We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3173
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Given your response to the last guess I'll assume that summit is literal, i.e. a hill, mountain or other high place, as opposed to a meeting.
    So, how about Cloudyhead/Fanuidhol/Bundushathûr?
    This mountain was so tall that the dwarven name means "head in the clouds".
    Sound logic but you are thinking too literal.

OK maybe it is a meeting then, how about Entmoot? The ents are certainly tall

OK maybe it is a meeting then, how about Entmoot? The ents are certainly tall
    No, you were going the right way about the summit before, the key lies with the "tallest"

tallest summit

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    No, you were going the right way about the summit before, the key lies with the "tallest"

tallest summit
    Caradhras is the tallest summit in middle-earth. Taniquitel is in Aman and therefore not actually in middle-earth but in The Undying Lands.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Caradhras is the tallest summit in middle-earth. Taniquitel is in Aman and therefore not actually in middle-earth but in The Undying Lands.
    Still too straightforward. I used "tallest" instead of "highest" for a reason.

Still too straightforward. I used "tallest" instead of "highest" for a reason.
    Well then...
    How about:

The Endless Stair which rises from deep in the depths of Moria to the top of Celebdil?
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Well then...
    How about:

The Endless Stair which rises from deep in the depths of Moria to the top of Celebdil?
    Interesting, but no. Think laterally.

tallest summit

I started to think that this riddle might be an etymological one, but the best answer I can find so far that way is that Halbarad possibly means Tall Tower, though tower doesn't equate very well with summit. Will keep thinking...
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    I started to think that this riddle might be an etymological one, but the best answer I can find so far that way is that Halbarad possibly means Tall Tower, though tower doesn't equate very well with summit. Will keep thinking...
    Don't depart far from "summit" as Stride correctly surmised.

Hint: but your actual guess nevertheless is a good one in a lateral way.
    Last edited by Egorvlad; Dec 12 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Mt Doom from the ring bearers perspective, the climb started at Hobbiton. (or possibly crickhollow if you want to be finicky about it)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    Mt Doom from the ring bearers perspective, the climb started at Hobbiton. (or possibly crickhollow if you want to be finicky about it)
    Nope, not that, see the hint above

tallest summit

Nope, not that, see the hint above

tallest summit
    The Entmoot that Treebeard arranged.

The Entmoot that Treebeard arranged.
    Not that, but now we are going in the right direction with the tall stuff. Anything else "tall" connected with any quite literal summit?

Not that, but now we are going in the right direction with the tall stuff. Anything else "tall" connected with any quite literal summit?
    The White Tower of Ecthelion? It's tall and on the summit of Minas Tirith.

If not that maybe Elostirion, the tallest of the elf-towers on the tower hills?

The White Tower of Ecthelion? It's tall and on the summit of Minas Tirith.

If not that maybe Elostirion, the tallest of the elf-towers on the tower hills?
    No, no, departing from the biggest clue. "Halbarad" and "Treebeard" were in the right direction.

I'm thinking Elendil the Tall would be included in this somehow, but the only summit that comes to mind is him battling Sauron on the slopes of Orodruin?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    I'm thinking Elendil the Tall would be included in this somehow, but the only summit that comes to mind is him battling Sauron on the slopes of Orodruin?
    Are you sure it's the only summit associated with him?

Hmmm...

Halifirien

Hmmm...

Halifirien
    Ah, that sounds like the better answer. I knew somebody would put it together!

Hmmm...

Halifirien
    Exactly. The winding path finally led us here. An obscure but interesting piece of lore.
    Cheers! Go for it.

Ok, here's the next:

over priced

Ok, here's the next:

over priced
    Bill the pony?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Bill the pony?
    Well, that was quick!

Yer up Eddie!

Well, that was quick!

Yer up Eddie!
    "Strong brew"

I'll take a punt on the drink that the Uruk-Hai gave to Merry and Pippin to keep them going when crossing Rohan.

Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast