We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3156
    A flight also means an act of fleeing. My guess is the departure of Elendil & sons from Numenor.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    A flight also means an act of fleeing. My guess is the departure of Elendil & sons from Numenor.
    On that note, there is also the Flight of the Noldor.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    The Winding Stair near the top of the Cirith Ungol stairs.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

nope to all three!

flight is an action in this case, not an object. Looking for the person, persons or things who did it and where it occurred. I'll give a more substantive hint tomorrow if there are no further guesses.

How bout the Flight to the Ford? The passage including Frodo fleeing from the Black Riders on Glorfindel's horse. It was pretty far.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Ok, to get this moving...

said flight occurs on a stair but is not itself the stair.

Well then, I'll go back to my guess of the Endless Stair, but instead of the stair itself it could be Gandalf's pursuit of Durin's Bane up the stairs for several days?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Grats, Wilros. I knew that would make it too easy, but there wasn't much in the way to give as a hint that wouldn't have been a dead give away.

OK, here's a new riddle: Yellow Roost

The pile of gold that Smaug or Glaurung napped upon.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

A very plausible answer, but not the one I’m looking for!

The Golden Perch, home of the best beer in the Eastfarthing.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    The Golden Perch, home of the best beer in the Eastfarthing.
    Correct bambu-thrice! A fairly simple riddle, but the best I could do with work being a bit busy these days. We await your two word trivia puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Correct bambu-thrice! A fairly simple riddle, but the best I could do with work being a bit busy these days. We await your two word trivia puzzle.
    Simple is good! Reckon it's why I gots the answer!

Okay let's see how long this one takes...

contrary climber

If I am remembering this correctly, Gollum had an uncanny ability to climb "down" cliffs that other folks would have difficulty even climbing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    If I am remembering this correctly, Gollum had an uncanny ability to climb "down" cliffs that other folks would have difficulty even climbing up.
    Right dude. Wrong instance. This one shouldn't take too much longer I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Right dude. Wrong instance. This one shouldn't take too much longer I reckon.
    In the Council of Elrond, Legolas describes Gollum hanging onto tree branches with his feet - sort of contrary climbing?

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    In the Council of Elrond, Legolas describes Gollum hanging onto tree branches with his feet - sort of contrary climbing?
    That's the one. He refused to come down likely 'cause he knew the orcs were fixin to attack as a diversion so he could escape.

I pass the two word riddle staff to you Stride!

Sorry for the wait, here's the next one:

Flighted summons

well, probably 8 or 10 things immediately hopped into my mind, but I'll throw out something from one of my favorite parts of the Silmarillion.

The eagles bringing Huor and Hurin to Gondolin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    well, probably 8 or 10 things immediately hopped into my mind, but I'll throw out something from one of my favorite parts of the Silmarillion.

The eagles bringing Huor and Hurin to Gondolin?
    Very plausible answer but not what I had in mind. Flighted can mean several things...

The Red Arrow of Gondor used to notify the Rohirrim that Gondor was in need of military assistance.

The Red Arrow of Gondor used to notify the Rohirrim that Gondor was in need of military assistance.
    Gah! Obviously too easy for the trivia ninjas here You're up Boraxxe.

Ok, next one (well, two actually).

treble articulation

Ok, next one (well, two actually).

treble articulation
    If this could be taken to mean 'shrill speech', then my guess is when the thrush spoke to Bard about Smaug's weak spot and to fire his arrow there.

Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast