We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 88 of 127 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3157
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    The Beryl left in the mud on the top span of the Last Bridge
    Nice to see you here again Morthaur.

Bingo!

Correct answer!
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Probably too easy for you guys but:
    Hound Hobbit
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/RJkBG9j.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by shamgor View Post
    Probably too easy for you guys but:
    Hound Hobbit
    It is the established convention that a person must correctly answer a question before posting one of their own, so currently Morthaur has the floor.

But since we're awaiting the next riddle, I will indulge you with a guess: Farmer Maggot was famous for his hounds.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Trolls Breakfast

(I'm looking for his name)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    It is the established convention that a person must correctly answer a question before posting one of their own, so currently Morthaur has the floor.

But since we're awaiting the next riddle, I will indulge you with a guess: Farmer Maggot was famous for his hounds.
    sorry i did not realize this. and yes you are correct
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/RJkBG9j.png[/img]

Trolls Breakfast

(I'm looking for his name)

By any chance that would be Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    By any chance that would be Tim?
    Gah was just about to post the same, Tom Bombadil's n'uncle Tim from the Troll Song. Not sure where the 'breakfast' bit fits in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by shamgor View Post
    sorry i did not realize this. and yes you are correct
    No problem. Get a riddle correct and then you can stupify us all with your crafty riddles! Cheers.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Gah was just about to post the same, Tom Bombadil's n'uncle Tim from the Troll Song. Not sure where the 'breakfast' bit fits in mind.
    Well, it's the only sentient troll meal that I can recall. And the troll did intend to dine on Tom (not Bombadil though) next, so maybe Tim was a light breakfast before that.

Gratz Egorvlad, uncle Tim was the name of the meal (maybe breakfast was not specified but since the poem is from a hobbits point of view and they have several breakfasts my money is on that was the interrupted meal), is the poem about Tom Bombadil?, or a hobbit also named Tom, Bombadil wasn't lame unlike the troll kicking protagonist of the poem. Hmm but on second thoughts since trolls are nocturnal maybe they cant be found eating breakfast, I guess it depends on your point of view.
    Last edited by Morthaur; Nov 25 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Gratz Egorvlad, uncle Tim was the name of the meal (maybe breakfast was not specified but since the poem is from a hobbits point of view and they have several breakfasts my money is on that was the interrupted meal), is the poem about Tom Bombadil?, or a hobbit also named Tom, Bombadil wasn't lame unlike the troll kicking protagonist of the poem. Hmm but on second thoughts since trolls are nocturnal maybe they cant be found eating breakfast, I guess it depends on your point of view.
    A case could be made about Tom wandering along the road very early during a gloomy morning hence allowing the troll to eat his breakfast in the absense of the sun. And no, the Tom in the song is unrelated to Bombadil, they only share a name and maybe a certain flippancy concerning trolls.

Let's have the next one:

wandering minstrel

A case could be made about Tom wandering along the road very early during a gloomy morning hence allowing the troll to eat his breakfast in the absense of the sun. And no, the Tom in the song is unrelated to Bombadil, they only share a name and maybe a certain flippancy concerning trolls.

Let's have the next one:

wandering minstrel
    Gandalf has many attributes which are quite minstrel-like. And he sure is wandering

Let's have the next one:

wandering minstrel
    Daeron of Doriath? He was known as the greatest musician in Middle Earth and was given the name 'The Minstrel', he loved Luthien and tried to find her but failed and ended up wandering the Blue Mountains in his grief (if memory serves).

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Gandalf has many attributes which are quite minstrel-like. And he sure is wandering
    Gandalf is way too secretive for a minstrel.

Daeron of Doriath? He was known as the greatest musician in Middle Earth and was given the name 'The Minstrel', he loved Luthien and tried to find her but failed and ended up wandering the Blue Mountains in his grief (if memory serves).
    Daeron is one of the two answers that fit in fact. I actually meant another minstrel of Daeron's calibre who never stopped wandering. Daeron settled in the Ered Luin after learning of Luthien's fate.
    Though I'm willing to concede this answer unless you want to find the original one.

I vote for Stride to have a go!
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

The other wandering elf noted for his singing voice was Maglor, who spent his time singing laments about the lost silmarils for the next two ages (not that he was observed doing this beyond the first age).

Other lost or wandering elves are Daeron, Elurin, Elured, and Lenwe. Why did the elves who missed these elves not check the halls of Mandos to see if the missing elves had arrived, as I understand it only elves like Feanor could expect a long stay in the halls, surely innocents like Elwes' sons would have been "re embodied" in Aman and thus become unlost, could relatives visit the halls of Mandos to search for or chat with relatives?, was Glorfindels re - embodiment considered "quick" and has return to middle earth the unusual part of the story or was his length of stay in the halls of Mandos atypical?.

The other wandering elf noted for his singing voice was Maglor, who spent his time singing laments about the lost silmarils for the next two ages (not that he was observed doing this beyond the first age).

Other lost or wandering elves are Daeron, Elurin, Elured, and Lenwe. Why did the elves who missed these elves not check the halls of Mandos to see if the missing elves had arrived, as I understand it only elves like Feanor could expect a long stay in the halls, surely innocents like Elwes' sons would have been "re embodied" in Aman and thus become unlost, could relatives visit the halls of Mandos to search for or chat with relatives?, was Glorfindels re - embodiment considered "quick" and has return to middle earth the unusual part of the story or was his length of stay in the halls of Mandos atypical?.
    Indeed, Maglor is our ultimate wandering singer. It's even theorized that he may have wandered all the way into the Third Age, poor fella.

As for lost Elves in general, they are legion. Apparently elvish bookkeeping has always been lacking.
    Halls of Mandos were definitely closed to the living and the length of stay sure varied (although Elves have rather different perception of "short" and "long"). And Glorfindel's return from Valinor is very much a singular case. So whichever ones were eventually "found" again in Aman, no one in Middle-Earth ever received the memo.

ok my clue is "Silver Midas"

OK wild guess:

Famously everything Midas touched turned to gold, perhaps this one turns stuff to silver, so maybe Gandalf touching the walls of Moria to reveal the gates outlined in Ithildin which is made of mithril or true-silver.

Uhhh...what happened?

I thought Stride was gonna give us a new riddle?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

I think I got gazumped he he no worries, my answer was close but not on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Uhhh...what happened?

I thought Stride was gonna give us a new riddle?
    Morthaur guessed the original answer before that.

a
    OK wild guess:

Famously everything Midas touched turned to gold, perhaps this one turns stuff to silver, so maybe Gandalf touching the walls of Moria to reveal the gates outlined in Ithildin which is made of mithril or true-silver.
    A good guess Stride. I will offer an alternate: the 7 Dwarven Rings of Power, which were said to 'need gold to breed gold', and so could be considered a type of Midas touch.

Sorry no correct guesses to date, Boraxxe usually gets these ones.

Strides Mithril direction is a good start though

Ah reckon I might have it now...

a reference to Tar-Telemmaitë whose greed for mithril earned him the moniker 'King Silverhand'?

Page 88 of 127 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 ... LastLast