We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class items from Carn Dum & Urugarth

Hey all. I just wanted to gauge interest (in the potentially small sample size of people who check these forums) to see if folks were interested in running CD and Uru to get their class quest items. While its more than possible to grind skirmishes to get the 5720 marks you need for all 4 items, CD and Uru are fairly interesting instances to work through, and in my mind, a far more stimulating way to spend a couple of hours than by doing skirmishes alone.

Remember, these are both level 50, 6-man instances with multiple bosses so some time commitment should certainly be expected and definitely a high level of patience is required as folks figure out how their classes work in a group setting. I feel that many folks are hitting 50 and shooting straight off for Moria, leaving CD and Uru behind and its tough trying to gather a group together across multiple zones, even with GLFF and kinmates. Many people probably think its not worth it to do these instances anymore, but I’m happy to help folks out if they’re interested.

So PM me via the forums, send a tell in game (I’m usually on Essence), or reply to this post if you’re interested. I'm thinking this upcoming Saturday, November 27, as a potential first run-day. I may just end up creating another userchat channel rather than keep track of people exclusively through tells. But we’ll see, just depends on what interest there is. Thanks.

EDIT #1: Don't forget you must have the Angmar quest pack for these instances if you're not VIP or subscribed
    Last edited by NEVERMOREGLORY; Nov 25 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum][B]Phenrial[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] [COLOR=RoyalBlue](Burglar)[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Founder of [U][B][URL="http://www.crownless.guildportal.com"]Crownless[/URL][/B][/U] on Landroval & Imladris[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Essence [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue](MNS, Imladris)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Indigo][B](+)[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Fyrendahl[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue](LRM Landy/Imladris)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Indigo][B](+)[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Melilotus[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=RoyalBlue](MNS, Landroval)
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]Friends don't let friends leave CapsLock on. *glances at member name* "Oh craaaaaap."[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Re: Class items from Carn Dum & Urugarth

Hey, I'm on this server and at the right level. I've managed to run Uru once and Carn Dum three times in the past week - I only need one more boss from Urugath to complete the quest. There are a reasonable number of people running it (the F2P bubble, including me, is starting to hit the right level), though it's definitely helped that I've been able to draw on some L65 kinmates to make the runs really smooth.

Anyway, more than happy to try to meet up and I'd love to do it with an on-level group. I can't guarantee any time given rl committments and the fact that I'm in Australia, but I can try to be on there US saturday evening (which is my sunday morning). I'll add you as a friend, feel free to do the same with me. I've got people from the previous runs in my friend list and quite a few kinmates at or above L50 so we should be able to put something together if we're on at the same time.
    Last edited by PsychobabbleJJ; Nov 25 2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Lore-mastery - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

Thanks to all those who participated in last night's run! Due to the awesomeness of the group we cleared Urugarth and ran CD through Mormoz. Congrats to all those who got items, and for anyone else interested, keep sending me PMs here or mails/tells in-game if you'd like to go on a run in the future. I'll try to organize a run per weekend as long as the interest & need holds.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum][B]Phenrial[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] [COLOR=RoyalBlue](Burglar)[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Founder of [U][B][URL="http://www.crownless.guildportal.com"]Crownless[/URL][/B][/U] on Landroval & Imladris[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Essence [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue](MNS, Imladris)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Indigo][B](+)[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Fyrendahl[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue](LRM Landy/Imladris)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Indigo][B](+)[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Melilotus[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=RoyalBlue](MNS, Landroval)
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]Friends don't let friends leave CapsLock on. *glances at member name* "Oh craaaaaap."[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Planning for a run at 8pm EST this Sunday December 5th. Holler (if you haven't already) if you would like to come along.

Hey, i keep meaning to ask, who ended up going on the run? sounds like fun was had by all, glad it worked out. I probably can't make this one but if by chance you see me online at that time do pst me .

gl organising it again...

Cool Re: Class items from Carn Dum & Urugarth

I really like Hunter's role
    Elkarien's lotro-wiki RP profile: [url]http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elkarien/Elkarien[/url] | Yurdín Hammerbeard, dwarf guradian: [url]http://s24.postimg.org/c6z3yj1xh/yurdin_stance.jpg[/url]
    Many places I have been, Many sorrows I have seen, But I don't regret, Nor will I forget, All who took that road with me.

i still need to do this, having difficulty finding a group for it.

i'll probably be 65 before i unlock the legendary
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002dc45/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm definitely interested in doing some runs (especially Uru). If something is going on, send Lorik a /tell. I'll be happy to tank the instance(s) if needed.

Edit: How about a weeknight run? Maybe a Wednesday night?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000026a1f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lucela - 65 Burglar (Imladris) -- Lollerskates R3 Warg (Imladris)

Quote Originally Posted by Xicotencatl View Post
    i'll probably be 65 before i unlock the legendary
    yeah, same here.
    Elkarien's lotro-wiki RP profile: [url]http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elkarien/Elkarien[/url] | Yurdín Hammerbeard, dwarf guradian: [url]http://s24.postimg.org/c6z3yj1xh/yurdin_stance.jpg[/url]
    Many places I have been, Many sorrows I have seen, But I don't regret, Nor will I forget, All who took that road with me.

Any more runs planned? I really don't want to have to grind up the skirmish points I'd need otherwise, and I'm getting sick of doing GB runs since those are the only ones I can reliably find a group for.

there's heaps of people in the level range at the moment, it's really easy to organise your own. I had some time the other night so just for lulz i decided to see how long it'd take me to put together an uru/carn dum group. I opened the social panel on the first tab ("following") filtered all players between 46 and 56 on the server and then blanked the location field. That searches for everyone in the level range on the server and I just sent a tell to everyone on the list. Even though it was at like 2am on sunday US time I had a full party ready to go in about 15 min with only one kinmate, a L49 warden. We ended up running uru because we had a few below 50 but it was a smooth run, with the exception of when the champs decided to go all aoe crazy on the drake babies . I don't think I had grouped with any of the others before and now I have a bunch more people in my friends list . And the funny thing was I think only two people in the group hadn't already finished their class quest, everyone else was just doing this for fun.

Try asking, it works!
    Last edited by PsychobabbleJJ; Dec 13 2010 at 12:55 AM.

Good to know. I'm more of a joiner than a starter, but maybe I'll have to give that a try.