We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

Hello my name is Ungriel ( in game of course ) and im looking for a hardcore kinship.

I've been playing MMO's since i was 11 and have had extensive experience in end game content. My "parcoure" is summed up like this.

World Of Warcraft was the first MMO i've ever played. Not 4 months after i picked up the game i was already raiding the likes of Molten Core , Zul Gurub and Naxxramas ( 40 man ). When Burning Crusade came out i was in my servers top guild clearing content like Tempest Keep , Gruuls Lair and Black Temple easily putting it on farm content. My current guild on Illidan US is Ares ( Terryjones is my char ) and we cleared 11/12 Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic and 11/12 ICC 10 Heroic.
    Needless to say i know how to sit infront of a computer and lookup the strats and find the best rotation for any given fight.

For refference here is my armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Terryjones

Moving on to EvE i've been playing EvE for 2 years now i can fly a Multitude of ships and T2 frigates. I've only once did a POS raid as i don't enjoy them as much as roaming.

I am a very dedicated player when it comes to hard endgame content.

You can contact me ingame and leave me a message as i don't roam the forums to much.

I got two words for possible Kin's

MOLD ME

I also enjoy long walks on the beach , crushed Barghest skulls and dinner over candle light on rotting Uruk corpses

Re: Veteran MMO player looking for Hardcore Kinship

Mold you?

Okay. Step one: Most long-time raiding guilds in LotRO don't care about your WoW armory page. It's pretty easy to get gear in WoW now anyway, so it's all meaningless. I say that as a person who quit playing Wow a few months ago.

Most kins in this game, even raiding, will give you a chance as long as your stats are maxed out come end game and you have appropriate legendary traits. I don't think the complete resume is as necessary here as it is in WoW.

Loosen up a bit and you'll find it's just as enjoyable with much less of the needless e-peening. Which means you don't have to do it either!
    Last edited by msbunglexx; Nov 07 2010 at 09:41 PM.

Most kins aren't hardcore raiding kins.
    Once upon a time they called me Aed O'Brien of Coldeve
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000019f8/01007/signature.png]Telpehta[/charsig]

Sigh...I should've read the title passed Hardcore =/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000a31bc/signature.png]Shacklez[/charsig]
    [color=lightgreen]Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn![/color]
    [color=burgundy]Oh, and don't forget to Rest in Peace...[/color]

While it is true that gear is easy to come upon in WOW the heroics versions are hard.

MOLD ME was in part a reffenrence to me being relativly new to this particular MMO.

I can see how my post looks like a guild app in WoW im so used to
    applying for a guild and sitting downfor 3hours pondering on what to say andbwhat not to say.

I guess i was just looking for a mentor. In any case im very gratfull for the level of maturity andnall the positive feedback. If i pulled a move like this on blizzard forums i would of been trolled in less then a second.

Welcome to Windfola, im sure you will find a raiding kin that fits you.
    Are you looking to do a lot of PvMP or just PvE raids?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e970b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This is Windfola. Most kins here don't have standards, or a clue. If you don't figure it out on your own, chances are you'll end up as terribly mediocre as most the hunters on this server.

Have fun!
    [center][font=Courier New][size=+1][color=white][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/du/"]Du[/URL], leader of [URL="http://lotro.paradoxquest.com/"] O [/URL][/color][/size][/font][/center]

I have no clue what i would like to dwelve in later on in the game although i am thoroughly raid aware i do enjoy the challenge of forever changing tactics of pvmp

As i am new and have only experienced lower lvl content and cannot say for a fact what i would enjoy more.

Thats why i hope someone can push me down the right path Wether that person be holding my hand or not.

(( french by birth so im making some hardcore grammatical and synthax mistakes and its sorta pissing me off))
    Last edited by Ungriel; Nov 08 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laughterkillsme View Post
    This is Windfola. Most kins here don't have standards, or a clue. If you don't figure it out on your own, chances are you'll end up as terribly mediocre as most the hunters on this server.

Have fun!
    Don't let the comments of Du and his fellow nay-sayers be an inflence in the choice you make. I hope you find a niche here that suits you best. Welcome to Windfola.
    [SIZE="3"][i][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The ability to serve and the ability to rule have no difference, for both are designed to seek the best for another.[/FONT][/B][/i][/SIZE]

if by hardcore you mean, the kin raids maybe 2-3 times a week, i think your options are limited on this here server. there is only one raid that you could consider deserving of dedication and thats bg, and most kins simply arent doing it.

the ones that are -

trucido - probably the most hardcore as they make fancy videos and are consistently first in content regardless of server

o - to the last of my knowledge there were still going, although maybe no need for them at this point as they are small and i believe all are geared

mercenaries - mix of raiders and non raiders and actively raiding each week, probably your best bet

then maybe there are a handful of kins that get out there a little less

guardians of the vault (i think)

others i'm not even sure of anymore

at this point if you're no where near level cap, you could consider any kin or no kin and just get in groups with ppl till you get it figured out. if you're dying to be associated with a kin that raids i would suggest mercenaries, as you're new, they have a good mix of players and they do raid the end game content

good luck, hope this helps
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001674b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    i don't like jail, they have the wrong kind of bars in there

HewikB,

There are more than just those kins. (but not a whole lot more)
    The Dark Hunters
    Viaticus.
    ahem The Righteous

There are a few other kins that are starting to ramp up their raiding, Kins like The Godlike Crown and I am sure there are others that i can not name simply because I don't follow a whole lot on the server.

I think the reason there are not a lot of raiding kins, is because for a long time we were a small server. Since F2P we have grown and there are a lot of kins growing and looking forward to raiding and getting themselves set up for raiding. Who knows, maybe you could take one of these up and coming kins and become a leader. If you are as dedicated as you say you are, I am sure you will find the right kin for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e970b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by justiceoc View Post
    HewikB,

There are more than just those kins. (but not a whole lot more)
    The Dark Hunters
    Viaticus.
    ahem The Righteous

There are a few other kins that are starting to ramp up their raiding, Kins like The Godlike Crown and I am sure there are others that i can not name simply because I don't follow a whole lot on the server.

I think the reason there are not a lot of raiding kins, is because for a long time we were a small server. Since F2P we have grown and there are a lot of kins growing and looking forward to raiding and getting themselves set up for raiding. Who knows, maybe you could take one of these up and coming kins and become a leader. If you are as dedicated as you say you are, I am sure you will find the right kin for you.
    you're right, those guys too

cheers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001674b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Most of those kins listed too are raiding kins... so if you are lvl 20 and want to be a raider, you probably won't make it in since you cannot raid for another 45 levels.

My suggestion would be join a Mid-level kin to help you learn the ropes, get aquainted with the game and it's mechanics and then once you have gone as far as you can with them, move on to a raiding kin.

Suggestions of mid-core kins (there are 100's but I will name the few I'm familiar with):

Treason - a new kin that is rapidly growing, co-lead by my buddy Nae. By the time you get to end-game, this kin will most likely be raiding most end-game content on a regular basis so you could just stick with them, which would be real nice!

Aragorns Allies (my alt's kin) - TON of members, and all are helpful. Some are very knowledgable and will help you along your way. Not much in terms of raiding but they can handle most instances easily enough.

Elrond's Enforcers - Pretty much same as above except maybe a little more capable but not as big population-wise.

Once you get to level cap, and have aquired most of your instance gear, and have 8+ on all of your traits, then you can move on to apply/try out to the kins listed above.

Du and his kin at O are (from what I have heard and seen from runs with members) one of the most if not the most capable kin on the server, but you have to have an "im better then everybody" and "I look down upon everyone not in my kin" attitude as well as be one of the best players of your class on the server. But Trucido, Viaticus, Mercenaries Guild (my kin), and The Dark Hunters are some of your better raiding kins on the server and can take you to that next level.

Good luck!
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by SCHawks73 View Post
    But Trucido, Viaticus, Mercenaries Guild (my kin), and The Dark Hunters are some of your better raiding kins on the server and can take you to that next level.

Good luck!
    Man we get snubbed again lol.

I guess thats what we get for being the quiet kin.

No worries though, we like it that way.

This thread is too funny, Treason? Elrond's Enforcers? Catch's Fan Club farms turtle too, but that doesn't make them a "Hardcore Kinship." If you haven't beaten LT yet, almost a year after it was dropped, then you're not a raiding kinship.

LT Hard Mode: o and Trucido
    LT Easy Mode: The Dark Hunters, The Righteous, Viaticus
    [center][font=Courier New][size=+1][color=white][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/du/"]Du[/URL], leader of [URL="http://lotro.paradoxquest.com/"] O [/URL][/color][/size][/font][/center]

...and here I was all proud and swaggering "raiding" the roofs of Bree AH & Jail.....sigh.....

Don't think anyone can really argue with Du's lists of the "hardcore". Gettin in may be a whole different thing. GL :O)

Cheers,
    Sut
    Broke-down tank of a (Hardcore) "Social" kin
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/whatsizzface/lotrosig3_zps8de263e7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=white]"Can you [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]say that my precious? I knew that you could[/SIZE]!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]~A Sut by any other name~[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Is still a Sut~[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

This thread is too funny, Treason? Elrond's Enforcers? Catch's Fan Club farms turtle too, but that doesn't make them a "Hardcore Kinship." If you haven't beaten LT yet, almost a year after it was dropped, then you're not a raiding kinship.

LT Hard Mode: o and Trucido
    LT Easy Mode: The Dark Hunters, The Righteous, Viaticus
    come on du, i mean i know you like to debate like this but clearly you took the mention of treason, elronds and whoever else was mentioned out of context. the op of mentioning those kins clearly stated they werent really actively raiding but are active kinships with the possibility of raiding someday, no biggie just details.

as far as you're not a raiding kinship unless you've downed lt either em or hm, i almost agree with the caveat that the kin is attempting lt consistently.

My suggestion would be join a Mid-level kin to help you learn the ropes, get aquainted with the game and it's mechanics and then once you have gone as far as you can with them, move on to a raiding kin.

This is very good advice. Join a mid-teir kin will get you experience and help you understand the game in many ways (mechanics, grping, skill-sets, etc)

If you haven't beaten LT yet, almost a year after it was dropped, then you're not a raiding kinship.
    Quote Originally Posted by HewiKB View Post
    if by hardcore you mean, the kin raids maybe 2-3 times a week, i think your options are limited on this here server.
    as far as you're not a raiding kinship unless you've downed lt either em or hm, i almost agree with the caveat that the kin is attempting lt consistently.

As one can see there are many diffirent opinions on what one considers to be a "raiding kinship". Here is where the original poster needs to have a clear definition of what he/she expects a "raiding kinship" to be.

Windfola has kins raiding all types of content every week. Windfola has kins raiding older content (Watcher, DN, Rift, etc). Windfola has kins raiding "newer content" as well (Helegrod, BG). Its all a matter of preference and what the original poster wants to experience. Do some research and ask around. Just keep in mind, there are certain restrictions, rule-sets, processes, etc that most kins follow. Ask questions, and see what fits your style.

come on du, i mean i know you like to debate like this but clearly you took the mention of treason, elronds and whoever else was mentioned out of context. the op of mentioning those kins clearly stated they werent really actively raiding but are active kinships with the possibility of raiding someday, no biggie just details.

Thank you. I was going to let it slide, but I guess it is better for the OP to get some clarification. Treason, Elrond's and Aragorn's are mid-level kinships, Raiding the likes of Hele, Turtle, and maybe some Watcher/DN here and there (from my knowledge). I think this would be a good place to start for the OP and then move on/up to a raiding kinship if that is where his heart desires, to the likes of TDH, MG, O, Trucido, Vicious, and that one kin that starts with an R... The Radicals... The Rightened... something like that

Oh, and a side note, if you decide to play a Warden... forget about O. They don't take kindly to our type lol
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

I think this would be a good place to start for the OP and then move on/up to a raiding kinship if that is where his heart desires, to the likes of TDH, MG, O, Trucido, Vicious, and that one kin that starts with an R... The Radicals... The Rightened... something like that
    Cool keepin it on the DL.
    Last edited by justiceoc; Nov 10 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Thank you. I was going to let it slide, but I guess it is better for the OP to get some clarification. Treason, Elrond's and Aragorn's are mid-level kinships, Raiding the likes of Hele, Turtle, and maybe some Watcher/DN here and there (from my knowledge). I think this would be a good place to start for the OP and then move on/up to a raiding kinship if that is where his heart desires, to the likes of TDH, MG, O, Trucido, Vicious, and that one kin that starts with an R... The Radicals... The Rightened... something like that

Oh, and a side note, if you decide to play a Warden... forget about O. They don't take kindly to our type lol
    Power to the wardens and the power they possess whille they keep that power hidden least it be coveted by others. So says a stealth warden in the stealth kin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000013903d/signature.png]Llothdeturtle[/charsig]
    Dwrunin - RK; Dwronin - 75 Guard; LLothalion - LM; LLothDeBlade Champ; Beriador - Min, Bowerd - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Ungriel View Post
    I have no clue what i would like to dwelve in later on in the game although i am thoroughly raid aware i do enjoy the challenge of forever changing tactics of pvmp

As i am new and have only experienced lower lvl content and cannot say for a fact what i would enjoy more.
    This is Windfola; PvP reigns supreme. Either you're good at PvP or you fall into one of the subgroups of the lesser class of PvE; you can beat things designed to lose, or lose to things designed to lose. So start learning to turn with your mouse and think fast or you might wanna roll onto another server.
    Last edited by callquinta; Nov 12 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by callquinta View Post
    This is Windfola; PvP reigns supreme. Either you're good at PvP or you fall into one of the subgroups of the lesser class of PvE; you can beat things designed to lose, or lose to things designed to lose. So start learning to turn with your mouse and think fast or you might wanna roll onto another server.
    PvP on Windfola?!?!?!?!!? Fall into one of the subgroups of lesser class of PvE?!!?!?!?!?

Wait I need to double check which server I am reading this from, yes it says Windfola at the top. Let me put it this way, DON NOT pick Windfola if you want PvP. Its just to inconsistant, there are other servers where pvp is 100% better! (heck even one of the newer servers has more pvp action than Windfola)

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    PvP on Windfola?!?!?!?!!? Fall into one of the subgroups of lesser class of PvE?!!?!?!?!?

Wait I need to double check which server I am reading this from, yes it says Windfola at the top. Let me put it this way, DON NOT pick Windfola if you want PvP. Its just to inconsistant, there are other servers where pvp is 100% better! (heck even one of the newer servers has more pvp action than Windfola)
    *facepalm*
    the only thing you're gonna find on other servers 98% of the time are raid vs raid, zergball galore

thats not PvP, thats button smashing along with 10+ other people and letting someone tell you what to hit
    windfola, due to its lower population, practically forces you to become a solo artist or proficient in small group fights. That is the beauty of this server.

Quote Originally Posted by callquinta View Post
    *facepalm*
    the only thing you're gonna find on other servers 98% of the time are raid vs raid, zergball galore

thats not PvP, thats button smashing along with 10+ other people and letting someone tell you what to hit
    windfola, due to its lower population, practically forces you to become a solo artist or proficient in small group fights. That is the beauty of this server.
    Oh my word, you mean the night when we have 20 creeps and 4 freeps on is a good thing? Or when we have 20 freeps and 4 creeps? Or when we see people spamming in GLFF "We need more creeps, freeps" Give me a break, most of the really good pvp players/kins (not all mind you) have gone on to other servers.

Regardless, WE have moved away from the orignial posters question. Lets not come in here talking about pvp when the original question is looking for a raiding kinship. If you have some advice for him on joining a raiding kinship then please share.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast