We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

GB Maze Challenge - Stopping the Melee Boss Heal

As a captain, I am busy kiting wights and arms due to heal aggro, so I don't really know what the tanks are doing to stop the melee brother from healing. I've been in PUG groups where it goes smoothly, and I've been in PUGs where the melee brother is constantly healing back to full, leading to extremely long fights or wipes.

What mechanics are going on there to cause that boss to heal? I'd like to be able to give the tanks some guidance if we encounter trouble.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

Re: GB Maze Challenge - Stopping the Melee Boss Heal

It's a temporary self-buff which causes a small-ish percent of his total morale (5 I think?) to regenerate on every hit. So if you've got people wailing on him through it prepare to see a full heal in relatively short order. It's a mechanic sometimes referred to as red-light/green-light. The way around it is to stop all DPS on said boss while the buff is up.

The icon looks like the blue shield your group gets when you have Harm's Way up.
    [b]Dolcrist[/b] [I]Call to Arms[/I]
    [b]Unguluk[/b] [i]Abyss[/i]

Best thing to do is get boss 1 down to about 10k morale, then go kill the 20 crawling hands. You should be able to finish him off before he gets the healing buff. Pretty simple after that since the second boss' buff is bugged.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

Yeah, get the first boss as low as you can before killing the hands, then kite him around til the 20 hands are down and then finish him off and he won't even get his heal buff off. This has the added benefit of removing the other guy's shielding buff.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brelithion View Post
    It's a temporary self-buff which causes a small-ish percent of his total morale (5 I think?) to regenerate on every hit.
    5% every time this boss takes damage. You have to convince your team mates to not use anything that would apply Dots. No Fire oil or barbed arrow from your Hunter. No burning embers from the Lore Master...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.