses. And no normal or deluxe houses are available. Is there something int he works to address this with the developers?

One thing that would be cool is if we could buy kinship houses for ourselves. I mean if you have the cash and the Kinship houses are available why not be allowed to buy them?

-Dan

Re: Brandywine No homes in Bree.....

You actually could if you rolled another toon and started a kinship with him... got it up to kinship rank 7 and bought the kinhouse... thats of course if you dont own any other kinhouses... but hey it's something

Agreed, I was annoyed when I first went to purchase a house. I relocated to Falathlorn, come join me in Haeroniach. 4 Waterbank Road is me

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little irritated. Wanted to upgrade to a deluxe in Bree, but nothing's available. It's gotten so bad that people are starting to offer up gold in chat for others to release their deluxe. I wasn't aware that normals weren't available either, that's lame. Turbine, please open up some new neighborhoods.

Wondering about this also as I too read that once housing was gone, more would be generated. Also wonder why is it that Bree seems to be preferred to the other areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea View Post
    Wondering about this also as I too read that once housing was gone, more would be generated. Also wonder why is it that Bree seems to be preferred to the other areas?
    Well - When I went to buy a house I judged on ease of travel and aesthetics.

For ease of travel the rankins where:
    1) thorins,
    2) MD
    3) Bree - not much difference between MD and bree on this count
    4) Elves.

For Aesthetics:
    1) Elves
    2) Bree
    3) MD the hobbit area was actually better then bree exept the low ceilings. Could not hand those.
    4) Thorins

I got a Delux in Thorins at first and loved the proxcimity to the Swift travel and the AH and Crafting. Over time as all my crafters hit supreme so I didn't have to run to craft every day and they all got horses and ports the travel became less of a concern and the gloomy atmosphere of living in a cave got to me.

So I moved to bree. I would have moved to the elf area but that commute is really just too much. It is not often I need run a toon from housing to bree for the AH or swift but when it happens I'm very thankful I'm not in the elf area. I even miss Thorins if I need make that run a couple times in a row.

Over all though I'm very pleased with my lot in bree. It is amazing to me that as little time as I spend in housing how much I appreciate the way my house in bree looks and feels compared to that dwarf place.

Makes me wish there was a reason for others to run by my house so they could see how nice it is. LOL.

If Turbine put Swift horse location inside each housing zone I'd pack my bags and move to the elf village. Failing that Bree is hands down the best housing zone.

If turbine raised the ceilings in Hobbit land I'd be tempted. Funny. I spend even less time inside my house then I do just running by. But that low cieling is too much. I always port home to repair. So I see the outside all the time. Port in run to the repair guy port out. Once in a blue moon I run in and put stuff in a chest or take it out, or see if I can find a blank spot to stick a trophy. Still that low ceiling. Just could not take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman99 View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to get a little irritated. Wanted to upgrade to a deluxe in Bree, but nothing's available. It's gotten so bad that people are starting to offer up gold in chat for others to release their deluxe. I wasn't aware that normals weren't available either, that's lame. Turbine, please open up some new neighborhoods.
    Somethings not working right. Been watching Bree for weeks now and 0 small or deluxe homes opening up. Now and then someone will let one of theirs go but Bree is the only area where it has been only kin homes. Anyone know why the other areas open up a new instance when there are no small or deluxe but not Bree?

Well, it has been at least 2 months and still not 1 small or deluxe home in Bree on Brandywine. Anyone know if that is normal??

Well, now it has been at least 2.5 months with no new standard or deluxe homes in Bree on Brandywine. Anyone have any ideas? Already turned it in as a bug. All other homesteads open up new homes when needed...

According to the response in my thread (separate issue but somewhat related) Brandywine has hit the absolute ceiling on number of instances allowed for housing. Presumably they didn't program a high enough limit. Hopefully it gets fixed for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen13 View Post
    According to the response in my thread (separate issue but somewhat related) Brandywine has hit the absolute ceiling on number of instances allowed for housing. Presumably they didn't program a high enough limit. Hopefully it gets fixed for you guys.
    The limit was set based on the pay to play model for the game perhaps 3 years ago. The instance limit was probably adequate six years. Unfortunately, Turbine went to F2P in September 2010. It did not take long to burn through all the remaining houses.

There has been no updates to the housing system in least two years. Hence the issues with "Bound to Account" decorations. I am sure Turbine will do something about it. It may take a while. Where while is months.

A simple instance limit increase is not going to solve the problem. It will give them a little bit of time to come up with a better solution.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Feb 05 2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Yes! Brandywine Bree homesteads has reached the max instances. There are 250 nieghborhoods. Personally I think it is time to start foreclosing for none payment of rent. Never understode why this game let people continue to own a home without paying the weekly fee.

The elf zone is getting close to max. About 50 instances left.

Landroval Bree homestead will probably be the next to hit Max instances. About 30 instances left.

I really do think housing will be much better if Turbine starts foreclosing. But failing to do that they need figure out how to spawn more neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    I really do think housing will be much better if Turbine starts foreclosing.
    I thought something like foreclosure was already in place since I assume that's a purpose of the Escrow NPCs ingame; loose home and items from it are moved over to Escrow vendor.

An irony is with another WB/Turbine MMO that has housing is Asheron's Call and if a player doesn't pay the upkeep the house and items within are all placed back on the market, and the next buyer will own not only the home but all items that the previous owner left behind at the time the house went back up for sale. Needless to say lapsing on rent in Asheron's Call isn't a good thing as you can risk losing a lot of valuables, which happened to me once. Hence my reason for assuming one would lose their home in LOTRO if they failed to pay upkeep and it would be placed back on the martket however the owner's items would be moved over to Escrow for the player to reacquire once payment is made on what was owed. This seems fair to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    If Turbine put Swift horse location inside each housing zone I'd pack my bags and move to the elf village. Failing that Bree is hands down the best housing zone.
    In my opinion since the stable masters within the major towns have a route to the homesteads then outside each homestead there should be a stable master with at least the route to return you back to the same town.

As to buying kin houses, my 3 friends and I own 3 kin houses. And 5 other houses, all in the same neighborhood. LOL we pretty much own the place! Now, if they only made houses more useful then just for storage...

~Rae
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002e220b/01006/signature.png]Raechal[/charsig]
    R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine (1970-2012)

My fiance and I are new players and encountered this issue. I filled out a ticket in game. The GM was void of personality and care, and informed me that he wouldn't escalate the issue and to fill out a "complaint" on the Turbine.com/support website. My fiance and I spent our evening before playing on Lotro-Wiki deciding on which house type in which neighborhood to purchase prior to playing. We were extremely upset after the hour long research to discover that not a single deluxe house existed in Bree on the Brandywine server. Not only that, but very limited housing existed in every neighborhood. The current system Turbine uses rewards players who aren't playing or paying them a dime and punishes new players that want to fall in love with the game. We were extremely upset regarding the situation, and even more upset to know after finding this thread and others that the issue has been going on for years. We pay monthly and are beginning to question what we are actually paying for. Most of the issues we have encountered the game up up till level 40 have been experienced by many people for years and haven't been resolved. I'm afraid I've already invested myself into a game whose owners doesn't seem to care about delivering a quality product, especially in this instance when the problem has persisted this long with multiple simple solutions (increase instance limit, evict year plus absentees, etc.)

Player housing, along with other Pve/roleplaying features, was a huge draw for my fiance. I realize this post is likely to draw the ire of others that like to down rate anyone with a legitimate complaint as a "QQer", but I think it is clear the community needs to take the stance that this needs resolution given the nature and duration of the problem.

After recently returning, the only shire housing available were smalls, so I bought one. However, every time I run out of my neighborhood, I check the broker for deluxes. BAM, one was available yesterday. Had to release my small to buy it, but got it. Didn't realize I'd get a refund of all payed up maintenance as well, BONUS

Quote Originally Posted by Asnabel View Post
    My fiance and I are new players and encountered this issue. I filled out a ticket in game. The GM was void of personality and care, and informed me that he wouldn't escalate the issue and to fill out a "complaint" on the Turbine.com/support website. My fiance and I spent our evening before playing on Lotro-Wiki deciding on which house type in which neighborhood to purchase prior to playing. We were extremely upset after the hour long research to discover that not a single deluxe house existed in Bree on the Brandywine server. Not only that, but very limited housing existed in every neighborhood. The current system Turbine uses rewards players who aren't playing or paying them a dime and punishes new players that want to fall in love with the game. We were extremely upset regarding the situation, and even more upset to know after finding this thread and others that the issue has been going on for years. We pay monthly and are beginning to question what we are actually paying for. Most of the issues we have encountered the game up up till level 40 have been experienced by many people for years and haven't been resolved. I'm afraid I've already invested myself into a game whose owners doesn't seem to care about delivering a quality product, especially in this instance when the problem has persisted this long with multiple simple solutions (increase instance limit, evict year plus absentees, etc.)

Player housing, along with other Pve/roleplaying features, was a huge draw for my fiance. I realize this post is likely to draw the ire of others that like to down rate anyone with a legitimate complaint as a "QQer", but I think it is clear the community needs to take the stance that this needs resolution given the nature and duration of the problem.
    I feel your pain -- why turbine does nothing about this is beyond me.

Three of the four houses zones on Brandywine are now at max neighborhoods. I immagine once the word gets out that no new neighborhoods will spawn in elf or hobbit as well as man, the dwarf neighborhoods will fill up with the folk patiently waiting.

You all need keep this issue before turbine by posting in

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ose-on-housing

This issue is over 2 years old? Wow. Losing interest in maintaining my new VIP subscription if this is how Turbine handles customer service. Hell, losing interest in playing with each day I look for a house in Bree and find NOTHING!

as of this moment, there are 0 standard or deluxe homes in Bree, 0 standard or deluxe homes in Shire, 0 deluxe homes in Falathlorn with a bunch of standard, and 10 deluxe and a lot of standard in Thorins. That is it, 10 deluxe homes available on the entire server (all in a single homestead), and standard homes only in 2 homesteads. several in my Kin are wanting to buy deluxe homes, and have been waiting for months for something to open up.

Please Turbine, can we just add some more neighborhoods? we at least need some short term solution while you guys figure out the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusthuffer View Post
    This issue is over 2 years old? Wow. Losing interest in maintaining my new VIP subscription if this is how Turbine handles customer service. Hell, losing interest in playing with each day I look for a house in Bree and find NOTHING!
    Turbine added new neighborhoods via a game update. The problem is that all the added homes are sold.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.