We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Come out and fight....?

We did... you're dead... now where'd you go?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

formerly RichardSimmons

Re: Come out and fight....?

hey RS, how's the PvMP on Crick now? i moved over to Riddermark the past 2 days, rolled a new Weaver, and right now there's a 30F vs 21C Epic battle. Been here for 2 days and almost rank 3 =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000058f5/signature.png]Venom[/charsig]

[B]Crickhollow Creeps[/B]: Venomspitter - R3 Weaver

Yea Richard I don't think the freeps realize what an organized creep group can do, Cant wait til we get some rank on us we wont need the 1up person on them, we can fight a fair fight a man down then. Nevertheless, twas some good fights and if I don't say so myself, I loved being on the winning side. I do wish they had stayed out longer but I think they are looking for a farm fest of green dots and blue dot that they can take on 1 v 3-5, but nevertheless, guess well try again tomorrow for some action.

PS @Ryvnn, Your rune stone did get us riled up a little - Glad you chose to plant it

Glad you liked the stone, although I can't take credit for the idea. You guys did far better than you normally do, hopefully the trend continues. The fights were certainly more interesting. I do wish you guys had come out for an open field battle, and in retrospect, much farther away from your map / revive points. I think I killed Filth three times in the same fight.

@RS, what are you twelve? Its a game, enjoy yourself. No one cares how big your e-peen is.

R.

Its egos like yours that I feed on every day kiddo. I made a light hearted post and didn't direct it at any one person. But you naturally got defensive. I love it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000002ec97/signature.png]Richardsimmons[/charsig]

formerly RichardSimmons

But Spit is right. Were some good fights out there for sure. ~S~

formerly RichardSimmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvnn View Post
    I think I killed Filth three times in the same fight.
    Oh comon, you love seeing me pop up out of no where :-)

Also, for scoring the Filth hat trick I bestow the most honorable title "Ryvnn, Kitten Bane"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Yelowen View Post
    Oh comon, you love seeing me pop up out of no where :-)
    Lol, no I don't! Every time I had one of those damn puppies nearly dead, its health would pop back up to full. And you did a damn good job of hiding from me each time. I'm was swearing the entire time on vent, '!#$#@? didn't I kill him already?!?'. Hilarity!

Also, for scoring the Filth hat trick I bestow the most honorable title "Ryvnn, Kitten Bane"
    That is a title I would wear proudly.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    Yea Richard I don't think the freeps realize what an organized creep group can do, Cant wait til we get some rank on us we wont need the 1up person on them, we can fight a fair fight a man down then.
    I'm new to this game, so I can't speak from experience, but from what I'm told, and what I've seen with my own Warg, once creeps get above rank 5 or 6, its no longer possible to kill them with even numbers. From looking at abilities, I honestly don't see how a high rank Warg can lose one on one. I know that doesn't extrapolate perfectly to group vs. group, but the concept seems to apply universally. High rank Spiders look absolutely deadly, and I don't know how you would kill a high rank Defile.

Its a little upsetting to see your enemies continually get stronger, while you stay the same. I think that is the Achilles heal of LoTR PvP. There is no progression on the Freep side, and that I think is what will eventually cause me to lose interest. I hope they fix it before then.

R.

I want the Title Venomspitter, Puppy Kicker
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000058f5/signature.png]Venom[/charsig]

I'm new to this game, so I can't speak from experience, but from what I'm told, and what I've seen with my own Warg, once creeps get above rank 5 or 6, its no longer possible to kill them with even numbers. From looking at abilities, I honestly don't see how a high rank Warg can lose one on one. I know that doesn't extrapolate perfectly to group vs. group, but the concept seems to apply universally. High rank Spiders look absolutely deadly, and I don't know how you would kill a high rank Defile.

Its a little upsetting to see your enemies continually get stronger, while you stay the same. I think that is the Achilles heal of LoTR PvP. There is no progression on the Freep side, and that I think is what will eventually cause me to lose interest. I hope they fix it before then.

R.
    You're more correct than you proabably know it. I play freep almost exclusively on another server. I have a rank 11 and a couple rank 6's and 7 and I can tell you that some classes on creepside are ridiculously hard to kill. HOWEVER, and thats a big however, balance isnt completely lost. Many people complain, myself included, about how hard it is to kill defilers. But thats becasue they are usually doing nothing but healing. They do almost no dps what so ever. I mean its laughable. So that is kind of balance in it on way. Rk's can dish out more damage than anything plus with the added benefit of almost limitless stuns, but they can't hardly be looked at crooked without dieing. They redefine the term "squishy". Warleaders are another class that just won't ever die. Yet again they don't do all that much damage. Wargs on the other had... yeah I admit it, theyre easy mode. Massive dps, two sweet escape skills, and a couple CJ skills to boot. But solo, they can be killed. With just two wargs on you... not a chance unless they are low ranked. I have many times on my mini been pounced by two wargs and be dead before the pounce wears off. But on this server its a little different. With so little freeps on this server, you can't get rank easily at all. So its tough to improve.
    Basically I'm playing the warg as sort of a 'vacation' from freepside. On my server the creeps outnumber the freeps all the time and they are all high ranked and its pretty tough out there and I get tired of fighting the good fight. I'm here for fun.
    However you're wrong about you not being able to improve. I see your armor and your stats and you still have a ways to go. You'll get plenty more deadly out here I promise. I'd recommend the Annuminas armor set for RK's. You get crazy crits on it. I hit a creep for 8k with EC once. Then I went and perfomred self abuse
    ~S~

formerly RichardSimmons

Annuminas gear? Really? I can get that with a few hours of play time, I just choose not to. It looks like a massive decrease in survivability for a pitiful increase in DPS. And how the heck are you looking at me gear?

R.

Its pretty good stuff. I have several peices of DG gear on my Rk and I got the full set of DN and Moria set but I prefer the annuminas set. You really do a good deal more dps. But you're prolly right for not using it becasue I do think it lowers your overall health and armor. Its better if your in med-large groups which sadly is lacking out here. Just grab a couple good jewelry peices like the earrings from SG and what not. I have 5K health on my RK with no buffs so its not too bad. The DP health buff is nice to have along.

formerly RichardSimmons

Quote Originally Posted by gsb28 View Post
    It's your lucky day sir! Venomspitter, kicker of newborn puppies!

And just a side note, Defilers don't become exceedingly difficult to kill, until rank 5....fungal spores hurray!
    Can't wait :-)

Also, What the heck is it with all this encouraging Freeps to improve their gear!!! No no no, I won't have any of that!

Please, I recommend coming into the moors gearless and with all your action bars off! This will get maximum renown for you :-) As a matter of fact it is best to just stand there and take it, just don't fight back and we'll go away, trust me...we will
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

Yay!!

Please, I recommend coming into the moors gearless and with all your action bars off! This will get maximum renown for you :-) As a matter of fact it is best to just stand there and take it, just don't fight back and we'll go away, trust me...we will
    /agree

And just a side note, Defilers don't become exceedingly difficult to kill, until rank 5....fungal spores hurray!
    Can't wait :-)

Also, What the heck is it with all this encouraging Freeps to improve their gear!!! No no no, I won't have any of that!

Isn't there a deed that freeps get if they die in PVMP without ever attacking? =p
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000000d5b/signature.png]Sennari[/charsig]

R.
    On my old server which was not one of the higher population PVMP servers, there did not seem to be too many creeps over rank 8 or 9, especially all online at the same time. I am looking forward to some good group v group open field battles here, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000000d5b/signature.png]Sennari[/charsig]

The name of the stone was my idea. I thought it was funny that 6+ creeps (with a sig healer plus two sig spiders) were hugging a keep from 4 freeps next to a map point and their rez. All you had to do was continually push and we'd wipe, and that's exactly what happened. I'm glad to see the stone got you riled up enough to realise your advantage. We logged just from guessing you'd still be there hugging that keep. I'd rather continue getting better relics for my weapons than stare at each other in front of a keep.

I usually pop on to my other server first where I play my burg, get frustrated because there's a raid of high ranked creeps running around zerging solo players, then come here where there's more fair small group fights. Part of the reason why i made a minstrel is out of frustration that 90% of minstrels on silverlode just run in WS all the time and refuse to heal groups. I want this server to turn out with better fights than silverlode, but i'm not gonna lead a small group against a full sized group while they hug a keep next to their rez circle. no thank you. there's plenty of pve i could be doing to make my minnie better.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    The name of the stone was my idea. I thought it was funny that 6+ creeps (with a sig healer plus two sig spiders) were hugging a keep from 4 freeps next to a map point and their rez. All you had to do was continually push and we'd wipe, and that's exactly what happened. I'm glad to see the stone got you riled up enough to realise your advantage. We logged just from guessing you'd still be there hugging that keep. I'd rather continue getting better relics for my weapons than stare at each other in front of a keep.

I usually pop on to my other server first where I play my burg, get frustrated because there's a raid of high ranked creeps running around zerging solo players, then come here where there's more fair small group fights. Part of the reason why i made a minstrel is out of frustration that 90% of minstrels on silverlode just run in WS all the time and refuse to heal groups. I want this server to turn out with better fights than silverlode, but i'm not gonna lead a small group against a full sized group while they hug a keep next to their rez circle. no thank you. there's plenty of pve i could be doing to make my minnie better.
    I agree with you for the most part but you have to keep in mid that when you start a creep, youre basically a lvl 40. So your resistances, your dps, and your avoidance, armor nad what not are very low. Thus you don't want ot fight a 65 freep 1v1. Thats essentially why the freeps have done so well on this server. Now that creeps are starting to gradually get some rank the competition will start to get more even. Which means more of a contest and more fun. Trust me when i say that zerging gets old fairly fast. The fightts are whats fun. 7 green/blue dots aganst 4 65 freeps is a fair match. Depending on the freeps I guess. But from my experience (and I'd like to say its pretty vast considering I've been playing for 3 years on lotro) is that the freeps I have seen on this server are pretty impressive. There I said it. Particually Beorn (sp) thats a hell of a guard son. ~S~

Note: I made this post fairly intoxicated so grammatical errors are excused by default.

formerly RichardSimmons

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    No offense but you guys should have won that fight 100% of the time. We had 5 people in our grp and added a rank 0 warleader for the last fight. I understand our dominance may have felt like more than 6 but I really cant do anything about that unless you guys want me to only play with one hand We new you guys would log if competition was put to you, but I didn't think that you would give up that easy. We used strategy and our strategy worked, Rvynn and Bloin seem to be extremely impatient so we played off that, we knew they would get the gitters of not having that renoun crack, once that happen they made bad decisions....My friend I'm here to tell you that some of us creeps are not pushovers and were here to win, not zerg you and feed you renoun. Nevertheless, I look forward to more good PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by gsb28 View Post
    lol that would be funny
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000025935/signature.png]Healhunter[/charsig]
    Freephunter~Rank 7 reaver - Healhunter~Rank 7 defiler - Eateroffreeps~Rank 6 warg

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    No offense but you guys should have won that fight 100% of the time. We had 5 people in our grp and added a rank 0 warleader for the last fight. I understand our dominance may have felt like more than 6 but I really cant do anything about that unless you guys want me to only play with one hand We new you guys would log if competition was put to you, but I didn't think that you would give up that easy. We used strategy and our strategy worked, Rvynn and Bloin seem to be extremely impatient so we played off that, we knew they would get the gitters of not having that renoun crack, once that happen they made bad decisions....My friend I'm here to tell you that some of us creeps are not pushovers and were here to win, not zerg you and feed you renoun. Nevertheless, I look forward to more good PVP.
    Group of five with a rez, npc's, and a map point right there. regardless if we killed your healer, he would just come right back in 10seconds. That was our handicap. A group of four freeps cannot fight that and win 100% of the time if you kept the pressure on continuously, which you did at the end. One of us is bound to die eventually and have to horse back from GV.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg