We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptar View Post
    Hurmph, maybe Pippin & Merry (Peregrine & Meriadoc), Frodo & Sam (Samwise)....
    Oh, there it is....Diamond of Long Cleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    You are on the right track, but not there yet.
    Pippin married Diamond of Long Cleeve after he became Thain.

EDIT: gah, beaten to it.
    Last edited by StrideColossus; Aug 09 2013 at 07:19 AM.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Oh, there it is....Diamond of Long Cleeve!

Grats. That's it. Peregrine's (falcon's) Diamond (rhombus). Pippin's wife, Diamond of Long Cleeve.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, Count your change, And try to walk the line"

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Grats. That's it. Peregrine's (falcon's) Diamond (rhombus). Pippin's wife, Diamond of Long Cleeve.
    Well I'll be... Good job Ptar
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Fairy Boat?

Too easy, I know.

Fairy Boat?

Too easy, I know.
    Could this be Galadriel's swan shaped boat?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Could this be Galadriel's swan shaped boat?
    It might have been, but it's not. And your on the right track as it were.

I used the "?" like we use them in the crossword puzzles around here, so there's a pun (often a bad one) in the clue. You got that I used fairy in sense of fae, sidhe, etc.

Now, listen to the words.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    It might have been, but it's not. And your on the right track as it were.

I used the "?" like we use them in the crossword puzzles around here, so there's a pun (often a bad one) in the clue. You got that I used fairy in sense of fae, sidhe, etc.

Now, listen to the words.
    Perhaps the ship that carried G, Frodo, Bilbo, et al to Aman, or Vingilot, which Earendil and Elwing sailed to the same destination.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Perhaps the ship that carried G, Frodo, Bilbo, et al to Aman, or Vingilot, which Earendil and Elwing sailed to the same destination.
    Not quite right.

A little more abstract perhaps? The Moon which was steered like a boat by Tilion?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

A little more abstract perhaps? The Moon which was steered like a boat by Tilion?
    Ah, but it wasn't a /fairy/ boat.

The Buckleberry ferry boat.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, Count your change, And try to walk the line"

The Buckleberry ferry boat.
    Okay. We have ferry boat and elves. I didn't expect this to be that difficult...

Okay. We have ferry boat and elves. I didn't expect this to be that difficult...
    OK then, how about the ferry boat kept by the Elves of Mirkwood on the Enchanted River?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    OK then, how about the ferry boat kept by the Elves of Mirkwood on the Enchanted River?
    No, nor Cirdan's boats at the Grey Havens. I'm looking for a particular boat, ferry as it were.

The Lonely Isle that Ulmo used to ferry the elves to Aman.

The Lonely Isle that Ulmo used to ferry the elves to Aman.
    Yes, but, it has a name. I won't give credit without it.

"The Lonely Isle" is one of it's names along with Eressea.

"The Lonely Isle" is one of it's names along with Eressea.
    Tol Eressea is the elves ferry boat. Twice Ulmo ferried the elves to Aman. It now lays moored in the Bay of Eldamar.

Ok, new clue:

tough container

Ok, new clue:

tough container
    First thing that pops in my head is the mithril coat Thorin gave Bilbo. Reckon it ain't gonna be that easy though.

First thing that pops in my head is the mithril coat Thorin gave Bilbo. Reckon it ain't gonna be that easy though.
    Nope. Not that easy.

Ok, new clue:

tough container
    Shall the answer be the barrels that Thorin and Co. rode down the Running River/one through Mirkwood whose name I have forgotten.... They never mentioned it so I don't know what to call it......

But yes my answer is Thorin and the company riding in the barrels. That's the first thing to pop into my head.

It's either that or it's the scales and diamonds that Smaug had covered his body in.

Ok, new clue:

tough container
    Bit of a wild stab: could it be the casket of Black Lebethron wood that carried the Crown of Gondor for Aragorns' coronation?

A casket is definitely a 'container', though I must admit I'm struggling with 'tough', other than the fact that Lebethron was apparently a hardwood.

Neither casket, nor barrel, nor hide of dragon.

The clue is metaphorical rather than descriptive. And there is also a bit of word play involved. You are not really looking for a thing.

Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast