We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
  1. [Plugin] Lyrical

Lyrical is a plugin to sing song lyrics. It can also be used to recite tales or poems. Store unlimited songs and switch between them easily, and recite lines by clicking a single button.

Download from lotrointerface.com

Installation

Unzip the zipfile and place the "Astleigh" folder your Documents\"The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins" folder.

Usage

In game, load it by typing:

/plugins load lyrical

Toggle visibility of the window with:

/lyrical show
    /lyrical hide
    /lyrical toggle

Click "New" and enter your lyrics or text into the edit box. You can optionally type a category in "Folder" to organize your lyrics. Nested folders are supported by using a slash character (e.g., "songs/Tolkien"). Click "Save" when you are done editing.

Clicking the quickslot button at the bottom of the window will /say the highlighted line and automatically advance to the next line.

You can select any line by clicking on it.

You can load songs by clicking the "Open" button and selecting the song title from the menu.

Author

Written by Astleigh Mondegreen <astleigh.mondegreen@gmail.com >.

Some code is borrowed from Emo by Scott Powers and Songbook by Chiran. Thank you to these authors for their work, without which Lyrical would not have been possible.

Version History

2.2 (7/9/2012)
    * Fixed EU client loading bug

2.1 (7/8/2012)
    * Added support for folders

2.0 (4/15/2012)
    * Added song titles
    * Songs are now loaded from a menu
    * Lyric window scrolls to show current line

1.6 (1/20/2012)
    * Fixed loading error for users without Turbine Lua plugins installed
    * Added plugin manager icon

1.5 (1/17/2012)
    * Fix savedata failing when other plugins are loaded

1.4 (7/1/2011)
    * Workaround for savedata failing in German and French locales

1.3 (6/25/2011)
    * Fixed utf8 character translation bug

1.2 (1/24/2011)
    * Fixed bug where Lyrical was getting stuck on the last line

1.1 (12/12/2010)
    * Bundled class.lua from the Turbine plugins
    This should fix loading errors with "unable to resolve Turbine.Utils."

1.0 (11/04/2010)
    * Initial release

Copyright and License

Copyright (c) Astleigh Mondegreen 2010-2012

This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This plugin is released into the Public Domain. Period. Use it however you would like. Attribution would be nice, but is not necessary.
    Last edited by Astleigh; Jul 10 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

*cheers*

A very nice plugin!
    [url]http://joel-end.blogspot.com/[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000001d6c/01005/signature.png]Hoppa[/charsig]

3. Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

Version 1.4 of Lyrical has been released which should fix problems saving data for European users. Thanks to Glenwin (Belegaer DE-RP) for suggesting a fix and testing it.

For non-EU users, if you update to 1.4, you will need to delete your existing Lyrical.plugindata since the save file format changed.

Thank you for this plugin. very handy! have used it several times when Achazia "sing" to her songs
    Thank you!
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

5. Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

Lyrical 1.5 has been released. I squashed a bug that had been reported for several months, where song data was not being saved. The issue was caused by other plugins interfering with Lyrical due to a bug in the code.

If you were affected by this, I'm really sorry!

6. Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

I'm really sorry, but I introduced another bug with version 1.5. If you don't have the Turbine plugins installed, loading will fail. I released 1.6 to fix this.

7. Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

Lyrical 2.0 has been released.

New features:

* You can add titles to your songs, and open songs quickly from a popup menu.
    * The lyrics display now scrolls with the currently active line.

Those are some exciting changes to an already magnificent plugin. Thank yer for yer continued work on this!

Regarding the popup menu: I have about 90 songs/poems and the likes in me lyrical. In version 2.0, this is too many songs for the popup menu, so the upper half of my song list won't show on my screen. The problem is that I can't find any way to scroll up and down the menu, and with the browse buttons gone too... So I have reverted back to 1.6 for the time being.

Is there any way to show all songs in very long song lists?
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

9. Re: [Plugin] Lyrical

I had no idea anyone was storing that many songs! The Lyrical 2.0 design was prompted by requests from users who had 20-30 songs, and wanted a faster way to open songs without using the scroll buttons.

I don't know of any way to scroll popup menus, but I was planning to add folders which would let you access a larger number of songs than would fit in one menu.

So the short answer is you'll have to use 1.6 for now, but a future release of Lyrical will let you access all 90 songs.

Rest assured that options for faster song selection would be very much appreciated by those of us with more than 20 songs too *giggles*

Looking forward to future updates! The folders sound like a good idea!

11. Lyrical 2.1 has been released.

New features:

* Added support for organizing lyrics by folder.

Joy of joys, thank yer kindly! Have a biscuit! *cheers*

I love this plugin.
    But im getting (German Version of client):

...f the Rings Online\Plugins\Astleigh\Lyrica l\Main.lua:85: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'version' (a string value)
    Ein Zwerg ist ein Zwerg, ist ein Zwerg, ist ein Zwerg!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Worgiir View Post
    I love this plugin.
    But im getting (German Version of client):

...f the Rings Online\Plugins\Astleigh\Lyrica l\Main.lua:85: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'version' (a string value)
    Thanks for letting me know it was bugged in the EU client. It was not difficult to fix, though it took me a while to figure out I needed to type "zusatzmodule laden lyrical" to load plugins in German.

Please try 2.2 and let me know if that fixes it for you!

It works!
    The folders are great!
    Ein Zwerg ist ein Zwerg, ist ein Zwerg, ist ein Zwerg!

I had 2.1 and it worked just fine. I obtained the plugin compendium to "manage" plugins and it showed there was an update to 2.2 and so I updated. When I logged into the game and loaded Lyrical, it loaded up just fine and the last song I had "sang" was showing. However, when I try to access other songs I get this message....

...Rings Online\Plugins\Astleigh\Lyrica l\MainWindow.lua:317 : attempt to concatenate field 'path' (a nil value)

Did I erase the songs/stories I had in lyrical or is the script just not finding the info? Can anyone tell me how I can fix this, please? I am lost without my Lyrical!!

Thanks so much!
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!"
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval
    Lonely Mountain Band

17. It sounds like you found a new bug. Would you mind sending me a copy of your lyrical.plugindata file? I'll see if I can figure out what went wrong.

In the mean time, you could try backing up your existing lyrical.plugindata, deleting the old one from the plugindata folder, and restarting lyrical. You'll have to recreate all the songs, but at least it shouldn't be bugged any more.