We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dedicated 1v1 spot.

Just as an FYI, on other servers there is a dedicated 1v1 area. The hill just behind the TR rezz. Its that snow capped spot where the bears are. You can climb up it from the south side. I say this for those that like to 1v1 a lot. I don't care for it myself. I'm also a little biased against it since Ellendillmir people use it to farm rank. There are a ton of high ranked freeps on that server that are almost skilless since they farmed to get their rank. But I figured I'd mention it anyways. People call it Candy Mountain. Its an unspoken rule that you don't interefere with them and doing so is generally considered to make you a walking buttt log.
    Unless I'm drunk and feelin frisky I don't 1v1 or mess with those that do.
    The code of conduct seems to be that you approach a person and not attack them. You jump up and down in front of them to let them know you want to spar and then you take positions and either bow or jump again to let them know you wanna start. For burgs and wargs its a little different since they like to stealth first but I guess you do the best you can. If you are 1v1'ing anywhere else in the moors then youre both fair game.
    Have fun folks!
    Last edited by rare_twinkie; Nov 16 2010 at 07:42 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

formerly RichardSimmons

Re: Dedicated 1v1 spot.

I'd be up for it. Beorngest <-- How do I get the banner at bottom.
    Last edited by Mizerathom; Nov 17 2010 at 02:18 AM.

i'm fine with candy mountain. If I set up a 1v1 with someone I'd prefer this spot, but the area behind tr is also a possibility.

For burgs it normally is tricky. I would recommend jumping up and down then stealthing to signal you're ready. If it's a warg vs burg fight, the burg should be able to fight in mischief and let the warg stealth to make the fight more fair (unless the warg is in shadow howler...). If the burg is nasty at 1v1's then I've known a couple who use mischief no matter what they fight to make things simpler.

does anyone care about cd and consumable restrictions? (health pots, scrolls, food). I know some people get their panties in a bunch about using health pots and consumables in 1v1's. on cd's a good burg on silverlode once told me, "If you have to use 5 minute cd's in a 1v1 on a burg, then you're doing it wrong." I'm sure he wasn't thinking about spiders in this circumstance, but I tend to feel this philosophy is a good one to have when fighting in a 1v1, and try not to blow huge cooldowns wastefully.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerathom View Post
    I'd be up for it. Beorngest <-- How do I get the banner at bottom.
    Up in the upper right of your screen, click on My Preferences->My Forum Settings->Edit Signature

Personally, i would love to have some 1v1, but i would really appreciate if the opponent could give me tips to improve (if they had them), and i could give them (if i had them). Creates better community, as well as better competition Probably sounds crazy to most that enjoy PvP though..

ANyone who puts restrictions on things such as pots or cooldowns is a noob to the Nth degree. Pots are prt of the game as is cooldowns. I get frustrated with people who are against it. Its like the tards in the first person shooters who get mad at bunny hoppin. "How dare you try to avoid my fire?!?!?"... idiots
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

formerly RichardSimmons

Quote Originally Posted by rare_twinkie View Post
    ANyone who puts restrictions on things such as pots or cooldowns is a noob to the Nth degree. Pots are prt of the game as is cooldowns. I get frustrated with people who are against it. Its like the tards in the first person shooters who get mad at bunny hoppin. "How dare you try to avoid my fire?!?!?"... idiots
    I agree with pots and consumables. If i have a pot or food or scrolls on me, I will use it. If you want to blow all your cd's when fighting me in a 1v1, that is fine, I'll be using mine. I treat my burg differently than my other characters. Burgs are OP enough without using ready and able in a 1v1. If you need to use ready and able to beat a creep in a 1v1, reroll.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    I agree with pots and consumables. If i have a pot or food or scrolls on me, I will use it. If you want to blow all your cd's when fighting me in a 1v1, that is fine, I'll be using mine. I treat my burg differently than my other characters. Burgs are OP enough without using ready and able in a 1v1. If you need to use ready and able to beat a creep in a 1v1, reroll.
    A big ~S~ to you son. Nice that some people see reason. Please tell me your a libertarian. ;p

formerly RichardSimmons

LMAO at whoever the freep was who logged over to creep and asked if my r2 blue dot WL wanted to 1v1...seriously get a clue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000aeee4/signature.png]Mcdonalds[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Slangin View Post
    LMAO at whoever the freep was who logged over to creep and asked if my r2 blue dot WL wanted to 1v1...seriously get a clue.
    hey if his freep wasn't a 65, that could have been some free infamy.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. There is no place in LOTRO for 1v1, 2v2, or any of that other <insert favorite game to hate> bull. The 'Moors is for PvMP. If I run across people doing 1v1, I will attack, no if's, and's, or but's. If you want to PvP, fine. If you want to 1v1, take it to that other game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000008e1c4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]