We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3248
    The hound Huan was allowed to speak three times before his death.

Sooooo.... Huan?
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    The hound Huan was allowed to speak three times before his death.

Sooooo.... Huan?
    Woof woof woof...you got it. Your turn Sir Awesome.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

And Widoch you were correct 'bout the previous riddle

This is my first riddle so here it goes

Sunken Treasure
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

Sunken Treasure
    That might be Smaug, the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities (well, deceased calamities...).
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    That might be Smaug, the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities (well, deceased calamities...).
    Oooooh thats good but no

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    How about... the two palantiri that were lost when King Arvedui's ship sank in the frozen northern waters of the Ice Bay of Forochel?
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Sunken Treasure
    Someone already said the palantiri so instead, I'll go with the Silmaril Maglor cast into the sea.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    How about... the two palantiri that were lost when King Arvedui's ship sank in the frozen northern waters of the Ice Bay of Forochel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    Someone already said the palantiri so instead, I'll go with the Silmaril Maglor cast into the sea.
    Both no, here is a hint... the answer as not wet as the others

Both no, here is a hint... the answer as not wet as the others

Ok, how about the One Ring found during a fishing expedition? Again, a bit too wet I suppose...

...hmmm... *Winnie the Pooh Voice*...think...think...think ...

The treasure taken from Tom, Bert and William the rather unlucky trolls during Bilbo's journey to Erebor, buried and then retrieved to be given away to others.

Yes...me thinks this must be it.

Ok, how about the One Ring found during a fishing expedition? Again, a bit too wet I suppose...

...hmmm... *Winnie the Pooh Voice*...think...think...think ...

The treasure taken from Tom, Bert and William the rather unlucky trolls during Bilbo's journey to Erebor, buried and then retrieved to be given away to others.

Yes...me thinks this must be it.

sorry still no

Maedhros threw himself and his Silmaril into a fiery pit where it would sink and still be dry.
    Same can be said of the One Ring which sank into the lava of Orodruin.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ceredig View Post
    Maedhros threw himself and his Silmaril into a fiery pit where it would sink and still be dry.
    ??

Maedhros did come to mind, and really well done if you got it.

Starting to get into the abstract a bit here, and I do hope the answer is not this convoluted, but Thorin, the Arkenstone and his sword are buried which is kind of sunken, I guess. But if we go that direction it could be anything from Moria or Goblin town, a barrow or whatever else is underground. I imagine then I'm heading the wrong direction.

Maedhros did come to mind, and really well done if you got it.

Starting to get into the abstract a bit here, and I do hope the answer is not this convoluted, but Thorin, the Arkenstone and his sword are buried which is kind of sunken, I guess. But if we go that direction it could be anything from Moria or Goblin town, a barrow or whatever else is underground. I imagine then I'm heading the wrong direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceredig View Post
    ??
    Sorry both no, I think i wil give another hint. It is abstract object, not worth more than a glass of water.

Sorry both no, I think i wil give another hint. It is abstract object, not worth more than a glass of water.
    That rules out the Mithril coat. I dunno, I'm on too much cold medicine to think more, sorry.

Not sure about the abstraction, but how about Kheled-zâram reflecting the stars all the time? Or the Durin's crown supposedly sunken there?

Numenor? and since my guess would be too short I'll add Beleriand as well
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Not sure about the abstraction, but how about Kheled-zâram reflecting the stars all the time? Or the Durin's crown supposedly sunken there?
    Correct. Hope you got a good riddle for us

Nice one, always liked that property of Mirrormere.

Let's try this one:

beached stern

Im beached as

Voronwe

Stern ~ Steadfast? found washed up on a beach by Tuor
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    Im beached as

Voronwe

Stern ~ Steadfast? found washed up on a beach by Tuor
    Nice try, but wrong direction.

beached stern

Is that anything like a beach bum?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Is that anything like a beach bum?
    Well, Tolkien never elaborated on what Elves and Men really did on the beaches of Middle-Earth, so the concept of beach bums is left to our imagination.

The citadel of Minas Tirith has been described as looking like a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    The citadel of Minas Tirith has been described as looking like a ship.
    Good one, but that'd be rather "prow" than "stern".
    Think more nautical.

beached stern

Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast