We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 79 of 124 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3091
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyFat View Post
    Really sorry, I hadn't seen that before. Well, I shall give you hint thenne of the books within the first five of the History of Middle-earth.
    Years ago I read Morgoth's ring, unfinished tales and lays of beleriand(sp?) but have no access currently to those works.

Really sorry, I hadn't seen that before. Well, I shall give you hint thenne of the books within the first five of the History of Middle-earth.
    Duathrandir brings up a good point. Most of us are familiar with the works listed in the OP. Instead of continuing with the current riddle, I would be for a new one if it's cool with y'all. What say you ReallyFat?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Aww, so sorry about that... in any case, the answer was indeed the rainbow that the Valar are said to have made as their road across all of Arda in the Book of Lost Tales. Here is another, this time from canon works:

Plowed visage.

Aww, so sorry about that... in any case, the answer was indeed the rainbow that the Valar are said to have made as their road across all of Arda in the Book of Lost Tales. Here is another, this time from canon works:

Plowed visage.
    The first thing that comes to mind when you say plowed visage is Morgoth (or Melkor, depending on your way of interpretation) being drawn away from most of the Valar, and creating Discord during the Song of Creation.

EDIT: I do admit that I had to look on a wiki to remember the name of the Discord... Wasn't that hard but I just, forgot...

My guess is Denethor II. When Pippin first saw him he was described as having a carved face.
    Last edited by bambubambubambu; Sep 09 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Plowed visage.
    ReallyFat come and check who's right/wrong! I wanna know the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind when you say plowed visage is Morgoth (or Melkor, depending on your way of interpretation) being drawn away from most of the Valar, and creating Discord during the Song of Creation.

EDIT: I do admit that I had to look on a wiki to remember the name of the Discord... Wasn't that hard but I just, forgot...
    I would also guess Morgoth, but for a different reason entirely. Thorondor "plowed" his visage. When he went to desecrate Fingolfin's body Thorondor raked Morgoth's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    I would also guess Morgoth, but for a different reason entirely. Thorondor "plowed" his visage. When he went to desecrate Fingolfin's body Thorondor raked Morgoth's eyes.
    I'll guess Thorondor, hoping Plowed Visage is a verb and a noun instead Plowed acting as an adjective.

Been weeks since ReallyFat posted on this. What do y'all say to someone else taking a turn and we can go back to this one if ReallyFat returns?

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Been weeks since ReallyFat posted on this. What do y'all say to someone else taking a turn and we can go back to this one if ReallyFat returns?
    Makes sense to me, go for it to get the thread restarted.

How bout we get the ball rollin with ...wait for it...more alliteration!!! Didn't see that one comin' eh?

Here ya go...

Blade brethren

Bambu nice, Ill try to answer this:

Blade brethen, Blade could be Narsil or Anduril and brethen is Rangers of Arnor.

Is it ranger of arnor?

Blade Brethren - Anglachel and Anguirel, forged from the same meteorite by Eöl the Dark Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Blade Brethren - Anglachel and Anguirel, forged from the same meteorite by Eöl the Dark Elf.
    I was thinking Orcrist and Glamdring, but upon reflection I think yours is the better guess Wilros.

I was thinking Orcrist and Glamdring, but upon reflection I think yours is the better guess Wilros.
    You got it Duath, but I have to agree Wilros has a really cool answer. Totally forgot 'bout that one! The riddle stick is yours if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    You got it Duath, but I have to agree Wilros has a really cool answer. Totally forgot 'bout that one! The riddle stick is yours if you want it.
    I need a bit of time to think. I'll take it but if Wilros is ready, I will happily defer for a time. once I come up w/ something, if Wil' hasn't posted one I will post mine.

I need a bit of time to think. I'll take it but if Wilros is ready, I will happily defer for a time. once I come up w/ something, if Wil' hasn't posted one I will post mine.
    As Wil' hasn't posted one and I have one I'll go.

Rake Jetty

As Wil' hasn't posted one and I have one I'll go.

Rake Jetty
    Crebain? Or even more secretive, Mewlips?

Ill try to redeem myself for my lousy answer previously.

Rake Jetty

As lonely island that moved elves to Valinor by Ulmo the Valar

Aideani and Al, negative on both. Al, geographically (were I going for that) jetty wouldn't equate to island, but rather to cape or peninsula.

Aideani and Al, negative on both. Al, geographically (were I going for that) jetty wouldn't equate to island, but rather to cape or peninsula.
    then Ill go for Cape Balar. rakes birchwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    rakes birchwood.
    I'm not even sure what that means.

I'm not even sure what that means.
    is it correct?

rake as an verb, to rake. Birchwood(Place) is raked by Cape of Balar
    Last edited by Al.; Sep 30 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    is it correct?

rake as an verb, to rake. Birchwood(Place) is raked by Cape of Balar
    It is not indeed correct. In fact, one might say it is incorrect indeed. In the case of my riddle rake is a noun not a verb. Jetty is also a noun though not geological nor geographical. The answer is but a single word.

It is not indeed correct. In fact, one might say it is incorrect indeed. In the case of my riddle rake is a noun not a verb. Jetty is also a noun though not geological nor geographical. The answer is but a single word.
    A hint?

You said jetty was geographical previously, you aren't changing it are you?

Page 79 of 124 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast