We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A mountain of Fire and Ice
    Posts
    484

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Quote Originally Posted by SCHawks73 View Post

    Oh, and a side note, if you decide to play a Warden... forget about O. They don't take kindly to our type lol
    Du doesn't like them because he couldn't effectively play one like his easy hunter. It was pretty laughable.
    Trucido, The Dark Hunters, and Viaticus have been around since the beginning. There's plenty more out there, so just feel around what works for you. The Righteous are solid and small, and very humble despite their achievements.


    @Calquinta

    Windfola PvP prime....lolwut? I mean it has it's ups and downs, but half of the ranked and veteran creeps transferred off of it. Trust me you don't know what PvP is until your run around with Aussie groups on Elendilmir, non-zerg small group action and ridiculous fights. Sure, it can be zergy. But I love the zerg compared to the dull, sometimes motionlessness of Windfola's PvP at times.
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    612 Wharf Avenue
    Posts
    1,380

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    This thread makes me tingle in my nether regions.
    Commander Nomi Sunrider (****Retired): 8,964 KBs and no longer counting
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060100000a9796/signature.png]Seitoth[/charsig]
    "Don't like it, do you? It's not easy to suddenly lose everything that once made you special, is it?" -Mara Jade
    [url]http://www.cad-comic.com/sillies/20090123[/url]

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    160

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Hardcore raiding kins are the ones that have Archet spider dungeon on farm mode.
    Drelosi, Lord of the Shattered Chain, Reclaimer of Mirdanant, Slayer of the Watcher, etc. etc.
    Trucido, Windfola

  4. #29

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall0Wx View Post
    Du doesn't like them because he couldn't effectively play one like his easy hunter. It was pretty laughable.
    I'd be offended if you were a better player. <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall0Wx View Post
    The Righteous are solid and small, and very humble despite their achievements.
    Agreed.
    [center][font=Courier New][size=+1][color=white][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/du/"]Du[/URL], leader of [URL="http://lotro.paradoxquest.com/"] O [/URL][/color][/size][/font][/center]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A mountain of Fire and Ice
    Posts
    484

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Quote Originally Posted by laughterkillsme View Post
    I'd be offended if you were a better player. <3


    Oooh, got me. That hits to the soul, but it's okay Du agreed with me. That automatically means I'm better than most!
    <3
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Up Here!!!;O)
    Posts
    159

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    This thread makes me tingle in my nether regions.
    I'd be offended if you were a better player. <3
    LOL!
    How can ya not love a devolving thread? A beauty to behold! (but then I'm easily amused).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/whatsizzface/lotrosig3_zps8de263e7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=white]"Can you [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]say that my precious? I knew that you could[/SIZE]!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]~A Sut by any other name~[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Is still a Sut~[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Dear Ungriel,

    My recommendation would be to join a kin where you can grow and learn the game first, one that is low on rules but high on friendly people (I personally recommend Aure Entuluva -- send a PM to Kristin or Merifast or Virtual in-game for more information about them). After playing the game and leveling for a bit, start to pug with other people. Be sure to join GLFF (type /joinchannel GLFF and make sure your User Channels are all turned on) and also be sure to ignore the inanity that infects it about 70% of the time. Once you get to max level, look around at the playerbase and find the players you enjoy grouping with and talking to. Join more pugs (a fellow named Titan- runs a truly staggering amount of pug groups and raids every day and his groups might be a good opportunity for you to ask the people in them about their Kinships).

    Once you make some friends on the server, it will all slot in from there. If you need any help with crafted gear, tips, or leveling strats, hit me up in-game on either Narlinde or Mavi. Good luck, and welcome to Windfola!

    Sincerely,
    The Windfola Welcome Wagon
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

  8. #33

    Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    Dear Ungriel,

    My recommendation would be to join a kin where you can grow and learn the game first, one that is low on rules but high on friendly people (I personally recommend Aure Entuluva -- send a PM to Kristin or Merifast or Virtual in-game for more information about them). After playing the game and leveling for a bit, start to pug with other people. Be sure to join GLFF (type /joinchannel GLFF and make sure your User Channels are all turned on) and also be sure to ignore the inanity that infects it about 70% of the time. Once you get to max level, look around at the playerbase and find the players you enjoy grouping with and talking to. Join more pugs (a fellow named Titan- runs a truly staggering amount of pug groups and raids every day and his groups might be a good opportunity for you to ask the people in them about their Kinships).

    Once you make some friends on the server, it will all slot in from there. If you need any help with crafted gear, tips, or leveling strats, hit me up in-game on either Narlinde or Mavi. Good luck, and welcome to Windfola!

    Sincerely,
    The Windfola Welcome Wagon
    Ungriel, this is perfect advice for you. I started around early September with this being the first MMO I ever played. I joined Elrond's Enforcers which has a group of very very friendly people who taught me a lot. I got to level cap and just started PUGing everything under the sun and met a lot of people. Eventually made my way into Viaticus (but I still love Elrond's, seriously nice people and without a doubt a great place to start) and the raid experience has been awesome.

    If you do this, you don't need to worry about picking the perfect raiding kin for you. Just get yourself out there and meet people, and it's going to kind of happen on its own. Welcome to the server!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015a567/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload