We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 63 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3147
    I'm now in the sad position of being forced to pose a riddle I find less satisfying than the one I just answered! Hard act to follow. Oh well, here goes.

Mining shield.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000010b3d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

Give us a clue please.

This is a much more conventional riddle of the synonym type. I admit it's neither your typical miner nor your typical shield, though...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000010b3d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Oak branch.

Thorin used an oak branch as a shield during the dwarf/goblin war.

Thorin is not your typical minor and an oak branch is not your typical shield.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Oak branch.

True, Thorin is typical in no way at all :P
    The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can.
    ~Bilbo Baggins~

Oak branch.

Good guess, but I don't think Thorin's shield would be very good at mining, whereas my preferred answer was.

Hm, another hint?

Not just a DwarfFriend like our friend here, but also an anthropophile.

Quote Originally Posted by iorviel View Post
    Hm, another hint?

Not just a DwarfFriend like our friend here, but also an anthropophile.
    Hmm. This hint and the "mining" part makes me think of the famous elven "miner", Finrod also known as Felagund, son of Finarfin. Buuut, I have no idea about the shield.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    Hmm. This hint and the "mining" part makes me think of the famous elven "miner", Finrod also known as Felagund, son of Finarfin. Buuut, I have no idea about the shield.
    Dweorg gets it. Finrod was Beren's "shield" in Sauron's wolf-pits, where he lost his life.

Ah, goody! 'twas a nice riddle there.

Let's see if this riddle will be decent enough.

Jolly roger
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Desparate guess just to keep my brain working: Túrin Turambar. He had an outlaw career

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    Desparate guess just to keep my brain working: Túrin Turambar. He had an outlaw career
    A good guess but not correct.

Saruman's white hand, or Sauron's red eye.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Saruman's white hand, or Sauron's red eye.
    Not what I had in my mind, but certainly something that'd fit. Nonetheless, not correct this time.

Goodness, I'm not that clever riddler at all. There's no shrewd or plot or trickstery in my riddles. They're quite straight-forward, heh.

Wilcome Cotton, Rosie's brother.

Wilcome Cotton, Rosie's brother.
    I have a baleful feeling that I did a crucial mistake with the riddle. It should have actually been a hint, I think.

Hint: the answer contains no jollyness, neither rogers. Still, it should have something to have with jolly roger.

Woe me.

Arwen's standard that Aragorn unfurled when he approached the Battle of Pelennor?

Quote Originally Posted by iorviel View Post
    Arwen's standard that Aragorn unfurled when he approached the Battle of Pelennor?
    Hmm. I am misleading with my riddle and hint.

I'll rephrase my hint: who does use jolly roger?

That should bring you to the place I'm seeking for.

Question

Umbar?

Umbar?
    Indeed, Umbar, or Corsairs of Umbar. I admit, my riddle was misleading. I'd rather plan better next time. Anyhow, it's your turn!

Lightbulb

it's your turn!
    The worst part of guessing correctly

A very simple one since I'm very bad at this:

noble sacrifice

The worst part of guessing correctly

A very simple one since I'm very bad at this:

noble sacrifice
    As no one else has answered for reason or another, I'd try.

Could it be as simple as Frodo, the answer? The whole journey was a noble sacrifice on his behalf.

Smile

It would be a valid answer indeed but I'm looking for another one Tip: Don't disregard the literal meaning of the words.

Weell, Finrod Felagund as an answer then? He was literally a noble and he did sacrifice himself to save Beren in the werewolf pits of Melkor.

Thumbs up

Weell, Finrod Felagund as an answer then? He was literally a noble and he did sacrifice himself to save Beren in the werewolf pits of Melkor.
    Right on the money

Page 63 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast