We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3250

Re: Two-word Tolkien Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Eagles is correct.

Bilbo speaking after being rescued along with the dwarves and wizard: "Now I know what a piece of bacon feels like when it is suddenly picked out of the pan on a fork and put back on the shelf!"

Your turn.

(Saruman as "coercive caller"... I need reminding. I can't think of when he would have filled that role.)
    Perhaps when Saruman is yelling at Grima to get up when they meet Gandalf and the hobbits on the road?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Isn't Saruman's Jedi mind trick voice sufficiently coercive?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

On the "coercive caller" riddle, my suggestion would have been Sauron speaking to Pippen on the palantir.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

I did some thinking about a square-dance caller making the calls with a mean voice.

"Allemande Left or die!"
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, Count your change, And try to walk the line"

I did some thinking about a square-dance caller making the calls with a mean voice.

"Allemande Left or die!"
    Rilchiam!!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    Rilchiam!!
    Schmilchiam!!
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, Count your change, And try to walk the line"

Schmilchiam!!
    Gesundheit!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Sorry it took me so long to post one.

Tenty Lagniappe
    Well, I suppose you could always say "flame resistant sunglasses" if you prefer that to "shoes"

It looks as if you have made a Boraxxe error.
    Could be mistaken though....I have been before...once anyway.

Would that be the musical crackers from Dale at the birthday party? The tent there was big enough to enclose the Party Tree.

<edit> I'll be out of contact for a bit, so if that turns out to be right I'll pass on my turn. </edit>
    Last edited by Tuco; May 29 2012 at 03:50 AM.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Anyone else want to take a turn on this? I have one ready if not!

I'm gonna throw one out there then to keep things going! Addicting Alliteration has me again!

Evicted Excavator

Not a dwarf!

Naughty hobbit treasure seeker trespassing in Bag End.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    Naughty hobbit treasure seeker trespassing in Bag End.
    Sancho Proudfoot was who I had in mind specifically, but yeppers! Care to take up the riddle-mantle Vil?

Alrighty then:

Impossibly swift

A caveat - this one is opinion. While I won't say it is inarguable, I think it is very easily defended.
    Last edited by Vilnas; May 30 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Shadowfax?

Nope. I totally expected that answer and should have DQ'd it in advance. I think Tolkien pushed the boundaries of realism there, but still kept Shadowfax's speed within the boundaries of the possible within the general parameters of his quasi-magical world.

How about the promptness of Tom when he shows up to save the hobbits in the barrow downs?

Gah. That's a winner although not the one I wanted. Same idea though.

You get the stick, and I will hold the question open if anyone cares to try again.

Ok, new one:

stainless moon

All right, I'm new to this thread (do you know how long it takes to read 75+ pages of these riddles?) so I may be mistaken, but would that be Isil before Tilion was burned?

In Gimli's song (FotR):
    "The world was young, the mountains green,
    No stain yet on the Moon was seen,
    No words were laid on stream or stone
    When Durin woke and walked alone."
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

Welcome iorviel!

I was really hoping a newbie or someone who hadn't posted in awhile would take a go!

That seems like an excellent guess to me!

Quote Originally Posted by iorviel View Post
    All right, I'm new to this thread (do you know how long it takes to read 75+ pages of these riddles?) so I may be mistaken, but would that be Isil before Tilion was burned?

In Gimli's song (FotR):
    "The world was young, the mountains green,
    No stain yet on the Moon was seen,
    No words were laid on stream or stone
    When Durin woke and walked alone."
    Welcome indeed, iorviel! Not only have you answered correctly, but quite
    poetically as well. You are up.

(And yes, it takes a long time to get through these riddle threads, but methinks the knowledge gained is well
    earned.)

All right. Please be as patient with my first attempt as you were welcoming!

agnostic volunteer
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

hullo there! I'm also new so I'm not exactly sure how well I'm understanding these riddles but....
    Anyway, as for my guess, it could be: The race of Man - this could come from the idea that the race of man weren't truly believers of the Valar?
    Another more specific guess could be Turin? being that he was very faithless by the end and volunteered to slay Glaurung?
    Third and final guess is Gollum, being that he sought to learn all the secrets of Middle-Earth, and volunteers to guide the bobbies to Mordor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 ... LastLast