We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3250
  1. #1901
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Ah perhaps something like Hardbottle, ancestral home of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  2. #1902
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Ah perhaps something like Hardbottle, ancestral home of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins?
    No perhaps about it.
    You got it bambu3. You're up.


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  3. #1903
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    I accept the riddle-stick with honor, humbleness, and humility...

    Let's see what y'all make of...

    bone ballad
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  4. #1904
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    I accept the riddle-stick with honor, humbleness, and humility...

    Let's see what y'all make of...

    bone ballad
    Sam Gamgee's poem The Stone Troll.


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  5. #1905
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Sam Gamgee's poem The Stone Troll.
    I fail to see
    Why the likes o' thee
    W/o aksin' leave
    should go makin' free
    w/ the shank or shin
    o' me father's kin...
    That was going to be my guess too Boraxxe
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Aug 20 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

  6. #1906
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Sam Gamgee's poem The Stone Troll.
    Dagnabit I figured that'd take a lil bit longer. After this next one I vote Boraxxe takes a month off from guessin' on the trivia threads. Who's with me on this?

    Edit: Oh I guess I didn't actually say it, but yes that was it and you're up Boraxxe! Heh.
    Last edited by bambubambubambu; Aug 20 2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  7. #1907
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Ok, here's the next one:

    Toothless viper


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  8. #1908
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Ok, here's the next one:

    Toothless viper
    Viper got me thinking dragons, and a toothless viper sounded like a wingless dragon, such as Glaurung, or alternately the dragon Scatha actually became toothless after he was slain, as Fram sent his teeth to the dwarves as an insult instead of sharing Scatha's hoard with them.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

  9. #1909
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Viper got me thinking dragons, and a toothless viper sounded like a wingless dragon, such as Glaurung, or alternately the dragon Scatha actually became toothless after he was slain, as Fram sent his teeth to the dwarves as an insult instead of sharing Scatha's hoard with them.
    Creative logic, unfortunately, thats not what I'm looking for.


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  10. #1910
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,450
    Grima Wyrmtongue

  11. #1911
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    Grima Wyrmtongue
    Not Grima. I think Gandalf did call him a witless worm though.


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  12. #1912
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Ok, here's the next one:

    Toothless viper
    Saruman?

    When Gandalf learns from Treebeard that Saruman has left Isengard:

    "'A snake without fangs may crawl where he will.'
    'You may be right,' said Gandalf; 'but this snake had still one tooth left, I think."

  13. #1913
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Saruman?

    When Gandalf learns from Treebeard that Saruman has left Isengard:

    "'A snake without fangs may crawl where he will.'
    'You may be right,' said Gandalf; 'but this snake had still one tooth left, I think."
    Thats it Stride!
    Well done.


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  14. #1914
    OK here's the next one: abrupt conflagration

  15. #1915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118
    Denethor's pyre, and the resulting destruction to the building?

  16. #1916
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,293
    How about Smaug's destruction of Dale?


    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

  17. #1917
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    OK here's the next one: abrupt conflagration
    Sounds like what happens after I eat too much chili...
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  18. #1918
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    OK here's the next one: abrupt conflagration
    Huh.... I'm utterly dumbfounded on this one. Could it be the explosion of the wall at the Battle of Hornburg?

    EDIT: I had to go on Google images for that one..... I thought Helm's Deep and then lost my train of thought..... to Google images!

  19. #1919
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    OK here's the next one: abrupt conflagration
    Might it be the lighting of the beacons?
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

  20. #1920
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    OK here's the next one: abrupt conflagration
    Dagor Bragollach, the Battle of Sudden Flame.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

  21. #1921
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Dagor Bragollach, the Battle of Sudden Flame.
    I bet you're right Wilros. I should've thought of that as much as I love the Silmarillion.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

  22. #1922
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Dagor Bragollach, the Battle of Sudden Flame.
    Yep that's it: abrupt = sudden, conflagration = fire/flame
    Good riddling, you're up.

  23. #1923
    OK, next one: Sun Tomb
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

  24. #1924
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    OK, next one: Sun Tomb
    When you say sun tomb the first thing that comes to mind is Balin's Tomb.

  25. #1925
    How about Tom Bombadil opening the barrow to rescue the hobbits?

    "A low door-like opening appeared at the end of the chamber beyond Frodo's feet; and there was Tom's head (hat, feather, and all) framed against the light of the sun rising red behind him."

 

 
Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload