We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3174
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    If this could be taken to mean 'shrill speech', then my guess is when the thrush spoke to Bard about Smaug's weak spot and to fire his arrow there.
    This is on the wrong track.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    This is on the wrong track.
    Hmmm...treble can also mean triple or a group of three I believe...more thinkin required
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Triple is the right track.

(I thought this would be an easy one. There I go thinkin' again...)
    Last edited by Boraxxe; Jul 12 2013 at 07:30 PM.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Huan the Hound speaking 3 times?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Huan the Hound speaking 3 times?
    Ding Ding Ding.

You're up Wilros.

OK then, for the next riddle let's try:
    Spirit's Embankment
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

OK then, for the next riddle let's try:
    Spirit's Embankment
    Dead Man's &&&&? The Breelander's name for the ruins of Fornost.

EDIT: d-y-k-e which apparently is a profanity ffs.
    Last edited by StrideColossus; Jul 18 2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: overly aggressive profanity filter

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Dead Man's &&&&? The Breelander's name for the ruins of Fornost.

EDIT: d-y-k-e which apparently is a profanity ffs.
    Exactly correct Stride. Deadman's Dike, better know as Fornost Erain.

OK next one:

concluding sovereign

If concluding sovereign refers to the last of a line of kings, there are a few options to choose from, but I will go with Ar-Pharazon, last King of Numenor for my guess.

OK next one:

concluding sovereign
    Reckon Aragorn could also fit the bill, as he brought a few things to conclusion including the rule of the Stewards of Gondor.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

If concluding sovereign refers to the last of a line of kings, there are a few options to choose from, but I will go with Ar-Pharazon, last King of Numenor for my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Reckon Aragorn could also fit the bill, as he brought a few things to conclusion including the rule of the Stewards of Gondor.
    Both on the right lines but not in the money.

OK then, for my 2nd guess I'll go with Arvedui, whose name even means ‘Last King’.

OK then, for my 2nd guess I'll go with Arvedui, whose name even means ‘Last King’.
    Correctamundo!

"whose name even means ‘Last King" <-- that was the important bit that differentiates Arvedui from the other guesses.

You're up.

Correctamundo!

"whose name even means ‘Last King" <-- that was the important bit that differentiates Arvedui from the other guesses.

You're up.
    can I go up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    can I go up?
    Only if you get this riddle right: Loud Trumpeter

Well, I will venture the first thought which came to my mind, and that is Boromir with his famous horn, though your wording of "trumpet" instead of "horn" makes me suspect otherwise.

And if multiple guesses are permitted in one reply, now that I think about it, with "loud" ~ "bold" and "trumpeter" ~ "hornblower", then "loud trumpeter" might refer to "Tobold Hornblower", the first cultivator of pipe-weed in the Shire?

Loud trumpeter.... hmmm.... Could that be the battle of the Last Alliance in Mordor? Lots of Trumpeters there. Or it could be Boromir, who had the Horn of Gondor. Or would it be.. hmm.... A Cappy/Champ from in game?

I have recently started reading Silmarillion again. I especially like the more mythological parts of the beginning; Valar, Maiar. I'm not sure if the English translation is the same, but in the language my copy of Silmarillion is written with, Oromë's name means 'one who plays a horn/trumpet' or 'blaring of horn'. My guess is Oromë
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

I'll guess an Oliphaunt.

I'll guess an Oliphaunt.
    I wouldn't say Oliphaunt, moreso the army of Harad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    I have recently started reading Silmarillion again. I especially like the more mythological parts of the beginning; Valar, Maiar. I'm not sure if the English translation is the same, but in the language my copy of Silmarillion is written with, Oromë's name means 'one who plays a horn/trumpet' or 'blaring of horn'. My guess is Oromë
    Yes, fairly straight forward, and the english translation is basically the same. Oromë had a great horn called the Valaróma which could be heard above all other horns, its sound was supposedly like lightning cleaving the clouds. It is even said that its echoes made Melkor quail in Utumno.

Your turn to befuddle us Dweorg!

Next riddle: Niflheim Mjölnir
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

How about Grond?

I say Grond too, but not as a Siege weapon, but as Morgoth's weapon.

Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast