We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

n00b question - trading Superior Third Marks for Skirmish Marks?

The item description says they "may be redeemed for Skirmish Marks at the Skirmish Exchange vendor" - but there doesn't actually seem to be an option to do this. Since I'm not much of a group runner (thus the armor sets are out), that leaves me with saving up for Scrolls of Empowerment. Am I missing something, or is the item description wrong about being able to trade them in for SMs? Help!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006201b/01006/signature.png]Indil[/charsig]

Re: n00b question - trading Superior Third Marks for Skirmish Marks?

You need 5 of them to barter for 1 Symbol of Celembrimror, along with some regular skirmish marks.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

As the most valued skirmish mark, I can't imagine why you would want to trade them for regular marks!!! Madness. If you're not into running groups how'd you get one anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    As the most valued skirmish mark, I can't imagine why you would want to trade them for regular marks!!! Madness. If you're not into running groups how'd you get one anyways?
    I made a pact with Melkor, obviously.

Or rather, I did a GB run with a friend of mine to see what it was like (confirmed my "not for me" feelings). So since I only have a few, not enough for even one piece of armor, I figured I might as well get some use (however feeble) out of them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006201b/01006/signature.png]Indil[/charsig]

Well you could grit your teeth 2 or 3 more times, then sell your symbol or take your chance in the LI Lottery...
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Also, there is a lot of jewelery for barter that only takes 1 sup 3rd mark.

Quote Originally Posted by varyar View Post
    I made a pact with Melkor, obviously.

Or rather, I did a GB run with a friend of mine to see what it was like (confirmed my "not for me" feelings). So since I only have a few, not enough for even one piece of armor, I figured I might as well get some use (however feeble) out of them.
    If you only have a handful, I believe you can also use them in conjuntion with regular skirmish marks for a discount on Scolls of Empowerment.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

to answer your question: yes, you can barter them for skirmish marks.

its is on the second page of the Skirmish Exchange guy, i believe

also note, you can trade them for regular third marks, so make sure you have the right barter option selected

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    to answer your question: yes, you can barter them for skirmish marks.

its is on the second page of the Skirmish Exchange guy, i believe

also note, you can trade them for regular third marks, so make sure you have the right barter option selected
    No, you cannot. You can barter VETERAN Third Marks for Skirmish Marks (or Third Marks as you point out), but you CANNOT barter SUPERIOR Third Marks for Skirmish Marks or any lesser form of mark. Merely as a completionist, there should be an option even if no one uses it.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

ah yes, Veteran marks. thanks for the correction.

How can you NOT like group content and play an MMO? What else is there to do at cap but grind marks lol

Edit- and you're a tank to boot