We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Open Houses on Crickhollow - Post Your Address

Post the address of your home, if it is open to visitors, and feel free to stop in and peek around at any of the below locations!

UPDATED July 27, 2011

Bree-Land Homesteads
    • Bainburg
    1 Garden Street, home of Tymathea
    • Blanmead
    8 Long Street, home of the Justified Kinship
    • Bramberth
    4 Garden Street, home of Rouven
    • Branway
    6 Chestnut Street, home of Malthendor
    • Browning
    3 Fountain Street, home of Arvaethor
    • Burdown
    3 Long Street, home of FailedWish
    • Eastglen
    3 Long Street, home of Furtim
    • Flitton
    4 Garden Street, home of Evebel
    • Herbroke
    7 Chestnut Street, home of Chadsia
    • Istor
    3 Chestnut Street, home of Pasho
    • Morstoke
    1 High Road, home of Wampaone
    • Rosswold
    4 Garden Street, home of Rhiowen
    • Salcrest
    4 Long Street, home of Shadeofdespair
    • Starkglen
    1 High Road, home of the Seeds and Stems Kinship
    • Uxbridge
    2 Broadford Street, home of Butternut
    • Walstow
    3 Garden Street, home of Allyana
    • Wilstead
    3 High Road, home of Elyzabeth
    • Wolfhaven
    3 Chestnut Street, home of Mikial
    • Woodmead
    8 Chestnut St., home of Duraim

Falathorn Homesteads
    • Bruniach
    6 Waterbank Road, home of Vitner
    • Dol Luith
    1 Waterbank Road, home of Ithildir
    • Dolanhir
    1 Waterbank Road, home of Kerkat
    • Eryn Vrithon
    6 Haven Way, home of Alune
    • Imlad Lin
    4 Fairwood Lane, home of Armaius
    • Land Veren
    5 Waterbank Road, home of the Dark Court Guardian Kinship
    • Parth Aur
    2 Twinfall Path, home of Fito Brandytoe
    • Parth Neldyr
    6 Fairwood Lane, home of Arrial
    7 Fairwood Lane, home of the Humble Beginnings Kinship
    • Pel Beriad
    1 Twinfall Path, home of Elvishmouse
    • Talaf Thilion
    5 Waterbank Road, home of the Elentari’s Army Kinship

Shire Homesteads
    • Bybarton
    6 Myrtle Court, home of Ryden
    • Clapfoot
    2 Wending Way, home of Studiomilam
    • Furrowham
    2 Myrtle Court, home of Gorthrain
    • Halldown
    1 Pleasant Street, home of Liandreth
    1 Wending Way, home of Bitterroot
    • Maltmead
    1 Chalk Street, home of InfernalCKY29
    • Raingully
    3 Myrtle Court, home of Astergrace
    6 Myrtle Court, home of Sadieberry
    • Sheafton
    5 Myrtle Court, home of Crispian
    • Thatchacre
    1 Pleasant Street, home of Gildhur
    • Turtledown
    3 Harrow Road, home of Persona
    • Waterley
    6 Chalk Road, home of Gaelicwolf
    6 Harrow Road, home of Rezah

Thorin’s Hall Homesteads
    • Brandfell
    5 Roaring Road, home of the Neuror Celebrimboro Kinship
    • Leikgarth
    1 Frothing Road, home of Litanis
    3 Roaring Road, home of Schop3nhauer
    5 Roaring Road, home of the Scyld Hringa Kinship
    3 Threshold Street, home of TungstenVeteran
    • Lindgarth
    2 Low Street, home of Castratedcow
    6 Roaring Road, home of Hushbbhush
    • Stritha
    5 Roaring Road, home of the Valhalla Kinship
    Last edited by Evebel; Jul 27 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: We're growing!

Re: Open Houses on Crickhollow - Post Your Address

With Mortgage rates so high & a tough new server economy, I've taken to drinking hard and sleeping outside.

Will update when the recession ends!

Hee hee! >.<

Is the new server economy worse than an established economy? I'm a fairly new player so I don't have much to go by here.

Quote Originally Posted by Evebel View Post
    Hee hee! >.<

Is the new server economy worse than an established economy? I'm a fairly new player so I don't have much to go by here.
    Not at all. Some established servers will have prices even higher due to more gold while some will be lower due to more buyers. Ours will even out soon enough.

3 High Road in Wilstead! House is at the name of Aliciel.

It's nothing special really, but it's open to visitors so you can come and visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyzabeth View Post
    3 High Road in Wilstead! House is at the name of Aliciel.

It's nothing special really, but it's open to visitors so you can come and visit!
    I'm looking forward to seeing it! Is Wilstead in Bree?

Yup, forgot to add it!

3 High Road outside: wow, that's a lovely (and giant!) statue. I am really looking forward to seeing some of the items that will become available when I get around to earning rep with various factions.

Inside: loved the color you picked for your walls. The dark brown really showed off the lighter wood furniture. You picked simple furnishings and I liked that nothing inside felt inconsistent or jarring. Really smart to add a 2nd fireplace in the main room (you added that in, right?), it warmed the room up considerably. I wanted to pull up a chair by the fireplace and get cozy.

Thank you for inviting me to your home Elyzabeth!
    Last edited by Evebel; Nov 01 2010 at 10:43 PM.

It's a pleasure!

I plan on buying something bigger when I'll have the money, probably the house right at the entrance of the neighborhood, if it's still available!

I'm still really in need of stuff to put on my walls, and I need more chairs.

As far as wall decorations go, if you don't put up trophies (I'm so new I don't even HAVE any trophies), it's hard to find a good variety of choices. There are the two paintings sold from the Thorin's Hall housing furnisher which I like - "Playful Children" and "Harvest Time." But honestly the iron sconce sold right there in your neighborhood is almost always the best choice. And you can light them, too.

I welcome all visitors to come and make yourself at home in my cozy little hobbit hole.

6 Myrtle Court - Raingully - Shire Homesteads.

I'm especially fond of my kitchen.

::waves as she wanders off::

Still needs a lot of work.....

1 Frothing Road
    Leikgarth, Thorin's Hall

If you've nothing better to do, 8 Chesnut St., Woodmead, Bree-Land Homesteads.

Oh, this is great! I can't wait to visit all of these when I get off work today!

::eyes clock on the wall, tapping foot impatiently::

Quote Originally Posted by Sadieberry View Post
    I welcome all visitors to come and make yourself at home in my cozy little hobbit hole.

6 Myrtle Court - Raingully - Shire Homesteads.

I'm especially fond of my kitchen.

::waves as she wanders off::
    6 Myrtle Court on Raingully. One word which leaped immediately to mind: CHARMING~! Lots of little loving touches. The outside was very seasonal with pumpkins and feasting tables laid out. Inside sweet and extremely homey. Loved the log holder next to the fireplace, the white rug against the dark floors, your choice of music. I especially liked your "kitchen" too!

One question I had - can you make those cushioned benches, or did you get them from the AH or kinmember? I've been dying to get my hands on two for my house, but honestly afraid to look at prices in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Litanis View Post
    Still needs a lot of work.....

1 Frothing Road
    Leikgarth, Thorin's Hall
    I got COMPLETELY lost trying to find 1 Frothing Road! I eventually had to zone out, find one for sale in another neighborhood, and teleport directly to it.

A very masculine dwarvish dwelling! The outside was artfully arrayed, and inside tastefully decorated in stone and browns. I admired the way the rug you choose complimented the breakfast table. I don't think I've ever seen those two put together before, but I liked it.

Where did the Lorien table come from?

My recently purchased cosy Hobbit hole can be located at 1 Chalk Street, Maltmead; Shire Homesteads. So far I'm pleased with how it's turned out, despite the severely lacking mechanics of LotRO housing...

Honestly, tables with no chairs? Slotted candles and fireplaces that offer no light? No inaccessible doors that suggest there could be a bathroom or kitchen?!

*grumble grumble*

6 Myrtle Court on Raingully. One word which leaped immediately to mind: CHARMING~! Lots of little loving touches. The outside was very seasonal with pumpkins and feasting tables laid out. Inside sweet and extremely homey. Loved the log holder next to the fireplace, the white rug against the dark floors, your choice of music. I especially liked your "kitchen" too!

One question I had - can you make those cushioned benches, or did you get them from the AH or kinmember? I've been dying to get my hands on two for my house, but honestly afraid to look at prices in the AH.
    Ah, I thank you for you very kind words. I do so enjoy it myself. I find myself at times wandering there just to unwind a bit.....and usually re-stock the pantry. ::smiles::

The benches were made for me by a kinmate. They require a purchased bench and pristine hides to make. If you'd like, I could ask for direct pricing. ::winks:: Feel free to contact me in Middle Earth and we shall see what we can do about those.

I got COMPLETELY lost trying to find 1 Frothing Road! I eventually had to zone out, find one for sale in another neighborhood, and teleport directly to it.

A very masculine dwarvish dwelling! The outside was artfully arrayed, and inside tastefully decorated in stone and browns. I admired the way the rug you choose complimented the breakfast table. I don't think I've ever seen those two put together before, but I liked it.

Where did the Lorien table come from?
    Thanks for the positive feedback and sorry you got lost. It was closest to the bank so I can easily run my house mule to and from shared storage.

The Lorien table is from the LOTRO store. I am not really thrilled with it because it is difficult to find a good spot for it, but since I spent points on it i figure I might as well have it out until I can fill up the place.

Hmm, I can see what you mean. I think the “perfect” location for it is in an Elven deluxe house, in the center of the circular room that is at the bottom of the stairs. Everywhere else it probably does look a bit out of place! That said, it’s still not a bad fit for your house.

One of my favorite things is seeing the different directions people take with houses. Some people heavily RP and are careful to put nothing inside their house that doesn’t fit with their character’s personality and means. Some people keep it exclusively as a trophy hall and even install menacing music! Others want a place of pure relaxation and comfort and go out of their way to create a soothing atmosphere.

I’m in this camp myself. Although I think I might have gone a little *too* far and I’m starting to wonder if my living area needs a bit more color to liven the place up. Since I’m not extremely creative myself, I appreciate all the little ideas I pick up from visiting open houses. I see a few more I can get to this evening, and I’m really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Duraim View Post
    If you've nothing better to do, 8 Chesnut St., Woodmead, Bree-Land Homesteads.
    Hi Duraim! I have to say, I'm a little jealous that you live on Chestnut St., it's my absolutely favorite street in the Bree-land homestead. Unfortunately, I discovered this *after* I bought my house on Garden Street.

You have a cozy little place, and I was very pleased to be allowed to visit. I don't think I have seen that particular tile floor before, and I was pleasantly surprised. The Dwarf table also looked really good in the corner, and added a lot of class to the room. I've been thinking of getting one of those myself.

Tell me about the trophies - are there stories behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalCKY29 View Post
    My recently purchased cosy Hobbit hole can be located at 1 Chalk Street, Maltmead; Shire Homesteads. So far I'm pleased with how it's turned out, despite the severely lacking mechanics of LotRO housing...

Honestly, tables with no chairs? Slotted candles and fireplaces that offer no light? No inaccessible doors that suggest there could be a bathroom or kitchen?!

*grumble grumble*

I agree entirely about the lack of inaccessible doors. I've always felt like hobbit holes, especially, should have tons of them, to at least hint at spreading underground tunnels, right?

On the other hand, YOU certainly do not need additional light! Your place is extremely bright and cheery. You've done a great job throwing in LOTS of color and light. In fact, I got the sense with the light blue walls that I wasn't even indoors! Congratulations on coming up with an interior decorating scheme that actually didn't make that beautiful Elvish bed look out of place (most do!).

Thank you for inviting me over!

I agree entirely about the lack of inaccessible doors. I've always felt like hobbit holes, especially, should have tons of them, to at least hint at spreading underground tunnels, right?

On the other hand, YOU certainly do not need additional light! Your place is extremely bright and cheery. You've done a great job throwing in LOTS of color and light. In fact, I got the sense with the light blue walls that I wasn't even indoors! Congratulations on coming up with an interior decorating scheme that actually didn't make that beautiful Elvish bed look out of place (most do!).

Thank you for inviting me over!
    Cheers for the kind words! I was quite pleased with how the Elvish bed seemed to fit in, because like you said - they generally seem out of place. But the sky blue walls and red wall columns compliment it quite well!

I couldn't agree more about the doors. It would give a better impression of an extended house rather than a shanty (despite how cheery it is)!

As for the light, it's not necessarily that I want the room brighter from the slotted candles and fireplaces, but I think they should offer a 'glow' that gives the assumption of radiating light (much like the desk candle in Laerdan's room in Rivendell). But that's just my opinion!

Hi Duraim! I have to say, I'm a little jealous that you live on Chestnut St., it's my absolutely favorite street in the Bree-land homestead. Unfortunately, I discovered this *after* I bought my house on Garden Street.

You have a cozy little place, and I was very pleased to be allowed to visit. I don't think I have seen that particular tile floor before, and I was pleasantly surprised. The Dwarf table also looked really good in the corner, and added a lot of class to the room. I've been thinking of getting one of those myself.

Tell me about the trophies - are there stories behind them?
    I have grown rather fond of the area myself. Feel free to drop by any time.

If the fish are the trophies you are referring to they were caught a various times in the rivers and lakes around Bree.

5 Myrtle Court, Sheafton, Shire. Great location right next to the waterfall. Some elf furnishings, since I'm an elf living in the Shire. The slightly threatening main room amuses me though it needs more.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast