We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Men of Bree

Men of Bree

The Men of Bree are a lifespan rank 8 Kinship, with about 450+ members. We are recruiting anyone. The founder is Goldenbeard. Message him if you're interested in joining. We try to be kind and helpful, and we have frequent and unique events whenever possible. To learn more about the Men of Bree, check out their website: http://menofbree.webs.com/
    Last edited by GuardingKnightOfRohan; Jun 25 2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Putting up new information.

Re: Men of Bree

i was invited to join your guild last night (blind invite=poor show imo) but i joined and explained how new i was less than 6 weeks and my grouping history and in less than 1 hour i felt alienated and quit but not before going on some skirmish that we failed. so now my grouping experience has gone from bad to worse. no team help you just asked me the same question over and over, and no matter how i answered i got no help from the kinship. until you dropped me for not knowing where the entrance was.

for others thinking about joining this guild be warned now!

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    i was invited to join your guild last night (blind invite=poor show imo) but i joined and explained how new i was less than 6 weeks and my grouping history and in less than 1 hour i felt alienated and quit but not before going on some skirmish that we failed. so now my grouping experience has gone from bad to worse. no team help you just asked me the same question over and over, and no matter how i answered i got no help from the kinship. until you dropped me for not knowing where the entrance was.

for others thinking about joining this guild be warned now!
    Thanks for your comment. (Really, it helps). I'll have a talk with my officers and make sure that they all know not to send a random, blind invite to anyone. We're sorry for your experience, I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. And what did I ask you? Are you talking about a skirmish?

Ahh...You're mistaken. A lot...I dropped everyone because we couldn't enter the quest with a raid, only a fellowship. I asked Bertwolf, an officer, to invite everyone else, but he must have lost track of who to invite. This is a misunderstanding, I told all the kinsman in Chat that if they would like to join again to send an IM to Bertwolf, because Raids couldn't enter the quest.

We're sorry for this inconvenience. If you have any other problems, ask me.

I accept blind invitations to nothing. I choose my companions carefully. New to the game, I went to this kinship website first and I found it needed some fresh air. So I decided to help.

In game, I was denied once to joing the kinship, beeing under lvl20. I asked a couple of days later again (to an officer that time) and I was finally admited (at lvl18). After a warm welcome, I recibed many answers to most (not all) my newby crazy questions (found later they ignored the ones I should have known). Kinship chat is always nice, sometimes busy, usually funny and (what is important to me) very polite (no cursing allowed).

I always try to help with my (nowadays) little knowledge of the game, also giving away the raw stuff I farm but don't need, even crafting for anyone in need of anything I may be already able to produce. Only asking for things just new to a kinship simply doesn't work. And a kinship is for socializing too, so you say hello when logging in, bb when logging out, reply to your kinsmen, cheer them when leveling up, get an item, etc. Men of Bree use to do so all the time.

Many mid and high lvl Men of Bree are btw rising their crafting skills, producing usefull stuff they are happy to give to you for free. Some raw materials were also at my mailbox for free, after begging for them long enough. So I got to say they do help you. A lot.

Beeing such my experience so far, couldn't help but to post it.
    Thanks for reading.

Savir

Just for the record, I found it a bit odd that the Men of Bree wanted to recruit a female elf.

Thumbs down Re: Men of Bree

I asked to join at about level 18 or 19, I think. I was really impressed with how friendly everyone was, and how helpful they were. I've never seen anyone swear in the chatbox, or make crude comments. (Although be warned, some people like to flood the chat with faces and funny commentary!) I love how everyone in the kin is so ready to help each other out, especially because I'm not a gameplayer in general, and need a lot of help!

"... there is courage also, and honor to be found in Men!"

Under new leadership

Hi - my name is Rabamir online guardian lvl 85 Thane of Hytbold and to say that Men of Bree kinship is under new leadership and is trying to restart a good kin with ample opportunities for all - owing to past indiscretions the kin is under new management and has kinhouse and is Rank 10 so please check it out on http://www.men-of-bree.guildlaunch.com/ - everyone who applies has a chance if not banned and the rules apply as written - we are still a friendly bunch as long as respect is shown to all members accordingly and faith to individuals are observed as fitting with Lotro policy hope to see you in chat online or applications to site thankyou