We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Haunted Burrow Map - *SPOILER*

*SPOILER WARNING*

I have prepared a map of the Haunted Burrow which I'd like to offer to anyone who may be interested in such a thing. The Haunted Burrow is possibly the most interesting (and fun) festival event we've seen thus far. And while I encourage everyone to explore the space on their own I know there are those who will benefit greatly by having a map to study.

This drawing was prepared with rudimentary survey techniques and details the locations of walls within the space, connections between areas and locations of items within those areas. Apart from that, the map gives no indication of what to do, or where to go first - you'll have to work all that out yourself.

I'm providing links instead of images here to prevent the undue spoilage of surprises. This way, you'll have to click a link if you want the map. I'm providing the map in PNG format in 2 resolutions as well as PDF file suitable for printing (the suggested course of action). So, for the cartographically challenged, I present, The Haunted Burrow Survey:

The Haunted Burrow Sm v1.1.PNG (1600x1236) {for viewing}
    The Haunted Burrow Lg v1.1.PNG (6600x5100) {for printing}
    The Haunted Burrow v1.1.PDF (4000 DPI) {for anything}

Note: If you print the PDF on 8.5" x 11" paper it should come out to scale (or very near to it).

Note: Also, if the map looks fuzzy - zoom in. There's plenty of resolution in these images (excepting the first one).
    Last edited by TheREALify; Oct 31 2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Updated map - Modified all links

Re: Haunted Burrow Map - *SPOILER*

AWESOME!
    +rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012e209/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I]"He knows not to what end he rides; yet if he knew, he would still go on."[/I]

6 Long Street, Bree-land Homesteads, Landroval, open to all

Excellent job! Thank you very much for making this and sharing it, especially at high resolutions. +rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000b7f6a/01008/signature.png]Cipheron[/charsig]
    [FONT=Courier New] [COLOR=Green]┌────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]────────────────────┐[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR] [URL="http://redsquadron.org"][COLOR=#b06060][U][B]Crimson Vanguard[/B][/U][/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b06060] successor on Landroval [/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]........................................[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]├────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]────────────────────┤[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Cipheron: [COLOR=#1c1c1c].[/COLOR]60 Lore-master, SM Historian [/COLOR] [COLOR=#1c1c1c].[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciphel: [COLOR=#1c1c1c]......[/COLOR]21 Minstrel, Explorer [/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]...[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciphariel: 53 Champion, SM Explorer [/COLOR] [COLOR=#1c1c1c].....[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciphoin: [COLOR=#1c1c1c].....[/COLOR]21 Runekeeper, Historian [/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciph: [COLOR=#1c1c1c].....[/COLOR]44 Captain, Woodsman [/COLOR] [COLOR=#1c1c1c].........[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Extrabank: [COLOR=#1c1c1c]...[/COLOR]02 (mule) [/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]...............[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciphorin: [COLOR=#1c1c1c].[/COLOR]24 Guardian, Armourer [/COLOR] [COLOR=#1c1c1c]........[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Extrastorage: 02 (mule) [/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]...............[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=Gray] Ciphara: [COLOR=#1c1c1c]..[/COLOR]23 Burglar, SM Tinker [/COLOR] [COLOR=#1c1c1c]...............................................[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]...........................[/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]............................[/COLOR][COLOR=#1c1c1c]...........................[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR][COLOR=#2a2a2a]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[/COLOR][COLOR=#2a2a2a]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[/COLOR][COLOR=#2a2a2a]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[/COLOR][COLOR=#2a2a2a]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]│[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Green]└────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]─────────────────────[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]────────────────────┘[/COLOR][/FONT]

Awesome! I had started doing this with graph paper and a pencil, your map is much prettier than mine!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000016fea/01004/signature.png]Arpeggio[/charsig]

Wow, good job.

Though I won't actually be looking at it until I run this myself a few times. I like surprises
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

Thank you all for your most kind and supportive comments! I'm very glad you like the map and hope it serves you well during the festival!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardian View Post
    AWESOME!
    +rep
    Thank you very much Nardian! Plus rep is always appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    Excellent job! Thank you very much for making this and sharing it, especially at high resolutions. +rep
    Thank you as well Cipher_nemo! I'm glad I went ahead and pushed the resolutions up now. I didn't know if anyone would find that useful but I'm very glad you did. It should make it easier to print and still be able to read everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rhondalicious View Post
    Awesome! I had started doing this with graph paper and a pencil, your map is much prettier than mine!
    Thank you also, Rhondalicious! I started in the same place - with graph paper and a mechanical pencil. And trust me, if it wasn't for the drafting software my map wouldn't have been pretty at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlor View Post
    Wow, good job.

Though I won't actually be looking at it until I run this myself a few times. I like surprises
    Thank you too, Rawlor! I totally understand...that's why I posted links to images and not just images. I like making maps, but I don't like spoiling surprises! And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if, after a few runs, you find you don't need a map at all.

Very nice work!

A minor quible (and mild spoiler)-

you can get Bilbo's wine in places other than the ones you show.

Nonetheless, +1 rep for you.

Awesome, some rep4u!

Great job! Thanks for all your hard work!

nice... I'll definitely check the cellar out tonight.
    [color=#FF9933][b][size=-4]Landroval[/size][/b][/color]
    [color=#CC6600][b][size=-4]Helios / Thimbledor / Bubo / Mystryll / Sneadric / Obsidianna / Lyndee / Liellew[/size][/b][/color]
    [color=#993300][b][size=-4]x58 / core i7 920 @ 3.8 / GTX470 SLI / 6gb ddr3 / X-FI / 100G Patriot Inferno SSD / 5760x1080 surround / Win 7-64[/size][/b][/color]

Rep added,

Always love to see people putting in the yards for the community.

I've downloaded the pdf, but wont use it until I'm done .. I just love the work that has gone into this festival..

here's to hoping that the Devs can put this much work into the next raid cluster, and make it as much fun
    [COLOR=Green][SIZE=3][B]Doktaduck [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][URL="http://www.gwaith-i-har.com/index.php"][B][COLOR=lightblue][SIZE=2][I]-Gwaith i Har-[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]. Elendilmir[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [/FONT]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/kinship-elendilmir-gwaith_i_har/"]
    [/URL]

As a (VERY) directionally challenged person - I thank you for this (Finding the poor scared hobbits today took me 45 minutes ) At the rate I'm going, I *might* get in a speed run on the day the festival closes!!!

Nice map, thanks!
    [Center][COLOR="DarkGreen"] Mikael - Hunter [/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"] Darr - Guardian [/COLOR] [COLOR="black"]?[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"] Retlif - Minstrel [/COLOR][COLOR="black"]?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"] Zboro - Burglar [/COLOR][/Center]

my map it is in my mind, but we can do the quests again in 9 hours so... thanks for that man ^^ i don't have too much memory

Really impressive and clear design, thank you
    "Hunting? I'm hunting... for a fresh pint!" - Townperson, Bree-town Hunting Lodge

You can haz rep! Great map, will be useful for someone like me who gets lost easily.
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thumbs down Re: Haunted Burrow Map - *SPOILER*

thanks for sharing

Excellent -- thank you! I'm going to try it on my own, but nice to know I have the map bookmarked for when I assuredly become lost!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001fe183/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

+repcookies for the map. Now I'll just do it the easy way a couple of times until my brain catches on! YAY for helpful people!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000001e6a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Fare you well ... let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell ... let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

I had made myself a crude map as well because I kept getting turned around & now looking at your layouts, I see I kept going between the Main Cellar & the Basement & didn't realize they were two different areas. Hah. Guess I need to buff my Dungeonering stat. Consider yourself rep'd.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. +Rep for you!
    [LEFT]
    [/LEFT]

I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive responses from everyone. I'm not going to try to respond to everyone individually, but please know I appreciate the positive feedback (and +rep) you've all provided. I'm very very glad you all like the map and find it useful.

Sthrax - That's no minor quibble - that's an important detail and I'm glad you brought it to my attention! I don't know if the quest has changed since I made the map or if I just overlooked something from the start. Either way, I will investigate this anomaly and have a corrected version of the map available as soon as I can. Thanks again for pointing it out.

And thanks again to everyone who's posted in this thread. It really does mean a lot to me.

Nice map! One issue:

For the Valuables Gone Astray quest, only one cocoon, etc. is correct and remains correct every time you start the quest.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Nice map! One issue:

For the Valuables Gone Astray quest, only one cocoon, etc. is correct and remains correct every time you start the quest.
    Thank you very much. And yes, you are correct. However, there's a lot of people who will want to solve the puzzles themselves and I wanted the map to be useful to as wide an audience as possible. So, I made the map to help more with navigation than quest completion.

But you're absolutely right. It's in the same place every time and I showed all the different locations - on purpose. But at least you know why now.

What program did you use to create this?
    It is very well designed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast