We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 84 of 129 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3218
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Frodo's twinge of pain on the first anniversary of his wounding with the Morgul Blade.
    no, that's not so close. More than one year late

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    no, that's not so close. More than one year late
    I am just going to list some things we know based on the hints. Maybe it will help someone solve this.

This is referring to a twinge of pain.
    It may or may not be a twinge felt by Frodo.
    It was felt more than one year before Frodo was stabbed by the Witch King at Weathertop with the Morgul Blade.
    It was the 'first" twinge. That implies that it is repeated.

I think that is all we can say for sure.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    I am just going to list some things we know based on the hints. Maybe it will help someone solve this.

It was felt more than one year before Frodo was stabbed by the Witch King at Weathertop with the Morgul Blade.

I think that is all we can say for sure.
    Afraid I've gotta disagree with your detective work there boraxxe. We know only that it happened before Frodo's stabbing by the Witch King. In order for us to know for certain that it happened more than a year before the "Knife in the Dark" we would need Eddie' to have said it was more that two years late. Ya see what I'm sayin'?
    I'm not sayin' nothin'. I'm just sayin'.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

May be going too far off the mark and I can't recall the exact details, but here's my guess...

When Gandalf first begins to suspect Bilbo's ring is the One Ring?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Afraid I've gotta disagree with your detective work there boraxxe. We know only that it happened before Frodo's stabbing by the Witch King. In order for us to know for certain that it happened more than a year before the "Knife in the Dark" we would need Eddie' to have said it was more that two years late. Ya see what I'm sayin'?
    I'm not sayin' nothin'. I'm just sayin'.
    You are right. I misstated that.
    We only know it happened before the stabbing.
    Thanks.

(OH, and welcome back bambu3)
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Maybe another hint would do.

"Don't leave the path!"

Hmmm,
    Bilbo sticking a spider with Sting in Mirkwood.

Hmmm,
    Bilbo sticking a spider with Sting in Mirkwood.
    Spot on. May I specify that it was that occasion when he named the blade Sting

Next:

Concealing seat

Thanks for the welcome back Boraxxe !

I'll take a wild stab and say the encircling mountains of Gondolin?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Thanks for the welcome back Boraxxe !

I'll take a wild stab and say the encircling mountains of Gondolin?
    not that, wrong track

Next:

Concealing seat
    Denethor being the 'King' of Gondor? To be perfectly honest I had to Google who was ruling Gondor before Aragorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    Denethor being the 'King' of Gondor? To be perfectly honest I had to Google who was ruling Gondor before Aragorn.
    Both of the last two answers have been reasonable guesses, but both are on the wrong track.

Could it be as simple as the Dark Throne of Morgoth then? Or Sauron?

Could it be as simple as the Dark Throne of Morgoth then? Or Sauron?
    Yes.
    But why? Just being dark does not render it concealing.

The riddle stick is yours bambu3, but I am hoping you can provide a reason for why your answer is correct.

Yes.
    But why? Just being dark does not render it concealing.

The riddle stick is yours bambu3, but I am hoping you can provide a reason for why your answer is correct.
    Even though I have read the story, I have to admit I did not recall this on my own and found it with some help. The fact that Morgoth's throne was large enough for Beren to hide underneath is what you are looking for yes?

New one coming soon...

Here we go...

hasty allies

Ents

The only reference to being hasty in the Lord of the Rings that I can think of is with the Ents.
    They are allies to the Free Peoples (sort of ) and Treebeard declares that they may have been too hasty with there decision to attack Isengard.
    So, is it Ents?

Quote Originally Posted by lark1997 View Post
    The only reference to being hasty in the Lord of the Rings that I can think of is with the Ents.
    They are allies to the Free Peoples (sort of ) and Treebeard declares that they may have been too hasty with there decision to attack Isengard.
    So, is it Ents?
    nope not Ents

Try not to get caught up in the word itself as much as the meaning

Here we go...

hasty allies
    I'll take a punt on Gimli and Legolas, IIRC they were said to be "becoming fast friends".

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    I'll take a punt on Gimli and Legolas, IIRC they were said to be "becoming fast friends".
    Sorta but think 'bigger'...

I'm thinking Huorns, being far more hasty and abrupt than Ents. I can't really call the Ents hasty, so I don't think they count. Unless you mean by hasty allies something like allies to the hasty, in which case Ents work.

I reckon I made a mistake in choosing words especially with 'hasty'. Maybe this will help...

Change it to hurried alliance

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    I reckon I made a mistake in choosing words especially with 'hasty'. Maybe this will help...

Change it to hurried alliance
    So many potential answers still. I'll guess the Fellowship (the nine walkers). Time was running short. Not only was summer waning and winter drawing on apace, a most inauspicious season for a cross country trek, especially a trans-mountain journey. Also, the Dark Lord was in a rush to recover what he lost and he had intelligence that it was in the possession of a hobbit, and he was prepared to move heaven and earth to find it. Time was of the essence, indeed.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Ghan-buri-ghan and King Theoden

Page 84 of 129 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast