We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3248
    Ill go for Aragorn:

Strider
    Elessar
    Thongoril

It could be either the roads that led to Mordor or the crossroad that Sam & Frodo found, where they saw the statue of the king crowned.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    I thought of that too. But he carried Gandalf in "The Hobbit" too. From the burning trees to the eagles place and to Carroc. But it would have made sense imo
    Just read an interesting article on that. It said that the lord of the eagles carried the hobbits and Gandalf, but his name was not mentioned, but I thought of that incident from "The Hobbit" too.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Just read an interesting article on that. It said that the lord of the eagles carried the hobbits and Gandalf, but his name was not mentioned, but I thought of that incident from "The Hobbit" too.
    Incident or not is part of the whole story, the name is Gwaihir but I bet you knew that

How about Gwaihir "The Windlord" who "Stretched his wings" (and ostensibly his legs) in carrying Gandalf, once when he rescued him from Orthanc, again when he found him on a peak of the misty mountains (drawing a total blank on the name of the peak) after he was sent back to Middle-earth as Gandalf the White and delivered him to the eaves of Fangorn forest, and finally, a third time in search of Frodo and Samwise after the destruction of the ring.
    Nope, the use of stretch was less literal than stretching of wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    Ill go for Aragorn:

Strider
    Elessar
    Thongoril
    Sorry but no.

Frodo then?

Captured by:

1 the barrow-wight
    2 Shelob
    3 the orcs of Cirith Ungol
    Another good guess but not the character I had in mind.

Another clue: The character I have in mind is very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Nope, the use of stretch was less literal than stretching of wings.

Sorry but no.

Another good guess but not the character I had in mind.

Another clue: The character I have in mind is very powerful.
    How about Melkor/Morgoth

He served a sort of imprisonment (or outprisonment) in the void after The Battle Of Powers. That sentence lasted "three ages"

How about Melkor/Morgoth

He served a sort of imprisonment (or outprisonment) in the void after The Battle Of Powers. That sentence lasted "three ages"
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

You're up Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

You're up Eddie.
    Nice one

Next is a

"Who´s there?"

Nice one

Next is a

"Who´s there?"
    Thorins, & he is not happy that you (Bilbo) received the dwarf king in a not polite manner & open the door sudenly at the same time the other dwarfs pile over him, smashing him on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Thorins, & he is not happy that you (Bilbo) received the dwarf king in a not polite manner & open the door sudenly at the same time the other dwarfs pile over him, smashing him on the floor.
    That´s a good answer and technically also right, but I thought of something slightly more subtle/less clear. Guess again

The troll pocket to Bilbo, The trolls to Bilbo, Golum to Bilbo at his cave, Smaugh to invisible Bilbo, Melkor to masked Luthien. Who's there is way too general. It have lot of anwers.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The troll pocket to Bilbo, The trolls to Bilbo, Golum to Bilbo at his cave, Smaugh to invisible Bilbo, Melkor to masked Luthien. Who's there is way too general. It have lot of anwers.
    Ok hint: think of it as a clue to the actual clue

Those are riddles in the dark.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    The thrush pecking at a snail at the Lonely Mountain mini-door at which Bilbo was to "sit on the doorstep" and think of a way to get at Smaug's horde.
    The Thrush was pecking out "knock knock".
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    The thrush pecking at a snail at the Lonely Mountain mini-door at which Bilbo was to "sit on the doorstep" and think of a way to get at Smaug's horde.
    The Thrush was pecking out "knock knock".
    Aand Boraxxe's up.
    although who's there on Durins day when the tresh pecked?
    but it's the right situation and context so...

Ok here'e the next one. This will be a two-step riddle. In other words, the clue will lead out of Tolkien related material and that result will lead back to a Tolkien related answer.

Disraeli single
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Ok here'e the next one. This will be a two-step riddle. In other words, the clue will lead out of Tolkien related material and that result will lead back to a Tolkien related answer.

Disraeli single
    Ent draught, a strange brew. "Strange Brew" was a single from the album "Disraeli Gears" by Cream.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Ent draught, a strange brew. "Strange Brew" was a single from the album "Disraeli Gears" by Cream.
    You are dancin' the 2-step!

You picked one of the 3 possible answers (and quite quickly too).
    The other 2 strange brews were Miruvor (Elf liqueur provided by Elrond to Gandalf to assist with the journey of the nine walkers) and the orc brew that the orcs forced Merry to drink during his captivity (along with Pippin) on the way to Fangorn Forest.

Yer up!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    Incident or not is part of the whole story, the name is Gwaihir but I bet you knew that
    Well, yeah, which is why I referred to him as Gwaihir in my guess.

However it is up for debate if Gwaihir was one of the eagles that saved Thorin and Company, as it is said by Gandalf in Return of the King that Gwaihir has carried him twice, while the proper counting would be three if Gwaihir was Lord of the Eagles. -Lord of the Rings Wiki-
    The hobbit only refers to the eagle who led the rescue of Thorin and co. as Lord of the Eagles

Well, yeah, which is why I referred to him as Gwaihir in my guess.

The hobbit only refers to the eagle who led the rescue of Thorin and co. as Lord of the Eagles
    Although wasn't it said that Gandalf had rescued an eagle from a poisoned arrow. Don't remember who was specified tough

The other 2 strange brews were Miruvor (Elf liqueur provided by Elrond to Gandalf to assist with the journey of the nine walkers) and the orc brew that the orcs forced Merry to drink during his captivity (along with Pippin) on the way to Fangorn Forest.

Yer up!
    I almost felt guilty answering because it seemed tailored specifically to me. I love that album and wore out (quite literally) a vinyl copy of it as a teen and young adult. I of course thought of Miruvor and the orc licquor, but have always been delighted by the account of M. and P. drinking ent draught and growing taller than Bullroarer as a result.
    Have to think a bit on a new riddle. It shall be forthcoming.

Although wasn't it said that Gandalf had rescued an eagle from a poisoned arrow. Don't remember who was specified tough
    Yes and most people believe that eagle to have been Gwaihir the Windlord, though not really sure it's specified.

Yer up!
    Clue; Titan Characters

Clue; Titan Characters
    What? You want the entire list?....grin.

What? You want the entire list?....grin.
    Nope, no list, just a two word answer.

Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast