We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3184
    I might be confusing the books with the movies, but I seem to recall 42 was the final body count during the contest between Gimli and Legolas.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    You've got it again triple-bam (or is it triple-bu?).

Check out this art...http://www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/14447873

"..and beside them walked Gimli the dwarf. He had no helm, and about his head was a linen band stained with blood; but his voice was loud and strong.

'Forty-two, Master Legolas!' he cried. 'Alas! My axe is notched: the forty-second had an iron collar on his neck. How is it with you?"

J.R.R. Tolkien

The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings

Last edited by Boraxxe; Feb 17 2014 at 12:10 AM.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post

Check out this art...http://www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/14447873

"..and beside them walked Gimli the dwarf. He had no helm, and about his head was a linen band stained with blood; but his voice was loud and strong.

'Forty-two, Master Legolas!' he cried. 'Alas! My axe is notched: the forty-second had an iron collar on his neck. How is it with you?"

J.R.R. Tolkien

The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings

Beautiful artwork, I especially like the painting of Gandalf, very evocative.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yes! Yes it is! Awesome art by the way!

Pullin a bit of a Boraxxe here with the hyphen I reckon but phooey I say!

celestial send-off

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Yes! Yes it is! Awesome art by the way!

Pullin a bit of a Boraxxe here with the hyphen I reckon but phooey I say!

celestial send-off
    Is it the Valar sending the Istari to Middle-Earth?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Caradhras?

You got it, it was quite the thorn to the fellowship.
    Just out of curiosity, what does Caradhras have to do with Snow? It literally means Red Horn. Red Thorn would have made a lot more sense as a clue, now is pretty misleading. I'll give you thorn/horn.

celestial send-off
    How's about Eärendil and Elwing with their story of the silmaril. It was carried by Elwing to Eärendil and later set to path in the sky?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what does Caradhras have to do with Snow? It literally means Red Horn. Red Thorn would have made a lot more sense as a clue, now is pretty misleading. I'll give you thorn/horn.

How's about Eärendil and Elwing with their story of the silmaril. It was carried by Elwing to Eärendil and later set to path in the sky?
    Yeah I could see how that would be confusing, but what was the main reason that the fellowship could not go through the Red-Horn pass? Snow

and for my answer to the riddle is it Tuor?
    Last edited by c_the_awesome; Feb 17 2014 at 04:33 AM.
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

None of the answers in line with what I'm lookin for so far.

A lil hint: think less literal and more poetic.

celestial send-off
    Gandalf speaking to the three friends:

"Naked I was sent back – for a brief time, until my task is done. And naked I lay upon the mountain-top. … There I lay staring upward, while the stars wheeled over, and each day was as long as a life-age of the earth."

—The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, Book Three, Chapter V: "The White Rider"
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

"They rolled the Man slowly up the hill
    and bundled him into the Moon,
    While his horses galloped up in the rear,
    and the cow came capering like a deer,
    and a dish ran up with a spoon"

(quite a send off, reminds me of last Friday)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Boraxxe is the closest so far. He has the right speaker.

Is it Frodo's gift from Galadriel, the phial with the light from Earandil's star? A pretty celestial send-of gift
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Is it Frodo's gift from Galadriel, the phial with the light from Earandil's star? A pretty celestial send-of gift
    The guy just said it was Gandalf.
    [b][color=darkred][i]You cannot pass, I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.[/i][/color][/b]

I could drop another hint here, but it still might take y'all all day and night to get it...

I could drop another hint here, but it still might take y'all all day and night to get it...

Is it:
    "May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks," answered Gandalf, who knew the correct reply.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Is it:
    "May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks," answered Gandalf, who knew the correct reply.
    Indeed it is Master Ed! The turn is yours!

Indeed it is Master Ed! The turn is yours!
    Thanks. The phrase felt quite poetic. next is:

Rock´n roll

(i feel that if - works the ' should be acceptable)

Rock´n roll

Official ruling on the use of ' to join words so as to qualify as one word: technically the phrase you have relayed is "rock and roll", though it has often been abbreviated as you have done. What you are suggesting would actually be an abbreviated form of "Rockin' roll".

However, since today is the anniversary of the first day that I wore a tie-dyed shirt, I am feeling quite magnanimous

Clue accepted (this one time) as a two-word clue.

Rock´n roll

Two guesses.

1. Is it Thorin and Company playing their instruments in Bilbo's house? (The Hobbit book, song played was 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold'.
    2. Is it the songs of the Ainur?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    Two guesses.

1. Is it Thorin and Company playing their instruments in Bilbo's house? (The Hobbit book, song played was 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold'.
    2. Is it the songs of the Ainur?
    neither.

Yo, Boraxxe, I know that ' is for genitive or cases eg: it's, I'm, he'd.
    which of these would be more justified: Rock'n'roll, Rock´n Roll, Rock'n Roll, or something else (your point of view)

Rock´n roll
    Obviously this is referring to the fab four's (Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin) tour of Hobbiton as The Shire Rats...

Obviously this is referring to the fab four's (Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin) tour of Hobbiton as The Shire Rats...
    Tour name: "the Route of the Ring" starts in Hobbiton September 22, ends in New Mordor March 25. Tour sites include include e.g. Fangorn on February 29 and Ithilien March 7.

but it's not the answer to this trivia clue

neither.

Yo, Boraxxe, I know that ' is for genitive or cases eg: it's, I'm, he'd.
    which of these would be more justified: Rock'n'roll, Rock´n Roll, Rock'n Roll, or something else (your point of view)
    My choice would be rock'n'roll

But, any old way you choose it,
    It's got a backbeat, you can't lose it.

(nods to
    Charles Edward Anderson Berry)

Was it the rock rolling on the goblins during the Hobbit movie when they were in the Goblin-King's lair?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast