We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Freep Rewards?

Freep Rewards?

I've been trying to do a bit of research in to this but I seem to be going round in circles, the simple question is: Can freeps get good rewards from PvMP?

What I mean by this, is do those chests that you trade Tokens of Valor for have anything decent? (I haven't got anything good so far) and do any of the vendors offer anything good?

So far the only thing I've noticed is the mount, which you need glory rank 9 for (long way to go).

So... Do the rewards for freeps just plain suck or am I missing something?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000005924/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    | Saleka: R5 Hunter | Hypnotize: In-training for the Moors :) |

Re: Freep Rewards?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the pvmp rewards -were- good at a time when everyone was lvl 50 out there, but that the stuff has not been updated to account for 65s being out there.
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

Lets hope they update it. We're close to PvP level here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000007b7d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I][B]I'll keep you alive! ...just don't steal my agro[/B][/I]

No freeps don't get gear rewards, it is thought it is reward enough for you freeples to bask in the presence of us creeps :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the pvmp rewards -were- good at a time when everyone was lvl 50 out there, but that the stuff has not been updated to account for 65s being out there.
    I think I heard about that, seems Freeps have been a little neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by WAMPAONE View Post
    Lets hope they update it. We're close to PvP level here.
    What do you mean by close to PvP level? You mean the PvMP is building up and getting into full swing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelowen View Post
    No freeps don't get gear rewards, it is thought it is reward enough for you freeples to bask in the presence of us creeps :-)
    Oh, but we do love you dearly, we just want rewards for killing you like you get rewards (well, not rewards, upgrades and such) for killing us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000005924/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Talking Re: Freep Rewards?

Not many are good or even useful anymore, the horse at Rank 9 maybe. This has been for along time, on the PvMP area you can find the topic. They have not fixed this for a long, long time....I do not think it will get fixed in a year even. I wish they would, taking keeps even with bonuses in the PvE world is ok, not enough. As the PvMP zone was late in Beat 2 and the Devs even said st the time it is a quick way to get DP for you Freeps (also called PC then). With Zerg balls, gank squads, NPC hugging and Stun/Mezz on both side. You have to find the enjoyment out there and not worry about rewards. I enjoyed on Meneldor and Silverlode both sides. Open field battles are always the best. Also I know we have been asking for were you do not pass through each other. Make Guards worth it....Shield wall to protect the line. Would help both side.... but I rant. I hope this answers your question.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5803123Yshot.png[/img][/url]
    In Middle Earth from Beta 2

In all honesty, the only reward that freeps receive in the moors is fun. Yes, at rank 9 you can get a horse. A rather spiffy looking one at that, but it only has as much morale as most rep horses except for the new zone ones, which i hear have 200 morale but do not quote me on that. ****, people are probably gonna quote me on that.... The most important reward for you, Saleka, is a rank 4 bracelet you should get from the jewellry trader. It's probably the best in the game for non-caster types for pvp( agi, might, vit, and like 200 morale). If you ever come across a Brilliant stone: KEEP IT. You need three. Ask me in game and I'll explain what we need to kill to get those.

There is a 65 lvl armor set for the moors.....but it blows. It's garbage. I like to rank up my freeps in the hope that one day turbine will update it to something worth getting again like it was in SoA.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Rebarty View Post
    Not many are good or even useful anymore, the horse at Rank 9 maybe. This has been for along time, on the PvMP area you can find the topic. They have not fixed this for a long, long time....I do not think it will get fixed in a year even. I wish they would, taking keeps even with bonuses in the PvE world is ok, not enough. As the PvMP zone was late in Beat 2 and the Devs even said st the time it is a quick way to get DP for you Freeps (also called PC then). With Zerg balls, gank squads, NPC hugging and Stun/Mezz on both side. You have to find the enjoyment out there and not worry about rewards. I enjoyed on Meneldor and Silverlode both sides. Open field battles are always the best. Also I know we have been asking for were you do not pass through each other. Make Guards worth it....Shield wall to protect the line. Would help both side.... but I rant. I hope this answers your question.
    Please could you explain the bits that I've made bold? I'm still new to all the terms and such, lol.

I do PvMP purely for fun, I wasn't really bothered about rewards but I thought I'd bring it up just in case there WAS something that I could get for my hard work and such. Being rewarded for having fun is a double win, hehe.

Silverlode you say? Hello, sir! I would say that guards really are very much worth it on crick playing a minstrel. I would have died many more times in the past few days without our pro kin guard there with the shield-wall. Freep healers unlike creep healers need to be protected much more. Add a Captain to the equation, and you can do some crazy things. Example: In harms way+ shield wall on capt + some captain skill(i forget the name) on the guardian that reduces incoming damage by 75% = a freep group that's taking EXTREMELY little damage. if the mini throws out his fellowships heart after this or during, the freep group is invincible for that whole duration. I like guardians
    WTB more captains on crickhollow!
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    Silverlode you say? Hello, sir! I would say that guards really are very much worth it on crick playing a minstrel. I would have died many more times in the past few days without our pro kin guard there with the shield-wall. Freep healers unlike creep healers need to be protected much more. Add a Captain to the equation, and you can do some crazy things. Example: In harms way+ shield wall on capt + some captain skill(i forget the name) on the guardian that reduces incoming damage by 75% = a freep group that's taking EXTREMELY little damage. if the mini throws out his fellowships heart after this or during, the freep group is invincible for that whole duration. I like guardians
    Beor does own, lol. I was standing on that ramp at the top of EC raining havoc on 5+ creeps while shield-wall'd, was funnily awesome.

What do you mean by close to PvP level? You mean the PvMP is building up and getting into full swing?

Absolutely! Most of Our guild comes from other MMO's purely for some PvMP. We started only a few weeks ago & are close to leveling Our player toons.. The server will most likely have a lot more PvMP'rs by the time we enter. I hope they add some destiny points for Freeps just like points creeps get. We have started Monster play just to get a feel for how combat will be in the meantime.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000007b7d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I][B]I'll keep you alive! ...just don't steal my agro[/B][/I]

I had a brilliant stone drop from the chest of GV the other day. Sold it for 20g right after. Of course, this is brandywine, so things may be different here, but eventually someone is going to want those stones and be willing to pay through the nose for em.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by WAMPAONE View Post

Absolutely! Most of Our guild comes from other MMO's purely for some PvMP. We started only a few weeks ago & are close to leveling Our player toons.. The server will most likely have a lot more PvMP'rs by the time we enter. I hope they add some destiny points for Freeps just like points creeps get. We have started Monster play just to get a feel for how combat will be in the meantime.
    Well best of luck to you my friend! Hope to see you out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    I had a brilliant stone drop from the chest of GV the other day. Sold it for 20g right after. Of course, this is brandywine, so things may be different here, but eventually someone is going to want those stones and be willing to pay through the nose for em.
    What are "brilliant stones"? And yes, there's like no economy on here yet, haha. It's slowly evening out but with such high demand for resources that aren't in huge quantities, it's going to take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    Add a Captain to the equation, and you can do some crazy things. Example: In harms way+ shield wall on capt + some captain skill(i forget the name) on the guardian that reduces incoming damage by 75% = a freep group that's taking EXTREMELY little damage. if the mini throws out his fellowships heart after this or during, the freep group is invincible for that whole duration. I like guardians
    I agree once you add a capt to a small fellowship, the group basically turns on Godmode. Especially if he traits for his bubble instead of oathbreakers. If he has the Hele set that puts his rally cry on a 6sec cd, no one on this servers beating a grp, with a captain in at this time, not from what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by Trueshots; Oct 27 2010 at 04:19 PM.

Turbine has screwed up PVP so you don't really get rewards as a freep, not like a creep does. Weve been hoping for 3 years that they would change this and nothings happened, supposedly the update in DEC is to be a full pvp update, but ill believe it when I see it. As for the horse, its just for bragging rights, its actually not as good as some of the rep horses. The armor and jewelry rewards are all trash they cant put nice stuff out here anymore because the PVE'er complained we had stuff that was as good or better than theirs, turbine fixed it quick after that. welcome to our world for the last 3 years, a company not caring about their pvp and a company not listening to its pvp subscribers.

What I was talking about is anti collision like FPS, yes the guards ability is good, but on Meneldor we found a way to counter it well. Yes PvMP must be looked at a fun time, for when it is not then it become slips and stones. At that time, it is more like small children in a school ground, nothing more and nothing less. Alot of folks want epic battles, if you want that scheduale a tribe/Kin war off some were, or play a Lords of the Ring Strat Game.

Gank Squad: Wargs or Burg only killing from Rez point or killing lone Greenies.
    DP: Destiny Points
    Zerg Ball: Creep or Freep in large mass close so they look like a large ball or similer.
    NPC huggers: Freeps or Creep hidding with NPC i.e. South Bridge (SB), West Bridge (WB), Elf Camp (EC), Orc Camp (OC).
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5803123Yshot.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    Turbine has screwed up PVP so you don't really get rewards as a freep, not like a creep does. Weve been hoping for 3 years that they would change this and nothings happened, supposedly the update in DEC is to be a full pvp update, but ill believe it when I see it. As for the horse, its just for bragging rights, its actually not as good as some of the rep horses. The armor and jewelry rewards are all trash they cant put nice stuff out here anymore because the PVE'er complained we had stuff that was as good or better than theirs, turbine fixed it quick after that. welcome to our world for the last 3 years, a company not caring about their pvp and a company not listening to its pvp subscribers.
    Well, that's a bit sad... Really do hope they update it, I'd rather PvMP for gear than instance... Instances are getting a little boring and I haven't even started on my Helegrod set yet. *Groan*

What I was talking about is anti collision like FPS, yes the guards ability is good, but on Meneldor we found a way to counter it well. Yes PvMP must be looked at a fun time, for when it is not then it become slips and stones. At that time, it is more like small children in a school ground, nothing more and nothing less. Alot of folks want epic battles, if you want that scheduale a tribe/Kin war off some were, or play a Lords of the Ring Strat Game.

Gank Squad: Wargs or Burg only killing from Rez point or killing lone Greenies.
    DP: Destiny Points
    Zerg Ball: Creep or Freep in large mass close so they look like a large ball or similer.
    NPC huggers: Freeps or Creep hidding with NPC i.e. South Bridge (SB), West Bridge (WB), Elf Camp (EC), Orc Camp (OC).
    Does it make me an NPC hugger for hiding inside EC while 5+ creeps wait outside? XD

As most server and Freeps/Creeps, yes. But I understand if you are by yourself with numbers against you. I would call that a tactical option. I think were it gets bad is were 8+ hide there and will not come out. the Moors is War and as such there are going to be good Groups and Bad. The hard thing is do not burn yourself out, or it will be like Meneldor...not very many Vet Freeps or Creeps out there and then complain when Turbine does not fix it to suit them. Learn to play it how it is, and if they throw a bone then good. Turbine has it's mind set how they will or will not update the Moors. For those of us that have been around from Beta and Closed beta, we have seen things come and go. Just have fun out there, or do like a WL named Circuit did on Meneldor, freeps and creeps play duck duck goose.

Once upon a time... long ago now... Freeps had worthwhile PvP rewards (when the level cap was level 50). Back then, Turbine added PvP gained Freep gear (armour and weaponry) which was worthwhile having. However, since then, they've turned a blind eye toward LotRO PvP.

They now tell us they'll be addressing PvP issues/revamping PvP next year... lolz... mmmkay... Most of my Creep friends have already quit this game because it's going on Year Four now and PvP issues remain ignored.

i thought when you get to a certain rank in the moors you can get a moors mount
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000025935/signature.png]Healhunter[/charsig]
    Freephunter~Rank 7 reaver - Healhunter~Rank 7 defiler - Eateroffreeps~Rank 6 warg

Quote Originally Posted by freephunter View Post
    i thought when you get to a certain rank in the moors you can get a moors mount
    Yes you do, creeps get to use freeps as mounts!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000020dcb/signature.png]Filth[/charsig]
    [i]Proudly running interference on Saleka's 1v1s since October 2010![/i]
    [b]"Rating is for panzies!" - Filth[/b]
    [i]"Imma n00b" - Wulfgore, Rank -5 warg[/i]