We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3173
    Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Bladorthin, a customer of the dwarves of Erebor
    Let me explain Bladorthin rhymes with bladder thin/ thin bladder = Incontinent

Gratz to C_ and thanks to Borraxe for explaining my answer
    Last edited by Morthaur; Feb 02 2014 at 06:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    Let me explain Bladorthin rhymes with bladder thin/ thin bladder = Incontinent

Gratz to C_ and thanks to Borraxe for explaining my answer
    Ok, Thanks for the great riddle, here is mine

Snow Thorn
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Snow Thorn
    Is it the shrub Aeglos? It means "snow thorn" in Sindarin.
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    sorry but no
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    sorry but no
    Aeglos was also the name of a weapon. The spear of Gil-galad.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Aeglos was also the name of a weapon. The spear of Gil-galad.
    No not that either.

Snow Thorn
    If it's not Aeglos, which is a direct translation of what you're saying, I suppose you could be going more literal but I'm struggling to see where icicles connect to the lore.

But, I'll try. Is it an icicle?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    If it's not Aeglos, which is a direct translation of what you're saying, I suppose you could be going more literal but I'm struggling to see where icicles connect to the lore.

But, I'll try. Is it an icicle?
    nope it is not an icicle think taller

Celebdil - Silvertine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

nope it is not an icicle think taller
    I've got nothing, sorry. I went through ever mountain, hill and tower I could think of in Middle Earth and nothing really just jumped out at me. I'll guess I'm heading in the wrong direction.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Or Taniquetil/Oiolossë? Both etymologies fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Or Taniquetil/Oiolossë? Both etymologies fit.
    That was the first mountain I thought of, but "high white peak" for Taniquetil and "snow ever-white" for Oiolossë dont' really have anything to do with a thorn, so I tried looking somewhere else for a different idea. Even the Sindarin Amon Uilos just means "ever white mountain" basically. Thorn implies more aggression to me, meant for pricking or deterring something.

Maybe the Pelóri as a whole range because they're meant to stop things from getting in? Sort of like a thorn?
    [/CENTER]

At random-my LI is called swift thorn. Is it a weapon-one that's taller than an icicle?
    edit-sorry saw someone beat me about Gil-galad's spear. NM. I'm stuck.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

The word thorn is figurative and snow should be translated snowy.
    It is a mountain though.
    Last edited by c_the_awesome; Feb 14 2014 at 12:34 AM.

The word thorn is figurative and snow should be translated snowy.
    It is a mountain though.
    Is it Mount Caradhras?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6

Is it Mount Caradhras?
    You got it, it was quite the thorn to the fellowship.

You got it, it was quite the thorn to the fellowship.
    Okay, here is my riddle.

Animal leader

Radagast comes to mind, and so does Tom Bombadil. And while i'm at it why not Shadowfax or Treebeard.
    Last edited by c_the_awesome; Feb 15 2014 at 10:18 AM.

Radagast comes to mind, and so does Tom Bombadil. And while i'm at it why not Shadowfax or Treebeard.
    All very good guesses but nope. What I'm thinking of is that this leader was a leader of a species or group of animals and that this leader is that animal itself.

Thorondor, King of the Great Eagles of Manwe.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Is it Beorn?
    [b][color=darkred][i]You cannot pass, I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.[/i][/color][/b]

Thorondor, King of the Great Eagles of Manwe.
    Okay, this is correct. Boraxxe, you're up.

Ok, here's the next one.

Now, some may say that since this word is hyphenated, it is actually one word and not two words.
    To them I say "phooey". Go ahead, /report me.

Forty-two

Ok, here's the next one.

Now, some may say that since this word is hyphenated, it is actually one word and not two words.
    To them I say "phooey". Go ahead, /report me.

Forty-two
    Hmm, fellow Douglas Adams geek... how about Arda

Hmm, fellow Douglas Adams geek... how about Arda
    Well, that's not a bad guess (fellow Adams geek).
    But this has nothing to do with Life, The Universe, and Everything.
    This has to do with something specifically revealed in LOTR.

Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast